Joey Barton

JJ7

Guest RowanB

To be honest, Nazi salutes are the kind of thing that shouldn't be joked about. We can all see that there was almost definitely no malice, but that's not the point. It's just a really naive thing to do.

whether nazi salutes should be joked about or not (personally i see it as an issue, mainly as i've called people nazi's or hitler in the past), if your going to criticise barton for it, then there are a lot of others to criticise as well.

You see it as an issue or you don't?

To be honest, Nazi salutes are the kind of thing that shouldn't be joked about. We can all see that there was almost definitely no malice, but that's not the point. It's just a really naive thing to do.

whether nazi salutes should be joked about or not (personally i see it as an issue, mainly as i've called people nazi's or hitler in the past), if your going to criticise barton for it, then there are a lot of others to criticise as well.

it wasn't a nazi salute so it's a non-issue.

Guest RowanB

it wasn't a nazi salute so it's a non-issue.

If it wasn't, then it's a non-issue. I'm confused by Optomystyc's post. I've got a feeling he/ she made an error in his/ her post.

I can't wait for the press to be full of this absolute bollocks. He had a fucking tache, then he scored. He put his arm in the air.

Nazi salute, jesus fucking wept. I guess Shearer's traditional goal celebration was a partial Nazi salute as well then. What a nation of politically correct sad little cunts this country is at times. Whinging pricks.

bias bias bias bias bias alert

dude, he made a nazi salute.  shearer didn't make a nazi salute.  ok.

Guest RowanB

I didn't see it. People are only being politically correct if it wasn't a Nazi salute. If it was, then of course it's an issue. Simple as that.

I can't wait for the press to be full of this absolute bollocks. He had a fucking tache, then he scored. He put his arm in the air.

Nazi salute, jesus fucking wept. I guess Shearer's traditional goal celebration was a partial Nazi salute as well then. What a nation of politically correct sad little cunts this country is at times. Whinging pricks.

bias bias bias bias bias alert

dude, he made a nazi salute.  shearer didn't make a nazi salute.  ok.

:lol:

OH MY FUCKING GOD! :facepalm:

He's pointing at his fucking tache!!!!

Some people are so politically corrects and fucking fragile.

fucking hell no.  some people are blind and jump to conclusions.

he made a nazi salute.  just because people have pointed it out doesn't mean they're crying into their fictional copy of the daily mail.

OH MY FUCKING GOD! :facepalm:

He's pointing at his fucking tache!!!!

Some people are so politically corrects and fucking fragile.

fucking hell no.  some people are blind and jump to conclusions.

he made a nazi salute.  just because people have pointed it out doesn't mean they're crying into their fictional copy of the daily mail.

The problem with a nazi salute is that it's relatively easy to do one without realising. When I hailed a taxi after the match I could easily have been accused of showing my respect to the Reich.

STOP THE PRESS THIS IS FUCKING AWESOOOOOOME: http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/return-to-glory-newcastle-6-0-aston-villa.html

Now, I can understand why Newcastle fans are frustrated because they just had a terrific win they want to celebrate.  But, I would urge them that instead of getting angry at football fans for focusing on the “worst part” or “picking on Barton”- instead, perhaps they should ask why Barton felt it was necessary to overshadow the team’s and the fan’s celebration with his own political beliefs?  This seems to me to be a clear case of the player putting his own agenda before the club’s – and its not just about using the stadium as his political platform.  This about ensuring that the club doesn’t create or project an image of a hostile environment- which could jeopardize future recruitment and cohesiveness of the team.  Look, the bottom line is that while there are other criticisms of Barton and his beliefs to be made- there are enough “football” reasons to warrant Newcastle fans questioning Barton’s intentions and dedication to their team.  No player is above the team and no player should use the club’s success as an outlet to express his personal beliefs.

He has a promising tabloid career ahead.

STOP THE PRESS THIS IS f***ing AWESOOOOOOME: http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/return-to-glory-newcastle-6-0-aston-villa.html

Now, I can understand why Newcastle fans are frustrated because they just had a terrific win they want to celebrate.  But, I would urge them that instead of getting angry at football fans for focusing on the worst part or picking on Barton- instead, perhaps they should ask why Barton felt it was necessary to overshadow the teams and the fans celebration with his own political beliefs?  This seems to me to be a clear case of the player putting his own agenda before the clubs and its not just about using the stadium as his political platform.  This about ensuring that the club doesnt create or project an image of a hostile environment- which could jeopardize future recruitment and cohesiveness of the team.  Look, the bottom line is that while there are other criticisms of Barton and his beliefs to be made- there are enough football reasons to warrant Newcastle fans questioning Bartons intentions and dedication to their team.  No player is above the team and no player should use the clubs success as an outlet to express his personal beliefs.

He has a promising tabloid career ahead.

Yes he has. His grammar is shit.

Guest RowanB

I agree with everything in that article apart from the writer's assumption that it was definitely a Nazi salute. Very sensationalist if it wasn't.

that was not a nazi salute. he was wriggling his gay lilttle fingers by his top lip, indicating a imaginary shaver for his tashe..

i dont remember Hitler wriggling his fingers like a gay.

All I wanna say is all those clueless fuckers who said he wasn't in our best two midfielders you were wrong. Absolutely ran the midfield first half, solid second. Our best midfielder by a country mile!