Newcastle 3 - 1 Middlesbrough - 11/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Nobody

I see it's been confirmed Butt did break Alves' foot with that tackle.

Tbh, I thought it was shocking. No intention of playing the ball, and probably worse than Barton's the week earlier, but "model-pro Nicky Butt" will never get such criticism. Doesn't look good on us though...

Guthrie on Fagan.

Nolan on Anichebe.

Barton on Alonso.

Butt on Alves.

Lee Cattermole evens everything out.

Tbh, I thought it was shocking. No intention of playing the ball, and probably worse than Barton's the week earlier, but "model-pro Nicky Butt" will never get such criticism. Doesn't look good on us though...

Guthrie on Fagan.

Nolan on Anichebe.

Barton on Alonso.

Butt on Alves.

Lee Cattermole evens everything out.

Heyyyyyyyy man!

I see it's been confirmed Butt did break Alves' tackle.

Guthrie on Fagan.

Nolan on Anichebe.

Barton on Alonso.

Butt on Alves.

bartons looked intentional to cause injury, butts looked intentional to stop the man. you see plenty week in,week out.

There was no intent to injure, just to stop the move. A tactical foul.

Guest Phil K

Run of the mill.

Happens every week

Happens to us frequently, most often without the ref blowing up for it, even.

Guest Phil K

I honestly feel sorry for Southgate, think he's a decent young manager... I would prefer both teams to stay up. Obviously if it's them or us though, it has to be them.

What's decent about him? I think he's s**** personally.

Southgates a genuine, nice guy.

But you know where nice guys finish don't you ?

You're ridiculously paranoid Phil. :lol:

Say that next time you're shrieking at a bad tackle against us going unpunished, matey !  :angry: O0

(Well, maybe NEARLY every week, eh ?)  :razz:

I see it's been confirmed Butt did break Alves' tackle.

Guthrie on Fagan.

Nolan on Anichebe.

Barton on Alonso.

Butt on Alves.

bartons looked intentional to cause injury, butts looked intentional to stop the man. you see plenty week in,week out.

thats what i was saying.

Guest Phil K

Full marks to Northumbria police for letting the Boro fans straight out at full time & having no police presence until they got to the coaches. :idiot2:

There were no under-10's around so they were no threat to anyone other than themselves....

Guthrie on Fagan.

Nolan on Anichebe.

Barton on Alonso.

Butt on Alves.

Butt knew Boro were breaking on us and it was a tactical foul, to take the booking & to stop the move as it looked dangerous for us. Obviously he didnt mean to break his foot, nor even hurt him, just bring him down with a sliding tackle (like a shirt pull foul), and he caught him awkwardly. Bartons was in Liverpools own half, at the corner flag, went in two footed & Alonso was at walking pace. I know where you are coming from but I wouldnt put them in the same category.

If you watch the highlights on NUFCTV, it says Alves broke his foot in another scenario, not in Butts tackle. It showed a picture of him stumbling in our penalty area with no player within 2 metres of him. Thats what they reckon did it.

yeah that's what Setanta thought happened too.  :undecided:

didn't Alves carry on playing anyway? Like hindu times says, he landed awkwardly in the box a fair while after Butt had caught him and that's when he had to be stretchered off. SSN are making it look like it was Butt's fault.

the butt tackle was nowt, it was an expercienced tackle to stop the move as already mentioned, i knew it was coming from the moment he pointed duff (i think) to go witht hte runner whilst he flew in.

as Ian W said, its commonplace, and iwas delighted he did it, was equally delighted with what nolan did for his yellow (again i think) as it was a similar situation and done to break up the move.

remeber ole (rear) gunner (i think) on rob lee (i think, fuck me i dont know much!) a years ago against manure?

Late to the post-match reaction but yeah, thoroughly enjoyed it as you can imagine. Almost lost my voice from all the chanting/screaming, but was worth it. Generally electric atmosphere, and a surprisingly impressive performance. Honestly thought it was going to be doom and gloom after the unfortunate Boro goal, but nothing like it - you came right back into it and in the end, could have had more than 3.

:thup:

Late to the post-match reaction but yeah, thoroughly enjoyed it as you can imagine. Almost lost my voice from all the chanting/screaming, but was worth it. Generally electric atmosphere, and a surprisingly impressive performance. Honestly thought it was going to be doom and gloom after the unfortunate Boro goal, but nothing like it - you came right back into it and in the end, could have had more than 3.

:thup:

What'll it take to convert ye?