Mark Viduka

lovejoy

IF he could stay fit and lose soe weight and play that that for us on a regular masis he would be well worth keeping.. what a 1st touch he has, really enjoyed his performance..

It is strange how he always steps up against Boro.

Was reading yesterday before the game he'd scored 5 in his last 4 games against them.

Then has a blinder of a match and hits the post ?

Whatever is in his head when he plays boro needs to stay there, could get another season or two out of him if he stayed consistant/

Offer him a pay as you play deal. The bloke is class, he clearly proved that tonight - it's making sure he gets on the pitch that's the challenge.

:thup:

i'm sure i read somewhere he wanted to stay but there hadn't been a contract offer. pay-as-you play sounds like a good idea though.

imagine if we'd signed him from celtic instead of leeds, instead of carl cort...

Outstanding performance from Viduka. When he's like that he's pretty much unplayable.

It's sometimes beyond belief how he manages to kill the ball and keep hold of it. Infuriatingly talented.

Offer him a pay as you play deal. The bloke is class, he clearly proved that tonight - it's making sure he gets on the pitch that's the challenge.

Is what I'd do. And if Boro drop get Tuncay off them. Souness was close to signing him.

Yeah give him a pay as you play deal but with a twist, how about £10k a point based on someone on here like Ronaldo's player ratings. I picked Ronaldo because he's the hardest fucker to please and it would save the club a few quid.  :coolsmiley:

Is what I'd do. And if Boro drop get Tuncay off them. Souness was close to signing him.

I thought Tuncay was embarrassing last night and a few times I've seen him. Stay away.

Pay as you play for Viduka would be great, if unlikely.

For those who is saying he should lose some weight. I met him at a friendly match when he was with Middlesbrough and he was fucking HUGE. I mean like pure muscle, absolute tank. I think his weight is a big part of his game.

Rather give Viduka a new deal than Owen.

Both are crocks, at least Viduka can offer something when he's on the pitch though.

He's still only 33, if Shearer can motivate him to get himself on the pitch more often then he'd be good to have around for another season. Obviously we'll need an alternative at CF because relying on Viduka alone would be lunacy.

For those who is saying he should lose some weight. I met him at a friendly match when he was with Middlesbrough and he was f***ing HUGE. I mean like pure muscle, absolute tank. I think his weight is a big part of his game.

Agreed. It's not his weight that's the problem, but rather his agility and mobility. I think doing some sort of yoga or tai chi would go a long way to helping him

For those who is saying he should lose some weight. I met him at a friendly match when he was with Middlesbrough and he was f***ing HUGE. I mean like pure muscle, absolute tank. I think his weight is a big part of his game.

Agreed. It's not his weight that's the problem, but rather his agility and mobility. I think doing some sort of yoga or tai chi would go a long way to helping him

I'm sure Boro used to give him some strange type of massage therapy, can't remember what it was called now, it was on SSN once.

Guest Phil K

No getting away from it - Viduka can be a huge asset.

Problem is his sick record.

A better shielder of the ball you won't find today

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'm sure Boro used to give him some strange type of massage therapy, can't remember what it was called now, it was on SSN once.

Aye I remember that. They used to get Roy Chubby Brown in massage his cock off between games, if he didn't he had a penchant for moodwings.

Is there any history anywhere of players taking a 'pay as you play' deal?

I don't think so, that's why I'm amazed when people suggest it.

A footballer's career is short, and there's no incentive whatsoever to sign on those kind of terms... unless there is no other club anywhere in the world that would take you.

Also, think of the effect on a players morale. In effect you're saying, 'Mark, we think you're a fat, useless bastard who is of very little value to the club, but if you do manage to play superbly and score us some vital goals then we'll go as far as to pay you some wages'.

It'll never work.

A footballer's career is short, and there's no incentive whatsoever to sign on those kind of terms... unless there is no other club anywhere in the world that would take you.

Also, think of the effect on a players morale. In effect you're saying, 'Mark, we think you're a fat, useless bastard who is of very little value to the club, but if you do manage to play superbly and score us some vital goals then we'll go as far as to pay you some wages'.

It'll never work.

It's strange how the term 'pay as you play' has entered football language when no one has ever signed a contract on those terms.

If Viduka leaves at the end of the season we could offer to loan him back for the last month of next season. That seems to be the time he becomes fit.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It'll never work.

It's strange how the term 'pay as you play' has entered football language when no one has ever signed a contract on those terms.

Saha's on one at Everton now

It'll never work.

I know, it's mad.

And imagine Viduka being on a 'pay as you play' deal while Shola is on a three year contract! ???

It'll never work.

Obviously he'll get a basic wage too. His basic now is probably around £60k. Just make £40k of it as incentives. Pay him £20k/week, and if he scores and we win, he gets himself another £50k. If we win and he plays more than 45 minutes, he gets £30k etc. etc.