Joey Barton

JJ7

"The more people cane us, the more we like it. Everything goes up on the board in the dressing room and we come out every week looking to prove people wrong.

"We could have had eight against a very good Villa side. This won't be an easy place to come for any side to come to."

SIEGE MENTALITY :smug:

Watching the videos its obvious team mates had made jokes about his tash and hitler, if it was anoyne else nothing would be said.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm surprised that there's people defending him, two different forums:

So when John Cleese does it, it is comedy gold. When Joey Barton does it, it is a disgrace?

Of course, the guy isn't exactly the most loved character in the game. However I don't see the big deal.

Looks like he did, will be interesting to see if there is a reaction. When Basil Fawlty did it everyone laughed when Barton does it he will be tagged a neo nazi.

Cant stand the cnut, but its fairly harmless

:lol:

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/joey-barton-celebrates-nazi-salute-306608/#post8529576

:mackems:

Guest RowanB

To be honest, Nazi salutes are the kind of thing that shouldn't be joked about. We can all see that there was almost definitely no malice, but that's not the point. It's just a really naive thing to do.

I can't wait for the press to be full of this absolute bollocks. He had a fucking tache, then he scored. He put his arm in the air.

Nazi salute, jesus fucking wept. I guess Shearer's traditional goal celebration was a partial Nazi salute as well then. What a nation of politically correct sad little cunts this country is at times. Whinging pricks.

Guest Stephen927

There was always going to be something dragged out to spoil the day. Really scraping the barrel with the Nazi salute talk.

Maybe it offended all 0 of the German players in either squad.

There was always going to be something dragged out to spoil the day. Really scraping the barrel with the Nazi salute talk.

Surely Nazi salutes would offend Jews more than Germans?

What a goal

Exactly. What a goal! Who gives a fuck if he put his arm up in the air for christ sake. As Dave said, this country is so sad with its PC at times.

If Steven Gerrard had done that it would be non-stop jizzing over his goal from the media. But not with Barton....

Guest Stephen927

It should offend both unless the Germans in question harbour Nazi tendencies.

Avram Grant is so upset he's getting a happy ending with his massage this evening.

Guest RowanB

I didn't actually see anything, but if he did a Nazi salute, that is extremely naive. If it wasn't and people are getting hysterical about a Sheareresque celebration, then that's just pathetic.

Guest optimistic nit

To be honest, Nazi salutes are the kind of thing that shouldn't be joked about. We can all see that there was almost definitely no malice, but that's not the point. It's just a really naive thing to do.

whether nazi salutes should be joked about or not (personally i see it as an issue, mainly as i've called people nazi's or hitler in the past), if your going to criticise barton for it, then there are a lot of others to criticise as well.