Joey Barton

JJ7

STOP THE PRESS THIS IS FUCKING AWESOOOOOOME: http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/return-to-glory-newcastle-6-0-aston-villa.html

Now, I can understand why Newcastle fans are frustrated because they just had a terrific win they want to celebrate.  But, I would urge them that instead of getting angry at football fans for focusing on the “worst part” or “picking on Barton”- instead, perhaps they should ask why Barton felt it was necessary to overshadow the team’s and the fan’s celebration with his own political beliefs?  This seems to me to be a clear case of the player putting his own agenda before the club’s – and its not just about using the stadium as his political platform.  This about ensuring that the club doesn’t create or project an image of a hostile environment- which could jeopardize future recruitment and cohesiveness of the team.  Look, the bottom line is that while there are other criticisms of Barton and his beliefs to be made- there are enough “football” reasons to warrant Newcastle fans questioning Barton’s intentions and dedication to their team.  No player is above the team and no player should use the club’s success as an outlet to express his personal beliefs.

He has a promising tabloid career ahead.

Stupid cow, talk about sweeping assumptions. She doesn't provide any supporting evidence that Barton is a Nazi and fails to exlplain how he would profit himself or his political beliefs by displaying a nazi salute following a goal at a sporting event to a crowd of sports fans. I'm guessing at this point he never thought for a moment it was actually a political rally anymore than Sarah actually gave any thought to what she was writing - pure prejudice I think.

He was waving goodbye to the moustache as someone has already pointed out.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think if he cleans up his act over the next 5-8 years he will be a hugely successful pundit if someone is willing to give him a shot.

OH MY FUCKING GOD! :facepalm:

He's pointing at his fucking tache!!!!

Some people are so politically correct and fucking fragile.

fucking hell no.  some people are blind and jump to conclusions.

he made a nazi salute.  just because people have pointed it out doesn't mean they're crying into their fictional copy of the daily mail.

Blind and conclusions? Surely you're supporting the people who say it's NOT a Nazi salute then? Because it's the blind and conclusion jumpers that are seeing Nazism there. Some in the press are now writing about it as "Joey's beliefs" ffs.

It's pathetic.

Stole this from toontastic.

From daily mail:

A flurry of comments swept the internet asking if this was Barton's impression of Basil Fawlty offending his German guests in a famous Fawlty Towers episode, but Barton insisted that anyone thinking there were Nazi overtones to his celebration had got completely the wrong end of the stick.

The wayward 27-year-old was merely gesturing that his ridiculous moustache was about to be shaved off. Barton, along with team-mates, pledged not to shave until Newcastle claimed their first win of the season.

Moving quickly to explain the gesture, he said: 'I was simply saying "the moustache is going".'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/22/article-1305214-0AE177D8000005DC-143_468x331.jpg

Guest malandro

that was not a nazi salute. he was wriggling his gay lilttle fingers by his top lip, indicating a imaginary shaver for his tashe..

i dont remember Hitler wriggling his fingers like a gay.

There aren’t enough swear words in Captain F***’s Encyclopaedia of Profanity to adequately sum up what a pile of crud this latest media nonsense is.

Guest marky555

A glorious afternoon for Newcastle United, featuring a hat-trick from Andy Carroll, was overshadowed by Joey Barton's questionable goal celebration today.

No it wasn't.

What an absolute joke! I hope everyone who reads this agrees that Louise Taylor is writing absolute shit.

Cracking, love the shaving pics!

Nazi salute my arse, absolutely anything to stir up problems and section out that crazy loose cannon Barton.

Aye he has a long way to go to prove he is over his previous problems but he has been great for us the past year, put his head down and has worked hard.

A glorious afternoon for Newcastle United, featuring a hat-trick from Andy Carroll, was overshadowed by Joey Barton's questionable goal celebration today.

No it wasn't.

Jesus fucking wept.

Guest firetotheworks

She's a f***ing cow her like. Bitter little mackem. amazed the guardian still employ her considering how utterly biased she is.

I hope she gets aids.

She is aids.