Joey Barton

JJ7

Of course it didn't. It's incredible that people use it against the lad.

yes it did and no its not.

You are wrong.

This. It keeps annoying the fuck out of me how people use a wrongly given red card against Barton.

Take another look at it. He jumps at the player, and although he gets the ball he then follows through with his other leg.

Barton, if he can maintain his current form, is the kind of quality player that should separate us from the dross at the bottom end of the table.

...and probably would have done if he could have stayed fit two seasons ago. I hope he manages to maintain both form and fitness he has kept his head down, worked hard and he deserves it, then maybe a little credit will come.

I know. He could have at least chosen to be born with steel bones so they wouldnt break. He's a fuckin idiot for deciding to get injured and missing periods of the season.

Seriously though, get a grip. I doubt you were blaming Shearer for his injury problems. It's also not Joey's problem that on a number of occasions the club has decided to bring him back too quickly from injury, like many a player over the years. I'll agree it always takes him a few games to get match fit, but this can't be helped. When he does get a run of games, he's pretty much our best player.

Barton, if he can maintain his current form, is the kind of quality player that should separate us from the dross at the bottom end of the table.

...and probably would have done if he could have stayed fit two seasons ago. I hope he manages to maintain both form and fitness he has kept his head down, worked hard and he deserves it, then maybe a little credit will come.

I know. He could have at least chosen to be born with steel bones so they wouldnt break. He's a fuckin idiot for deciding to get injured and missing periods of the season.

Seriously though, get a grip. I doubt you were blaming Shearer for his injury problems. It's also not Joey's problem that on a number of occasions the club has decided to bring him back too quickly from injury, like many a player over the years. I'll agree it always takes him a few games to get match fit, but this can't be helped. When he does get a run of games, he's pretty much our best player.

it is his problem he's repeatedly behaved like a twat and played crap in his time here. a player at any other club or someone in another walk of life wouldn't be getting plaudits for keeping his nose clean while in a £50k a week job for a year or two with his history,especially when he's been able to keep out the limelight through injury.

he has at last, and on one occasion especially, started to show some maturity and has shown the on pitch form he is capable of (hope it lasts as even alan smith has had a couple of good games off the belt).

and the red against liverpool was a red,leading foot touching the ball but going over it deliberatly and he knew exactly that the trailing leg would go right through the man. the only difference between his and joe coles is that barton got a touch on the ball. which with that sort of tackle doesn't matter.

He hasn't been crap here though. Granted he hasn't been as good as he was at City, but he hasn't been crap. Can't remember any dreadful performances like I can for some of our other players.

If only he'd gone in with both feet, he'd not have tripped Alonso up, but that's Joey Barton for you always going out to injure people.

I was fuming with Shearer when I watched MOTD after coming home from the pub last week. He went down in my estimation when he did that. The ex-Liverpool media gang get criticised for sticking up for Liverpool all the time, but it's what you expect. If anything Shearer over-compensates when it comes to us. No way would that kind of obvious targeting of a player have been laughed off if it had been Fabregas, Lampard, Gerrard, etc on the receiving end of it.

He hasn't been crap here though. Granted he hasn't been as good as he was at City, but he hasn't been crap. Can't remember any dreadful performances like I can for some of our other players.

Eh? He's been extremely poor. Looks like a new man this season though.

Of course it didn't. It's incredible that people use it against the lad.

:thup:

Was a textbook 'only because he's Joey Barton' moment. I tried to argue this at the time and got completely shot down.

Guest firetotheworks

Lets not let this fade into grey eh. He's been shit, totally shit. Since the start of this season he's been brilliant. Neither element should effect the other.

Well I totally disagree. ever since he's been here we've looked a better team with him than without. One game that springs to mind was the mackems away when we got beat. We were awful until him and Jonas came on. As I said, not as good as when he was at City, but still fairly decent. Although he does take a while to get up to speed after injury.

Well I totally disagree. ever since he's been here we've looked a better team with him than without. One game that springs to mind was the mackems away when we got beat. We were awful until him and Jonas came on. As I said, not as good as when he was at City, but still fairly decent. Although he does take a while to get up to speed after injury.

That match under JK, where Barton played about 5 minutes? 

Guest firetotheworks

One game.

Says it all.

And we conceded the second a matter of seconds after Jonas came on. :lol:

And we conceded the second a matter of seconds after Jonas came on. :lol:

Aye.  :lol:

Agree with JJ7.

There was never any solid basis for believing Barton wasnt a good player atall. Generally when he's played he's had more creativity than most around him. Even start of last season, his first few games back from injury he wasnt very good. But that was mainly because he was on the wing losing the ball when attempting through balls at a time when everything we did was lump it long.

Guest firetotheworks

Agree with JJ7.

There was never any solid basis for believing Barton wasnt a good player atall.

That doesn't mean to say he hasn't been shit up until now. I never thought he was a bad player, but that doesn't mean he hasn't played badly.

Agree with JJ7.

There was never any solid basis for believing Barton wasnt a good player atall.

but there was the evidence of a player who played fantastically well about 4 years ago and has been poor in his fleeting displays since.

While im here btw

I predit that he'll put in some class performances some point soon, everyone will start kissing his ass again & ill quote this to show im mystic meg. People have very short memories.

my memory goes back through all of his time here. for what its worth i made him MotM against villa, i'll be honest and give credit when its due, i'll also say someone been crap when they've been crap. if you want mystic meggedness check my posts in the tiote thread where i said we'd getr ben arfa on loan on our terms ans no-one would be leaving.

Think he's been very good since coming back from injury the last few games last season. Woeful to average at best up until that point though.

small spell under keegan when he started poor but seemed to get better game by game. his games at the start of last season were as bad as i've seen from an NUFC midfielder.

Guest firetotheworks

Yes that one game. I'm not going to sit here and list them all.

...because you can't. I think you know that if you try to it'll bite you on the arse.

I'll start you off.

Reading home 2008

Spurs away 2008

Reading home 2008

Spurs away 2008

Fulham home 2008

I seem to remember the 0-1 defeat to Blackburn at home in 2008 he played Owen in about 6 times for him to fluff it.

Aside from those, and a semi-decent cameo at the Stadium of Light under Kinnear, there's been very few high points until the last few games of last season and the first few of this.