Hillsborough

Guest toonlass

Got to wonder if this will really be the end. Seems unlikely, there will surely be something in there that doesn't satisfy the campaigners.

I wouldn't be surprised if some legal cases were launched for compensation especially if it is proved that some lives could have been saved if it were not for the negligence of the people in charge that day.

Guest icemanblue

Got to wonder if this will really be the end. Seems unlikely, there will surely be something in there that doesn't satisfy the campaigners.

I wouldn't be surprised if some legal cases were launched for compensation especially if it is proved that some lives could have been saved if it were not for the negligence of the people in charge that day.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, like.

Of course there's nothing wrong with that. It's been over 23 years since Hillsborough and the families of the 96 still don't know why their loved ones died, almost entirely because the authorities conducted themselves in the most sickening, underhand manner. If nothing else this entire process will have been worth it if it stops people (many of which should really know better) trotting out the same old slanderous shite about the conduct of Liverpool supporters, all of which was proven to be utter tosh by the Taylor Report. I seriously doubt it though.

I don't like Liverpool FC as a football club, I don't like the way they conducted themselves throughout the Luis Suarez saga and I can't abide their deluded, entitled support but I stand shoulder to shoulder with them on Hillsborough. It could've been any club or any set of supporters and to use a tragic act as a stick to beat them with is pretty sick.

JFT96.

Of course there's nothing wrong with that. It's been over 23 years since Hillsborough and the families of the 96 still don't know why their loved ones died, almost entirely because the authorities conducted themselves in the most sickening, underhand manner. If nothing else this entire process will have been worth it if it stops people (many of which should really know better) trotting out the same old slanderous shite about the conduct of Liverpool supporters, all of which was proven to be utter tosh by the Taylor Report. I seriously doubt it though.

I don't like Liverpool FC as a football club, I don't like the way they conducted themselves throughout the Luis Suarez saga and I can't abide their deluded, entitled support but I stand shoulder to shoulder with them on Hillsborough. It could've been any club or any set of supporters and to use a tragic act as a stick to beat them with is pretty sick.

JFT96.

Hear hear.

Guest icemanblue

JFT96.

Dropping truth bombs all over the place, mate. Well said.

JFT96.

:thup:

JFT96.

Spot on.

My uncle was at Hillsborough a few seasons before 1989 and there was a crush.  A major problem was only averted due to them opening the gates. 

I'm sure it's documented in that 'Black & White Daft' book about late 70's to early 90's book.  Said it was the panic that made it worse too. Very nearly happened to our fans so it's something that couldve been avoided sadly.

My opinions on it that there are several factors that caused the dissaster (no single party to blame) but I just hope that the families find some sort of closure with today's findings.

JFT96.

Spot on.

My uncle was at Hillsborough a few seasons before 1989 and there was a crush.  A major problem was only averted due to them opening the gates. 

I'm sure it's documented in that 'Black & White Daft' book about late 70's to early 90's book.  Said it was the panic that made it worse too. Very nearly happened to our fans so it's something that couldve been avoided sadly.

My opinions on it that there are several factors that caused the dissaster (no single party to blame) but I just hope that the families find some sort of closure with today's findings.

Most people who went to football matches in the 1980s will be able to remember an occasion or two when they found themselves in a pen with far too many people in it, or where conditions made you concerned for your safety.

It's really, really hard to explain the way football fans were viewed, were treated by others and the conditions in which we watched the games to people not old enough to remember anything but the game as we know it today. It's also hard to explain the way football fans treated each other, too. That's something that always occurs to me these days when I see away fans walking amongst home fans, in their own colours, something we'd pretty much never have done back then.

What happened at Hillsborough could have happened to any of us at the time - that is what conditions and policing were like at grounds back then. The Justice campaign isn't just about Liverpool supporters, it could quite easily have been your club or mine or any other club whose fans died that day. It is about all of us.

It's also, disturbingly, not just about football, either. The way those families were lied about, lied to and failed by various sectors of the machinery that runs this country - police, politicians, press - in 1989 and almost every year since then raises some really serious questions with an impact that goes way beyond football.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, like.

Neither do I.

The families deserve their justice, a lot of things went wrong as shown in mcgoverns documentary.

however other Liverpool fans have to stop using the hillsborough victims as a stick to beat people with whenever they hear anything they don't like.

also when shouting out against conspiracy by politicians police and the media Liverpool fans must remember that their own behaviour in the 80s made the mud stick and perhaps prevented quick action and or justice.

Police attempted to "to develop and publicise a version of events that focused on drunkenness, ticketlessness and violence"

"Evidence shows attempts by police to change records of events"

"The report finds that police efforts "publicise records of events of violence and ticketless-ness.""

"Police reports were significantly altered, but events find that 164 statements were significantly altered, and 116 explicitly removed criticism of the police."

Guest Roger Kint

Cameron's speech was very damning for the police, coroners and others involved. The quotes above in particular are disgusting, sad thats its took 23 years to reach but hopefully the families get huge compensation for the slurs and treatment now.

Shame on South Yorkshire police for what they did (the huge cover up) and also The Sun newspaper - I bet they won't make a proper apology! For those senior police involved in this, if they are still alive - they should do serious jail time.

Justice for the 96.

Of course there's nothing wrong with that. It's been over 23 years since Hillsborough and the families of the 96 still don't know why their loved ones died, almost entirely because the authorities conducted themselves in the most sickening, underhand manner. If nothing else this entire process will have been worth it if it stops people (many of which should really know better) trotting out the same old slanderous s**** about the conduct of Liverpool supporters, all of which was proven to be utter tosh by the Taylor Report. I seriously doubt it though.

JFT96.

spot on.

Guest firetotheworks

I have no problem with their remembering of Hillsbrough at all, it's the forgetting of Heysel that irks me.

f*** off you stupid c***.

Nice knowing you. Enjoy your ban.

Fuck, some of the stuff coming out is outrageous. I've never really had a strong opinion on who was 'to blame' for the tragedy because it always seemed clear to me that no party could be considered truly free of guilt, but this cover up is shameful.  And how can governments say they weren't involved when it's taken so long for this to come out?

Guest icemanblue

I have no problem with their remembering of Hillsbrough at all, it's the forgetting of Heysel that irks me.

f*** off you stupid c***.

Nice knowing you. Enjoy your ban.

Ah, man. :lol: