Steve Harper = sub goalie?

geordiedean

I'd be disappointed too, but I think Krul will see this season as 'progress' because he's had about 15-20 starts (depending when Harper comes back and also if he plays in FAC matches) and therefore won't kick up too much of a stink. He'll know also that Harper probably has this season and arguably next season as a top-level goalkeeper, and also with Forster coming back next season, Krul may well be out on loan for that final season of Harper's.

Krul's new deal recently tells me that he knows Harper hasn't got long left.

I'm not sure or at least I hope not.  Hughton seems to know the score and he has dropped players once we have the personnel to replace them.  It happened to Butt and then Smith and it'll happen to Harper, Simpson and a few others over the next season or two.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Reckon he will struggle to get back in should jol arrive.

Should be ok under Pardew though....

Aye, we'll have Smith and Shola playing week in week out under Pardew

• 2 weeks later...

harper has always and always will be a second choice keeper in premier. although jury is very much out on krul

I will really really really hate Pardew if he puts Harper back in against Man City  :rant:

Will laugh my cock off at both Harper and Given being on the benches, with young'uns playing in goal  :mackems:

harper has always and always will be a second choice keeper in premier. although jury is very much out on krul

I will really really really hate Pardew if he puts Harper back in against Man City  :rant:

Will laugh my cock off at both Harper and Given being on the benches, with young'uns playing in goal  :mackems:

And you'll continue to tell lies about the situation, we're all tired of it.