Mark Viduka

lovejoy

Minus Berbatov, are there any strikers of his mould anymore?

Kanu is similar. Viduka might actually be quicker than him these days too.

Aye kanu was similar both are a rare type of forward.

Guest Guinness

Thought he was awesome last night! He held the ball up really well and showed his class when in possession, just wish he wasn't injured all of the time. He'll be a key figure in our next two games, hopefully he puts in two more performances like that.

Problem is, not much use when he only plays a dozen games a year if we're lucky.

Aye but if you pay him per game you might as well keep him around, he was key in keeping us up last season and if we stay up will be key this season.  Do you not think premiership status is worth it?

However good he was last night I still find it funny how Merson always says he's better than Berbatov when fully fit :lol:

Not too sure what's wrong with that comment tbh. Don't think there's many better centre-forwards anywhere when he plays like last night.

Guest Stephen927

However good he was last night I still find it funny how Merson always says he's better than Berbatov when fully fit :lol:

Not too sure what's wrong with that comment tbh. Don't think there's many better centre-forwards anywhere when he plays like last night.

Agreed.  :thup:

Shearer has got a performance out of Viduka that I didn't think he still had in him. It's a promising sign that he really could be a top manager.

I watched a recent documentary about Brian Clough, and it was very striking how he had the knack of making his players want to impress him. They would bust a gut just to get the smallest indication of praise. I feel that's what's happened here. Viduka wants to live up to the high expectations that Shearer has of him.

Can't believe Kinnear was going to let him rot.

People have been saying this. I'm guessing there's a direct quote somewhere?

I think it's more Shearer saying Viduka was pretty much gone when he arrived rather than what Kinnear said.

Can't believe Kinnear was going to let him rot.

People have been saying this. I'm guessing there's a direct quote somewhere?

I think it's more Shearer saying Viduka was pretty much gone when he arrived rather than what Kinnear said.

Yes, Shearer hinted that if Hughton or Kinnear was still in charge at the club he would have just been doing training till his contract expired - as in they were sick of his poor fitness and willing to leave him 'to rot' as everyone has said.

Viduka himself said on NUFC TV last night that he wouldn't have been playing had Shearer not came in as "Joe" had set him aside.

Fuck's sake. That's a fucking disgrace.