Hillsborough

Guest toonlass

Heartbreaking and can never begin to imagine the sorrow that everyone touched by this has had to go through,was at work and listened to century radio special and to here the accounts of family and people involved on the day was very sobering and a couple of times i nearly welled up and to here the lad say that nothing has changed at the tunnel area at leppings lane left me in total shock R.I.P the 96

Guest toonlass

Heartbreaking and can never begin to imagine the sorrow that everyone touched by this has had to go through,was at work and listened to century radio special and to here the accounts of family and people involved on the day was very sobering and a couple of times i nearly welled up and to here the lad say that nothing has changed at the tunnel area at leppings lane left me in total shock R.I.P the 96

If you look at any documentary of the disaster and see Hillsborough now, the Leppings Lane still has that same set out, the same tunnel that those people went into. It makes you shudder to think about it.

My thoughts have been with the families of those involved today.

Its all heartbreaking stuff but will we have to go through this all again in 5 years?

Why not? My family still suffer with the loss of my uncle at Ibrox and that was 38 years ago. The scars still run deep.

If you look at any documentary of the disaster and see Hillsborough now, the Leppings Lane still has that same set out, the same tunnel that those people went into. It makes you shudder to think about it.

Its all heartbreaking stuff but will we have to go through this all again in 5 years?

Why not? My family still suffer with the loss of my uncle at Ibrox and that was 38 years ago. The scars still run deep.

I'm sorry to hear that

I saw bits of the ceremony and that it was a great tribute. Well done LFC and their fans.

I read about 3 of those letters on the Liverpool website but if I'd read anymore I probably would've cried.....very touching letters.

Not sure I even made it through three without welling up. Watching the footage this week has been quite surreal for me because Dave and I went right past Hillsborough twenty minutes before Sheff Wed's kick off on Saturday on the way to Stoke (first time I've seen it) and from the outside, it's never changed one bit.

Were you lost?!

Hillsborough has barely changed, its very dated. Needs a right good lick of paint.

Sorry to hear that but you don't see minute silences being held left, right and centre for the Ibrox disaster and it being the lead story on all news channels.

I remember in the early 80's being in the Leppings lane end and had no bother before the game or during but after the game ended all the toon fans vacated the stand ll at once on a boiling hot day and given no warning by the police to stay in our seats or on terracing so we all filed out into a walled area behind the stand with the exit gates to the streets still locked so the sheffield fans could disperse which was normal policy back then and probably now,with there being no gates open everyone behind just kept coming out without knowing the situation we wereall being pushed around and at times being young i couldnt control my direction but being on a wave off my feet and that wasnt just me.A police woman was helped on to a outbuilding to get out of bother and smaller kids the same ,looking back it shows how easy this sort of thing can happen.

Watching the documentary on the history channel last night got me thinking about what would be different if the crush would have happened but nobody died? Would the changes to stadiums have happened? Or the fences come down?

It's heartbreaking that people died, but as with most disasters, it's lead to a safer environment for football fans these days.

RIP

Watching the documentary on the history channel last night got me thinking about what would be different if the crush would have happened but nobody died? Would the changes to stadiums have happened? Or the fences come down?

It's heartbreaking that people died, but as with most disasters, it's lead to a safer environment for football fans these days.

RIP

to be honest shearergol, if it hadnt happened at hillsbrough, it would have happened somewhere else, the fences at the fronts of the stands in the 80s were a disaster waiting to happen.

RIP

to be honest shearergol, if it hadnt happened at hillsbrough, it would have happened somewhere else, the fences at the fronts of the stands in the 80s were a disaster waiting to happen.

That's exactly what I mean. It could have been a lot lot worse.

RIP

That's exactly what I mean. It could have been a lot lot worse.

Sure a couple of years ago there was a similar scare with Manchester United fans away to a French side in the Champions League. Can't remember the details but remember a couple of women being carried away with injuries.

Guest north shields lad

I watched that service the other day and cried, must say, i looked on a liverpool site today and that Trevor hicks who made the statement is not the most popular bloke amongst Liverpool fans.

RIP AND JUSTICE TO THE 96

Apparently a group of fans going to Wembley on Sunday are taking a huge blue banner re: Hillsborough. Will look out for it. Have a feeling a smaller one was at the Villa game.

Guest north shields lad

Apparently a group of fans going to Wembley on Sunday are taking a huge blue banner re: Hillsborough. Will look out for it. Have a feeling a smaller one was at the Villa game.

Its on there website, if its the same one, it says somthing like "One city, two clubs, one spirit - justice, at the bottom it has a picture of both scouse badges.

Its on there website, if its the same one, it says somthing like "One city, two clubs, one spirit - justice, at the bottom it has a picture of both scouse badges.

That's absolutely brilliant. Nice one Everton fans!  O0