Newcastle vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread - 11/05/09 (live on Setanta 8pm)

Dave

Shearer's pre match talk, to be effective;

"Right I'm going to put this in terms you set of pricks can understand and that might motivate you.  Win today we are out of the bottom three and then have the chance to stay out, lose or draw and it's more or less over.  As most of you patently only care about money here goes: we stay up and you've a chance of staying at this club and the wages you're on, don't win and I'll do absolutely everything in my power to ship you all off at the earliest opportunity to whatever shithole will take you.  The club are already looking into the legal possibilities of cutting wages if we go down so it's in your hands - you like money, f***ing do something about it."

Inspiring stuff!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm not feeling confident at all going into this one, Boro are a side that we can beat but at the moment our players don't look like their fucking botherd, if we don't win tommorw then we deserve to be relegated.

For some reason i got a feeling Alfonso Alves who i've been mocking all season will score a couple of goals against us.

Guest Darth Toon

Sunday Sun suggesting today Owen will be up top with Viduka - Martins wide right:

Beye - Taylor - Bassong - Duff

Martins - Smith - Butt - Jonas

Viduka - Owen

If Smith doesn't make it I think he'll start Nolan.

Sunday Sun suggesting today Owen will be up top with Viduka - Martins wide right:

Viduka - Owen

I wouldn't argue if that's the line up, most of our best players are in it. If Smith doesn't make it I'd go for Guthrie ahead of Nolan though.

Viduka - Owen

Don't like the look of that. Viduka up front with Owen is an attack with no pace. Shearer was bigging up Lovenkrands during the week so he may come on as a sub at least at some point.

Viduka - Owen

Don't like the look of that. Viduka up front with Owen is an attack with no pace. Shearer was bigging up Lovenkrands during the week so he may come on as a sub at least at some point.

At home we should be pressing forward so pace won't be as crucial for the forwards.

Viduka - Owen

I wouldn't argue if that's the line up, most of our best players are in it. If Smith doesn't make it I'd go for Guthrie ahead of Nolan though.

Guthrie should be in before Smith imo. We need someone who can pick a pass in midfield otherwise it's going to be hit and hope which will not be playing to the strengths of our forwards.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

It's a waste of time playing Martins on the wing. We'd be better off playing Lovenkrands and using Martins as an impact sub if we need to.

It's a waste of time playing Martins on the wing. We'd be better off playing Lovenkrands and using Martins as an impact sub if we need to.

Lovenkrands looks shit on the wing though, at least Martins is capable of smashing one in from around the box.

Lovenkrands looks shit on the wing though, at least Martins is capable of smashing one in from around the box.

O rly?

As I've said before, I haven't seen a single match all season but I still know exactly what will happen: we will score an earlylish goal on aronud 10 minutes, somehow score another before half-time. And then we'll chuck it all away in the second half and end up drawing 2-2.

O rly?

Yes.

As I've said before, I haven't seen a single match all season but I still know exactly what will happen: we will score an earlylish goal on aronud 10 minutes, somehow score another before half-time. And then we'll chuck it all away in the second half and end up drawing 2-2.

Well I had an awful dream like that lastnight.

Except boro got a corner the last minute and it deflected off colo's arse into the net!

Mind you I also have dreams about doing Jenna Jameson up the arse.

Except boro got a corner the last minute and it deflected off colo's arse into the net!

sure it wasn't someone else with the initials JJ ?

sure it wasn't someone else with the initials JJ ?

Nah his arse is like a wizards sleeve it's been ragged that much

Guest hagler

"Right I'm going to put this in terms you set of pricks can understand and that might motivate you.  Win today we are out of the bottom three and then have the chance to stay out, lose or draw and it's more or less over.  As most of you patently only care about money here goes: we stay up and you've a chance of staying at this club and the wages you're on, don't win and I'll do absolutely everything in my power to ship you all off at the earliest opportunity to whatever shithole will take you.  The club are already looking into the legal possibilities of cutting wages if we go down so it's in your hands - you like money, f***ing do something about it."

Inspiring stuff!

you must of been there as well when he was practising that speech in the mirror in the bogs in the diamond

Inspiring stuff!

you must of been there as well when he was practising that speech in the mirror in the bogs in the diamond

wouldn't do it in the diamond,he'd get rumbled....went over to the blackbird,done it in the main room where no-one would hear him.