Newcastle vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread - 11/05/09 (live on Setanta 8pm)

Dave

Any chance Taylor will be back? Anything but playing Colo he is a fkn liability.. I'd rather use Edgar.

-------------Harper

------Beye--Taylor--Bass

Gere-----------------------Duff

--------------Butt

----Smith-----------Jonas

-------Oba--------Ranger

Probably our last hope this game. If we can win this, i think we can stay up. The positivity from a win would lift their confidence/ability a lot at this point. Its been so long, only a real win will give them the belief they need.

Guest eltsacwen

It is hard to say a this point in time how important this game is going to be. It depends on the game tomorrow and the games on Saturday. In the worst case scenario we will be 7 points from safety before we go into the Boro game. If the results keep going our way we can climb out of the relegation zone. Either way Boro at St James will be the most important game of the season. The Portsmouth game can't even compare. But first we need Villa to beat Hull, Bolton to take three points against Sunderland at Reebok and Stoke to get all the points against Hull.

It's been said on here how Hull, Stoke and Portsmouth this season 'is going to be our biggest game in years' , however this is the big one. This is IT. The big monty. Basically do or die (any more cliches anyone?)

After having a tough think about this game, I just have a horrible gut feeling that it'll be 0-0 (as people said above).

What if we draw this and beat Fulham? Would it really be over? Depends on Hull, I guess.

Alves isn't THAT bad. He can create chances out of nothing for himself and he has good movement and gets into great positions, BUT his finishing is terrible. I get the impression he is suffering a crisis of confidence, however it might be just me but I get the impression he could go on a scoring streak if he just gets that one monkey off his back.

The atmosphere will be great at the start, I just hope these limp fuck players don't manage to deflate everyone inside the ground while they stumble around half-heartedly again.

I'll be pumped by the time this game comes round but if we don't see a passionate performance from the players in this one it will turn ugly.

Owen to suddenly get his goal scoring ability turned back on, net us a hat-trick, then score two against Fulham and two against Villa to fire us to safety. Making people on here go "always liked Owen" when he buggers off in the summer.

You heard it here first.

The atmosphere will be great at the start, I just hope these limp f*** players don't manage to deflate everyone inside the ground while they stumble around half-heartedly again.

I'll be pumped by the time this game comes round but if we don't see a passionate performance from the players in this one it will turn ugly.

I'm pretty sure the atmosphere will be horrible.

They got the crowd all pumped up for Pompey and then the players let them down horribly.

Crowd will be very subdued and will start jumping on the players' backs the minute the first mistake happens.