Newcastle vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread - 11/05/09 (live on Setanta 8pm)

Dave

LuaLua makes the bench, Guthrie apparently starting wide right. Hopefully Butt or Nolan will depart before the hour, get Guthrie in the centre and LuaLua wide right for half an hour.

BBC 5 Live commentator Ian Dennis: "The one stat that stands out to me is this: Newcastle have had as many managers as they have had league wins at home this season - four."

:buck2:

fuckin hell that boro team is shite, even bernie slaven is wondering what the fuck Southgate is doing putting in Shawky and Emnes, as well as putting Bates in CD for the first time in a long time.

Harper, Beye, Taylor, Bassong, Duff, Guthrie, Jonas, Nolan, Butt, Owen, Viduka.

Martins amongst the subs

I guess with Injuries the best we could do... our squad is shit.  Hang on, surely it should have been Lovehandles on the right, jonas on the left with dumb and dumber in the middle.

Guest Albert Square

fuckin hell that boro team is shite, even bernie slaven is wondering what the fuck Southgate is doing putting in Shawky and Emnes, as well as putting Bates in CD for the first time in a long time.

Lucky for them we are shit aswell

will be pleased if lualua is on the bench. should have had games this season. but then when youve got a manager who starts shola, it probably wont happen

He is on the bench. And to be fair to Shearer, he gave Shola one start, realised he was shite and then he hasn't been on the pitch since.

Guest Albert Square

I reckon Boro are firing in a screamer from about 30 odd yards tbh, almost a goal down before kick off as I know its coming.

Should have been Lualua instead of Butt or Nolan, IMHO. So fucking sick of them two. However, while Guthrie definitely isn't a winger, he can cross the ball, at least from a dead ball situation. Will be interesting to see if he can do it in open play as well.

Guest Albert Square

This will go 2 ways, tons of goals as both are equally shit, or no goals/1 goal as both are equally shit :lol: