Steve Harper = sub goalie?

geordiedean

Who gives a shit anyway? Harper should have done better with it, the goal was coming, Sheff Weds were well worth the draw and it was no worse than the Ameobi goal that was miles offside. It's hardly like we were robbed.

Who gives a shit anyway? Harper should have done better with it, the goal was coming, Sheff Weds were well worth the draw and it was no worse than the Ameobi goal that was miles offside. It's hardly like we were robbed.

I agree with this, we didnt deserve to win and it was some sort of justice for our goal, but most people are argueing that it was foul, not that we were robbed.

BTW, the contact sport argument is bullshit, you can't take someone out who's clean through on goal and claim that it's acceptable because its a contact sport, the same applies here.

Some are saying it definitely wasn't a foul, some think it was. I don't think anyone has said we were robbed.

Who gives a s*** anyway? Harper should have done better with it, the goal was coming, Sheff Weds were well worth the draw and it was no worse than the Ameobi goal that was miles offside. It's hardly like we were robbed.

I agree with this, we didnt deserve to win and it was some sort of justice for our goal, but most people are argueing that it was foul, not that we were robbed.

BTW, the contact sport argument is bullshit, you can't take someone out who's clean through on goal and claim that it's acceptable because its a contact sport, the same applies here.

Take him out? :lol:

Yep, I don't understand why some seem so determined to have a go at the players.

His fuck up was bad enough to have a dig at him, you don't need to go to the extent of making out blatant fouls didn't happen :lol:

Who gives a s*** anyway? Harper should have done better with it, the goal was coming, Sheff Weds were well worth the draw and it was no worse than the Ameobi goal that was miles offside. It's hardly like we were robbed.

Take him out? :lol:

Are you honestly saying he didn't leave Harper with one arm available to try and save it? Lets ignore the fact he probably would have fucked it up anyway, did he impede Harper?

It was terrible goalkeeping, as Midds said earlier he should have been brave and cleared the ball and every fucker out but you can't do that to a keeper, you can't hook one of his arms out of the way when he is trying to catch the ball ffs! :lol:

So going by that logic you aren't allowed any contact with the keeper whatsoever?

You aren't allowed to take one of his arms out when he is trying to catch the ball :lol:

But yeah the majority of the time if a keeper is impeded the ref will give a foul against the attackers, I don't agree with this but if it happens with everyone else we should be entitled to the same protection. It was a bit more than contact though, as said he took one of his arms out. If you "made contact" with a strikers foot and he couldn't kick the ball it would be a foul.

Guest firetotheworks

If a player's allowed to hook one of his arms away then surely forcing his hands behind his back, tickling him and pulling his shorts down is allowed.

No one's saying Harper didn't make a mistake btw, just that despite that it was still a foul. And yes, Sheff Wed were worth a draw, and yes Shola's goal was offside, but we're talking about this incident in particular because it's contentious. Shola's offside and the result weren't.

Guest neesy111

the players momentum took him into harper, and their arms got locked

too many ppl on here thinking that football has gone none contact imo