Steve Harper = sub goalie?

geordiedean

Guest Howaythetoon

Steve Harper is far too good for this division and easily a Premier League mid-table or above class player, easily. While he has flaws to his game (who doesn't?), he has been fantastic this season and is proving very hard to beat along with the back-four in general and that's all I personally care about.

He is the same below average keeper he always has been, only yesterday he was actually posed problems by the opposition. He's better than most in this division, but this club needs to come up with a strategy to have either Krul (if given a chance to show he is good enough) or a new signing (Joe Hart?) between the sticks come our first PL game next season.

He has a number of times this season and came out on top.

Yesterday he was bad, he made a big mistake, was fouled and made to pay for it.

Lets not write off the entire season for one game though huh? His distribution is poor and I can't see that ever changing but he is still a very decent goalkeeper. He has his faults but so do all players and they aren't big enough that he becomes not good enough.

He will be the least of our worries next season, if we have money left over to replace him with someone better good stuff but we will have done well to have any money left after addressing all the more important problems we will have next season.

I don't see why it should be changed by anyone but the thread starter. Opinions are the whole point of this forum existing. It's more embarrassing that some of us can't accept that differing opinions exist.

Otter was happy for the Enrique one to be changed when he was won over, it wasn't simply amended by mods who thought they knew better.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Harper has been 7-8/10 pretty much all season. I think he is probably the best goalkeeper in the division and average in terms of premiership quality.

No question about it i trust him 100% and he is more than god enough for us

Harper has been 7-8/10 pretty much all season. I think he is probably the best goalkeeper in the division and average in terms of premiership quality.

No question about it i trust him 100% and he is more than god enough for us

I wouldn't go that far.  :lol:

Haven't looked properly through the thread but how the fuck was that a foul yesterday?? There was absolutely bugger all wrong with it.

Harper is the best keeper in the league but that goal should have definitely stood, he bottled it.

If a defender was on the floor and grabbed someones leg to stop them shooting it would be a foul so how is grabbing a keepers arm to stop him catching it not a foul?  :harry:

Haven't looked properly through the thread but how the fuck was that a foul yesterday?? There was absolutely bugger all wrong with it.

Harper is the best keeper in the league but that goal should have definitely stood, he bottled it.

Agreed. Nothing in it IMO.

Ameobi was miles offside on his goal anyway so we got the rub of the green on that one.

Agreed. Nothing in it IMO.

:sadnod:

Harper just bottled it big style. Should have claimed the ball and wiped the Sheff Wed player out at the same time.

Guest firetotheworks

Watch Harper's right arm get taken out by their player's. Definitely a foul, hard to spot, but a foul. That takes nothing away from Harper though, I still thought he could have done better on both goals.

Watch Harper's right arm get taken out by their player's. Definitely a foul, hard to spot, but a foul. That takes nothing away from Harper though, I still thought he could have done better on both goals.

I can't see how it's not a foul, a goalkeepers arm is as important as a strikers leg, if you jump into him, hook onto his leg/arm and stop him using it to get the ball its a foul, surely?

Haven't looked properly through the thread but how the f*** was that a foul yesterday?? There was absolutely bugger all wrong with it.

Yep.

Can someone explain to be how it wasn't a foul apart from "Keepers get too much protection" because, well thats a pointless thing to say, they always have so we should expect the same protection other keepers get.

Varney jumped into Harper and pulled his arm back, how is this not a foul? I know he was flapping and making a mess of it anyway but he was still impeded which you can't do.

I've just had a look at this thread now, christ :lol: some of the shite being spouted on here is just ridiculous. I have no idea how anyone can say that Harper wasn't fouled for the goal, he had his hands on the ball and his arms were separated by the striker who got nowhere near the ball at any time before or after the foul.

Guest firetotheworks

Nowhere near the ball? He headed off the bar man.*

*Whilst hooking away the arm that Harper was trying to save it with.