Hillsborough

Guest toonlass

Absolutely pathetic.

Suspended for being disrespectful? Have a f***ing word Liverpool man.

Sadly, he'll probably never play for them again now. And if he does, he'll get so much stick from the fans.

So you'd be ok if one of our players was arsing about at a memorial service?

Is it too much to ask to sit there and behave like an adult for a hour or two?

Why is sad that he'll never play for them again? Do you know him?

f***ing hell. He hardly took his shirt off and started dancing the bolero with the bloke next to him.

I'd have understood if he was being disrespectful to the memories of those who'd passed, but he wasn't, he's cleary just a Frenchman who doesn't really understand the whole importance of this event, no reason to suspend him for it.

And no I don't, but he clearly came to Liverpool because he wants to play for them. It'd be a bit of shame if that never happened again because he just couldn't sit on his hands for a couple of hours.

Oh ffs, get a grip. There was plenty of other foriegn lads there who didn't feel the need to piss about at a sombre event. He treated the whole thing like some sort of day out.

Because he nudged the guy next to him during a song and smirked? Have a fucking word. You're basing this guy's entire treatment to this day on a few seconds of stupidity. Hardly worth a two week suspension.

Guest Mcdonald36

Media fanfare?

It was in the public eye and reported on before the club even punished him.

Who cares if he's suspended. Since when were some of you so worried about the career of a 3rd rate keeper?

... therefore, the reason he has been suspended is... :rolleyes:... can you work it out?

Yeah, it's a big fanfare conspiracy. Kinel.

I doubt the punishment would have been different for anyone else - poor confused foriegner or not.

Guest Stephen927

Whats he doing anyway, knocking into the person next to him? If thats the little clip he's been suspended for its a little harsh but at the same time he shouldn't have been f***ing around.

Guest Heneage

The other footy forum I visit the scousers are going nuts over this. One's said he has to be banned for life, even the mancs are agreeing.

Noticed they've only suspended him and not fined him or owt, basically because the club know he's done f*ck all wrong really.

It shouldn't have even come to that. He should have just been pulled into Rafa's office (like someone before said) and giving a slap wrist and a bollocking. Then Rafa could tell the media, it's been dealt with and won't happen again. Everyone's happy, and they can get on with it.

I don't see how anyone can feel sorry for him?

Twat of a thing to do, arsing about like a naughty 12 year old at a school assembly during a memorial service. Just pathetic really.

t*** of a thing to do, arsing about like a naughty 12 year old at a school assembly during a memorial service. Just pathetic really.

Yes, but if it was Stevie messing about, what would happen?

Think they're just using this an excuse to further push the lad out of the club.

Guest Stephen927

t*** of a thing to do, arsing about like a naughty 12 year old at a school assembly during a memorial service. Just pathetic really.

He'd come out in the press saying how sorry he is, how he lost someone at Hillsborough so knows the significance etc etc etc and the Liverpool fans would accept he made a mistake cos he's Stevie G innit, strikes it from 40 yards and that.

Guest kingdawson

Video that shows Itandje messing about during the service.

He's obviously taking the piss out of that boring ass song. Anyway, what's more disrespectful ? that or........

He's obviously taking the piss out of that boring ass song. Anyway, what's more disrespectful ? that or........

He's local and stuff, it's ok.

Think they're just using this an excuse to further push the lad out of the club.

Well, the point is, no mature person would mess about like this, so the point about Stevie is moot. The guy's just dumb and probably ignorant of the significance of Hillsborough since he's not a local, so maybe the punishment is harsh, but it's still his fault for acting like, as 1878 says, a 12 year old at a school assembly.

Well, the point is, no mature person would mess about like this, so the point about Stevie is moot. The guy's just dumb and probably ignorant of the significance of Hillsborough since he's not a local, so maybe the punishment is harsh, but it's still his fault for acting like, as 1878 says, a 12 year old at a school assembly.

Of course it's disrespectful behaviour, but I think the fact he really isn't important in terms of their future plans has come into play when the powers-that-be came to deciding how to deal with the matter. Which it shouldn't.

The answer is obvious.  The worst one is the one with the player in who they want rid of.

If that vid really shows the extent of his behaviour, I hope the PFA give him their full support. Farcical that someone could be moved to 'fury' by it. I had to watch it a second time just to make sure he/that incident was what was actually being talked about. In all seriousness, I'd have the Carragher thing down as being worse - gobbing during a minute's silence instead of just not being able to sit still while that dreadful noise was being made (which I rushed to turn off myself when I first saw it).

• 11 months later...

Also found it disgusting that a fair few Liverpool fans jeered Trevor Hicks, the man who lost his two daughters in this, when he said there should never be a return to standing sections in English stadia.

Fair play to the Liverpool fans who jeered. You can't just spout utter lies like that, he abused his position. Nobody has died from standing infront of a plastic seat.

:thup: Thank you, Pav.

Guest LukeT

Also found it disgusting that a fair few Liverpool fans jeered Trevor Hicks, the man who lost his two daughters in this, when he said there should never be a return to standing sections in English stadia.

Fair play to the Liverpool fans who jeered. You can't just spout utter lies like that, he abused his position. Nobody has died from standing infront of a plastic seat.

:thup: Thank you, Pav.

Necro post of the year?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...