NUFC Goal of the Season?

Guest BooBoo

Duff Vs Spurs. A good bit of play in the build up and I absolutely creamed myself when it went in!

:lol: I went fucking nuts when he scored. Loved it.

Have to admit that I screamed my head off when Shola got that goal v City as well. Like oldtype said though, no one in the universe was more surprised than #23 himself.

Owen's at West Ham was nice as well. Nice through ball from our Brazilian playmaker Cacapa, and he curled it in from the edge of the box.

Cacapa assist  :lol: I also remember Ramage getting the "assist" for Zogbia's goal against Boro.

Owen's at West Ham was nice as well. Nice through ball from our Brazilian playmaker Cacapa, and he curled it in from the edge of the box.

Lovely goal that, was right behind it behind the goal, like the Owen of old.

Compare this season's standard of goal compared with the 03/04 season for example. Robert's two versus Spurs, Bernard's at Highbury, Robert's free-kick at Anfield, his overhead backhell versus Fulham, Dyer's solo effort at Southampton, Speed's blaster at Birmingham, Shearer versus Chelsea, etc.

Compare this season's standard of goal compared with the 03/04 season for example. Robert's two versus Spurs, Bernard's at Highbury, Robert's free-kick at Anfield, his overhead backhell versus Fulham, Dyer's solo effort at Southampton, Speed's blaster at Birmingham, Shearer versus Chelsea, etc.

I miss having midfielders who could actually  score some goals from time to time, just look at our midfielders today

Butt 111 (5) (22:1)

Barton 31 (2) (pen against Fulham, can't remember  the other goal, a pen aswell?) (15:1)

Guthrie 20 (2) (10:1)

Geremi 42 (2) (21:1)

Duff 63 (4) (16:1)

Gutierrez 26 (0)

Then compared to

Solano 172 (29) (6:1)

Speed 213 (29)  (7:1)

Robert 129 (21) (6:1)

Dyer 190 (23)    (8:1)

Really, the pressure on our strikers is immense. If they don't score then no one will.

edit: Parker 55 (4) , Emre 51 (4). Wow, Emre only scored four league goals... thought it was way more.

Yet I'll always remember that season as one of the most frustrating ever! :lol:

Yet I'll always remember that season as one of the most frustrating ever! :lol:

Yep, we were shocking away from home. Don't care what anyone says, for the players we had we underachieved that season.

Guthrie's at Pompey.

Can't give it to that, James really should have saved it.

Probably Duff's against Spurs for me, lovely assist from Viduka and a cool finish from Duff. That it was a winner right at the death seals the deal.

Would love to say Oba against Wigan, but the way we fucked that game away leaves a bad taste. Was actually in the Gallowgate for Oba's though, just remember him striking it and then the ball was in the net. There was no in-between, rocket of a shot.

Guthrie's at Pompey.

Probably Duff's against Spurs for me, lovely assist from Viduka and a cool finish from Duff. That it was a winner right at the death seals the deal.

Would love to say Oba against Wigan, but the way we fucked that game away leaves a bad taste. Was actually in the Gallowgate for Oba's though, just remember him striking it and then the ball was in the net. There was no in-between, rocket of a shot.

I actually can't remember it. :lol:

Guthrie's at Pompey.

I actually can't remember it. :lol:

You did smoke a tremendous amount that weekend like. :lol:

Sure the goal of the season is still to come, the most important ones certainly are.

This.

The winner against pompey, no matter how fucked up its is, own goal included will stand out as the goal of the season.

The physiology effect of that goal will change our season, and make us ready for new season in PL  :smug: