Newcastle United vs. Portsmouth-Monday 27th April 8pm *Setanta 1* Pre-match

joeyt

I have never been as nervous as I am atm. I honestly don't know what to calm my nerves.

I am trying to study for my exams...no chance..

Me too, just trying to do anything to pass time.

I have never been as nervous as I am atm. I honestly don't know what to calm my nerves.

I am trying to study for my exams...no chance..

Me too, just trying to do anything to pass time.

jeez......all these young blokes desperate to pass time and calm nerves.

kleenex share price must be going through the roof.

I'm really shitting myself for this game, even though I think we'll get a much needed result. I've got a feeling Viduka will score if he comes on which he should since I doubt he's starting. When he and Martins came on against Spurs last week we looked much livelier and actually created some chances.

I've been down under since September and haven't been able to see many games due to the time difference and my work, but the first half against Spurs was a really depressing experience to watch. We were simply shit and the fact I watched with a Spurs supporter and a few other lads who kept telling me we would go down, made it even worse. But the way we played first 60 min, I agree to some extent with them. Shockingly lacklustre midfield, no build up play whatsoever and so on, it's not a type of game suited for Premier League and certainly not Newcastle United.

Worst part of tonight's game is that I can't see it due to the fact I have to be on a bus 15 minutes after kick off and the phones network coverage is everything from good so I probably won't know the outcome of the game until a couple of hours after midnight!

I'm going for a 3-1 win, Martins with a brace and the final from Viduka

Guest Brazilianbob

I reckon we are down already so I am quite calm about this game.

All this talk of winning three matches to survive is just fantasy.  We have only won 6 matches all season so how on earth we are going to win three practically on the trot, is beyond ridiculous.

I can actually see us going down in bottom place with West Brom having climbed above us and with Hull City above them. 

Got to love Shearer praising Beye and Bassong as his top performers so far. :nods:

That's hardly saying a lot though is it? The midfield's shite, the forwards haven't had any service, Enrique's been injured and R Taylor is a non footballer. Oh, and Harper has been average.  :sadnod:

All this talk of winning three matches to survive is just fantasy.  We have only won 6 matches all season so how on earth we are going to win three practically on the trot, is beyond ridiculous.

I can actually see us going down in bottom place with West Brom having climbed above us and with Hull City above them. 

Why don't you just fuck off!

Guest Stephen927

I love games like this, all or nothing type matches, it's why I'm a Newcastle United fan and not a glory hunter of the likes of Barcelona or Man United.

Gotta take the highs with the lows, should make for a tense game if a little low on quality.

Head says 1-1 draw, heart says 2-1 Newcastle.

Deep down a lot of us know it's a tad unlikely, but I'm willing to cling onto any iota of hope right now. The three home games ARE do-able.

Guest Darth Toon

8 hours to go and I'm absolutely bricking it now.

Trying to focus on work as a distraction, but it just isn't happening!  :harry:

Guest Brazilianbob

Why don't you just f*** off!

Oh my god another one who believes that denying the inevitable will mean it won't happen.

Listen mate i have been through three relegations in my time supporting NUFC so don't tell me to f*** off!  I know what I am talking about when it comes to relegation!

Deep down a lot of us know it's a tad unlikely, but I'm willing to cling onto any iota of hope right now. The three home games ARE do-able.

We only have to go back 12 months to find two teams who escaped from more perilous positions at the same time in the season, i.e. Fulham and Bolton.

Oh my god another one who believes that denying the inevitable will mean it won't happen.

Listen mate i have been through three relegations in my time supporting NUFC so don't tell me to f*** off!  I know what I am talking about when it comes to relegation!

Would be nice if you did at least come accross as though you wanted to be proven wrong though...

I know where you are coming from Bob, but saying things like that will stir up a response (your intention?). We gotta still have hope and believe. Even if it seems nearly impossible.

Guest ovesbar

How can you think boro will make it, but say us doing it is fantasy?

We only have to go back 12 months to find two teams who escaped from more perilous positions at the same time in the season, i.e. Fulham and Bolton.

:thup:

We're playing like shit but we still have the quality to stay up hidden in there. What we need is for Shearer to bring it out like Keegan did.

Howay man i know it's been a terrible season, but you can't say we have no hope of beating Portsmouth, Smoggies and Fulham at home.

I know we've only won six games and all that but come on.

Keep the hope alive man.  :thup:

I'm so fucking nervous for this game. I'm at work and haven't been able to do anything meaningful so far, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. And with the World Championship of Ice Hockey under way it means that I'll have to watch the game at home and not at the pub with the comfort of endless supply of ales.

What would we do without "support" like yours eh?!

Guest Brazilianbob

I know where you are coming from Bob, but saying things like that will stir up a response (your intention?). We gotta still have hope and believe. Even if it seems nearly impossible.

Just trying to bring a bit of realism to the situation so that it doesn't hit the first timers to relegation too hard.  I am doing charitable work here!

Possible starting XIs

Newcastle: Harper, R.Taylor, Enrique, Beye, Bassong, Butt, Nolan, Gutierrez, Owen, Martins, Viduka.

Portsmouth: James, Johnson, Campbell, Distin, Hreidarsson, Davis, Hughes, Nugent, Belhadj, Mullins, Crouch.

This isn't a must win game, this is a game we can't lose :cheesy: