Joey Barton

JJ7

Watching that back, fair fucking play Joey. I would have forgiveness Gandhi for chinning one of those cunts, especially Henry.

He really did well there and deserves a lot of respect for keeping his cool.

He's getting booked purely because he's called Joey Barton. Had he come out wearing a different shirt with a different name and number on the back and played exactly the same he wouldn't have 3 bookings to his name now. It fucking stinks tbh. :hmm:

He's grown in stature beyond recognition.

Takes more balls to lap them up and do nothing than it does to react angrily.

Respect to JB.

so far while the going isgoodish. will it continue through the inevitable sticky patch.

hope so, as many have said this is a make or break season for barton.

Referees will have to watch out for that. Clearly, there were team instructions go in hard on Barton, in the hope of getting a reaction.

The ref did watch every single foul and did nothing. Probably congratulated them after the game.

I hope we complain and put that point across, even a monk wouldn't put up with that shit on a regular basis but if it continues we can't really object to Joey ripping out someons still beating heart.

What was with Shearer laughing? Something to do with the spat between him and Joey when he managed for 8 games? Didn't think it was on like. Nothing funny about the way he was hammered all game long, could easily have gone too far and ended his career. Some of the tackles were beyond a joke. Joey showed some real class to just get on with it.

100% agree,  he is totally victimised because of who he is,  today he got booked for virtually his first foul of the match and it was the 94th minute!!

He took some stick today and no doubt will be a bit sore in the morning although i thought the 1st challenge at the start of the game with Henry was a really good 50-50,  both were fully committed.  The challenge from Henry when he eventually got booked was a shocker though and could easily have been red.

I hope we complain and put that point across, even a monk wouldn't put up with that s*** on a regular basis but if it continues we can't really object to Joey ripping out someons still beating heart.

na na, get on with it and no whining. that'll be better for the player aswell. it could well see that tactic dropped by others earlier if it's seen to have no effect.

Guest Roger Kint

I agree Jamie87, really let down by that.

Aye cos Shearer never got fouled relentlessly.......

Didnt watch MOTD but Shearer is oldschool, he made a career from getting twatted(and gave it back naturally)

Didnt watch MOTD but Shearer is oldschool, he made a career from getting twatted(and gave it back naturally)

Don't remember him ever getting continually twatted on that scale in any match.

I hope we complain and put that point across, even a monk wouldn't put up with that s*** on a regular basis but if it continues we can't really object to Joey ripping out someons still beating heart.

na na, get on with it and no whining. that'll be better for the player aswell. it could well see that tactic dropped by others earlier if it's seen to have no effect.

I like the concept but it won't happen, a few more games and mother Theresa would be kicking off. Barton would have every reason despite his past.

Guest Roger Kint

Never said he did, just pointing out he usually dusted himself off and went on with his job forthe most part

Don';t get me wrong I loved Shearer as a player and still like him now. But that wasn't really my point. I just felt like he was trying to make some sort of point with his laughing, felt forced. I could obviously be wrong, just my interpretation.

And he would have reacted, if he got caught or not is a different matter.

Never said he did, just pointing out he usually dusted himself off and went on with his job forthe most part

You implied he got what Barton did today on a regular basis. Shearer would have lost his cool if he'd been getting that.

There's getting thrown around a bit and there's being deliberately targetted. What happened with Barton today wasn't just 'part of the game' - they wanted to hurt him and they wanted to push his buttons and gage a reaction.

Far from laughable.

Guest Roger Kint

Extremely professional performance by Joey today. A far cry from Anfield a few seasons ago. Well played that man

Dare say a far cry from that bad hack on Sunday and the stamp in Depor for that matter

I like the concept but it won't happen, a few more games and mother Theresa would be kicking off. Barton would have every reason despite his past.

aye a few more games, its a bloody obvious tactic (i pointed out earlier it was tried years ago when kevin dillon was here), whining about it makes it worse. keep schtum and it'll die off if its not working.

of the upcoming games and without doing a fixture list its what stoke will do and probably everton but not to the same extent.

Guest Heneage

He's getting booked purely because he's called Joey Barton. Had he come out wearing a different shirt with a different name and number on the back and played exactly the same he wouldn't have 3 bookings to his name now. It f***ing stinks tbh. :hmm:

Thought exactly this.

I wonder how many of those several tackles he suffered received a yellow card.