Steve Harper = sub goalie?

geordiedean

If I was Harper I would have been off somewhere else years ago, and probably picked up a few England caps in the process. But I can't criticise him for staying with the club he loves, that's a valid choice as well.

He's earned good money and lived where he wants - probably had a much more stable and happy life than most footballers.

Guest BooBoo

Thats three games in a row he's been at least partly responsible for conceded goals.

When was the last time you could say he had a good game?

If we persist with him next year, Pardew will want his arse kicking.

He's still had less bad games than Krul has had this season.

Just another one of those players who will get no credit for playing well and more shit for playing badly because everyone thinks it's "obvious" that he should be replaced.

Guest BooBoo

Just another one of those players who will get no credit for playing well and more shit for playing badly because everyone thinks it's "obvious" that he should be replaced.

The issue I've got is when has he really played well this season? When did we come away from a game and think "Harper really played his part in getting those points?"

Just another one of those players who will get no credit for playing well and more s*** for playing badly because everyone thinks it's "obvious" that he should be replaced.

The issue I've got is when has he really played well this season? When did we come away from a game and think "Harper really played his part in getting those points?"

I dunno, but thats probably what the Stoke fans are thinking today.

Just another one of those players who will get no credit for playing well and more s*** for playing badly because everyone thinks it's "obvious" that he should be replaced.

It's happened. I can't be bothered to remember when.

Guest BooBoo

Fuck me, well that's your arguement won then. :lol:

f*** me, well that's your arguement won then. :lol:

Thanks.

Very happy to see him go in the summer and not hold back our two young keepers in need of prem games.

Saying that, they'll be playing championship football at this rate, a level Harper is comfortable with, tough one.

He practically ruined the second half before we got started.  Excluding the goal, Stoke had nothing in the first half. I honestly believed that we could turn this around. And then Harper decides to seal the match.  An unforgivable mistake for such an experienced keeper. He also should have taken the shot from Sturredge. With a better keeper, we would have had 2 points more, minimum.  Loan out Krul next season, Forster as keeper no 1, and Harper as reserve..

Guest BooBoo

We went down with him in goal, so it must be playing on his mind. If the likes of him can't show all their experience at this time, then who the fuck will?

Stuuridge's goal the other week had all the hallmarks of a keeper way best his use by date. So slow to react and then an enternity to get down to a ball that was central and not particularly well hit.

Replacing him has to be a priority this summer, either with Forster or a new signing.

Atrocious for the second goal but there was still a long passage of play between that and the goal, I'm more pissed off with Campbell's ridiculous header.

Don't blame Harper for any of the others, unless I'm missing something?

Also kept us in the game against Everton, don't forget.

Guest BooBoo

Atrocious for the second goal but there was still a long passage of play between that and the goal, I'm more pissed off with Campbell's ridiculous header.

He did well with some top saves especially in the second half although I thought he could have done better with Osman's goal.

I'm not convicned by Krul but I'll be furious if we decide to give Harper yet another year as number one and as a result end up losing either Krul or (more likely) Forster.

Atrocious for the second goal but there was still a long passage of play between that and the goal, I'm more p*ssed off with Campbell's ridiculous header.

Still Harper's mistake. Maybe Campell should have done better. But you should not give away the ball like Harper did. The defense line was logically disorganized which gave Stoke enough room to take advantage of the cross.