Steve Harper = sub goalie?

geordiedean

Guest neesy111

If a players momentum results in him taking out another leg its a foul

This is an incredibly basic argument, dunno how so many are missing it. Its an obvious foul. It couldnt be more obvious.

not if they get the ball

:no:

There are fouls called every week for a lot less contact that that (ie not pulling the keepers arm away when he is trying to catch the ball).

Sorry I said I was staying out of this thread, there is obviously a big WUM going on or people have never actually noticed the difference in protection EVERY keeper gets. HE PULLED HIS ARM AWAY!!!!  :angry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Heneage

Oh come on everyone, the amount of points he's got us this year from saves. I'm not 'happy' for him to make a mistake, but I'm willing to allow it without castigating him like he picked the ball up and threw it into the goal, then started laughing and waving his betting slip at the fans.

Can't find any highlights on tinternet, want to view this incident in a more sobre state. As i recall however, the player got the god damn ball without impeding wor Stevie :sadnod:

Watch the Football League Show on the BBC iPlayer. We're first up.

And yes it was a foul and yes Harper should never have put himself in a position where it made a difference.

Can't find any highlights on tinternet, want to view this incident in a more sobre state. As i recall however, the player got the god damn ball without impeding wor Stevie   :sadnod:

Watch the Football League Show on the BBC iPlayer. We're first up.

And yes it was a foul and yes Harper should never have put himself in a position where it made a difference.

Hmm, after watching it again it would have been a generous decision if that was given as a foul tbh

I don't see why it should be changed by anyone but the thread starter. Opinions are the whole point of this forum existing. It's more embarrassing that some of us can't accept that differing opinions exist.

Otter was happy for the Enrique one to be changed when he was won over, it wasn't simply amended by mods who thought they knew better.

True. A forum is indeed a medium of free speech and diverse opinion.

That said the title of this thread is extremely disrespectful to a top class goalkeeper and extremely loyal Newcastle player.

It's something you'd expect to see posted on the pisspoor macum RTG forum.

Right, for those having a go at Harper's position: Harper has to jump almost from standing due to where the cross is looping in from and proximity to the goal line, Varney has had a run from the 18 yard line to build speed to make his jump.

For those saying it wasn't a foul; please explain from the stills why Harper fails to keep hold of the ball. Your answer will involve Varney dragging Harper's arm away from the ball.

Ban anyone still saying it wasn't a foul, call the authorities and get them Sectioned.

Right, for those having a go at Harper's position: Harper has to jump almost from standing due to where the cross is looping in from and proximity to the goal line, Varney has had a run from the 18 yard line to build speed to make his jump.

For those saying it wasn't a foul; please explain from the stills why Harper fails to keep hold of the ball. Your answer will involve Varney dragging Harper's arm away from the ball.

Ban anyone still saying it wasn't a foul, call the authorities and get them Sectioned.

Wasnt a foul, btw.

The way I see it is this;

If the soft shite hadn't been such a soft shite, he would have taken Varney out with his knee, shoulder and body, and punched the ball 30 yards to safety. Instead, he went in half hearted, without any conviction (don't think he knows what conviction is) and we have conceded. The blah blah blah arguments about 'is it a foul or not' are irrelevant as the ref has (quite rightly) given the goal. I know Sheff Wed were good value for the draw, and Shola's goal was offside, but the fact is, if this tosser had done his job properly, we would have had 3 points instead of 1. To me, therefore, he has cost us 2 points. Simples.

Get Fraser back.

Steve Harper = pub goalie.

If the soft shite hadn't been such a soft shite, he would have taken Varney out with his knee, shoulder and body, and punched the ball 30 yards to safety. Instead, he went in half hearted, without any conviction (don't think he knows what conviction is) and we have conceded. The blah blah blah arguments about 'is it a foul or not' are irrelevant as the ref has (quite rightly) given the goal. I know Sheff Wed were good value for the draw, and Shola's goal was offside, but the fact is, if this tosser had done his job properly, we would have had 3 points instead of 1. To me, therefore, he has cost us 2 points. Simples.

Get Fraser back.

:lol:

Get Fraser back.

On the other hand if he hadn't "stayed big" for the save near the end we would have had no points and if he hadn't have made some very good and important saves throughout the season we would have no doubt dropped more points.

Guest firetotheworks

I love how anal this is getting. that's what she said!

I wouldn't say Harper's soft at all like, remember West Brom?

Guest firetotheworks

I love how anal this is getting. that's what she said!

I wouldn't say Harper's soft at all like, remember West Brom?

Bad example, although I know you're getting at the incident with Shola.

How so?

Guest firetotheworks

He was at fault for the goal yesterday. Amazed people can try and argue with that.

You'd have to be considering no one is disputing that.

He was at fault for the goal yesterday.  Amazed people can try and argue with that.

To be fair I don't think many have, they have just also said they think it was a foul. He still fannied about and created the whole situation in the first place.