Newcastle vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread - 11/05/09 (live on Setanta 8pm)

Dave

Lets fucking have these kid fiddling dog rapists!  Filthy fucking gas mask wearing chicken parmo munching slags of the industrial waste lands..........

--------------------------Harper------------------------

Beye-------STaylor-----------------Bassong---Duff

----------------Guthrie----------Butt----------------

------Martins----------Owen---------Jonas---------

-----------------------Carroll-------------------------

Harper

Beye Coloccini Bassong Duff

Guthrie Smith

Lovenkrands Owen Jonas

Viduka

typing out that teamsheet and knowing that it's probably the best we can scrounge together is enough to make me suicidal.

Smith is still w***. Rather have Butt in there.

That's the first time since we bought him that I've ever voluntarily put Alan Smith's name on a preferred team sheet. He's still a bag of utterly useless shit but on the last three matches I'd have him over Butt.

Smith is still w***. Rather have Butt in there.

That's the first time since we bought him that I've ever voluntarily put Alan Smith's name on a preferred team sheet. <b>He's still a bag of utterly useless shit</b> but on the last three matches I'd have him over Butt.

:lol: Calling the guy worse than fertilizer.

Smith marks space rather players, when the opposition have the ball he goes and stands directly in front of one of the centre backs; that is his definition of a defensive midfielder. Thick as fuck.

Harper

Beye  Taylor  Edgar  Bassong

Butt

Jonas   Guthrie  Duff

Ranger   Viduka

Subs:  Krul, Coloccini, Lovenkrands, Tozer, Owen, Martins, Carroll

Give Ranger a shot.  I'd ideally like to play Bassong in CB, but I think Edgar did a great job there last time, and Bassong is an adept left back, so I'd play th at back four.  Duff and Viduka tend to link up well together, so I'd get them playing at least close to one another.  Guthrie for creativity, Butt to mop up, and Jonas to run on the right.  If Owen and Martins can't finish, maybe Ranger can.

What probably will be played:

Harper

Beye  Taylor Bassong Duff

Guthrie  Butt  Smith

Martins  Lovenkrands

Viduka

I fucking hate Monday games. Granted it's useful for folk who can't go to get an internet stream but the extra two days wait seems fucking forever when we're in this position.

Fucking Monday games mannnz, long.

Absolutely ages away. :-[

Hopefully the extra day or two will help to get a few injured players back (without picking up any new injuries in training). It may also help with the planning for a do or die game and hammering that point home to our players.

f***ing Monday games mannnz, long.

Absolutely ages away. :-[

Hopefully the extra day or two will help to get a few injured players back (without picking up any new injuries in training). It may also help with the planning for a do or die game and hammering that point home to our players.

True, but for a fan in our position it can be unbearable.

Have a feeling it'll be an open game. Both sides in theory have no choice but to go for it.

Guest firetotheworks

Im glad its on Monday actually. Watching our match will be bad enough without having one eye on other matches. My heart wont be able to handle it.

Guest toonlass

They are not expecting S Taylor and Enrique back. On a brighter note, kids all over Teeside are sleeping easy in their beds a week on monday.

Hopefully Shearer has the strikers practising striking the ball at goal from every conceivable angle during training this week.

I can see us creating a few chances, but I can't see us scoring at the moment.

Boro think it's a massive derby game and will be really fired up for the game, if we score early they'll collapse, the longer we go without scoring the more I can see someone like Downing scoring from a 40-yard free kick.