Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It was a cracking match, very entertaining, pity that there wasn't much in play (Atlético were as good as qualified with 4-0 in the first leg) so it felt a bit "sandbox".

Xisco is doing pretty decently when he's played.

Atlético has now a shot for their first title in 14 years I think.

He's a good player, like a lot that we've mindlessly discarded over the years.

There's no way he'll be back here very long and it's unfortunately that almost everyone is so against him already.  I think he's got a bit of class about him and could really come good but we won't be the club to help him with that I am almost positive.

There's no way he'll be back here very long and it's unfortunately that almost everyone is so against him already.  I think he's got a bit of class about him and could really come good but we won't be the club to help him with that I am almost positive.

Christ, here we go again...

Two league goals all season, and he's a world-beater.

Tell me this: what does he do well?

I am glad he scored as I said above but everytime I have seen on Sky he has been f***ing rank.

He just seems a goalscorer. Posted his goals per minute ratio for Deportivo, Racing & us in La Liga & Premier League, and he has goal under every 180 minutes. No idea if he's a good footballer or not though.

Guest Roger Kint

Christ, here we go again...

Two league goals all season, and he's a world-beater.

Tell me this: what does he do well?

If you read them neither say he is anything near a world beater but dont let that get in your way ;D

As much as Xisco was clearly turd,  it was still one of Kinnears most facepalm inducing moments when before the cup replay v Hull, he said the game was Xiscos last chance, despite never previously bothering to select him.

Kinnear, what an abject disaster of a man

I am glad he scored as I said above but everytime I have seen on Sky he has been f***ing rank.

He just seems a goalscorer. Posted his goals per minute ratio for Deportivo, Racing & us in La Liga & Premier League, and he has goal under every 180 minutes. No idea if he's a good footballer or not though.

Them sort of stats no longer interest me as I have seen too many shite striker do well with that. I tend look at number games scored in & total goals for the season.

• 1 year later...

http://eldepor.lavanguardia.es/notes/20206-entrevista-con-xisco

Interview today with Xisco, I've snipped the parts where we're mentioned...still sounds proud of the fact he joined us.

10. Were you surprised at the time about your sudden move to Newcastle?

Yes, I was a little surprised that I knew nothing about it until a few days before the closing of the transfer market.

The truth is that, yes, it was another league, a big team in the Premier League, with lots of history ... but well, it was also a very happy day for me, a very important step.

23. What has been the most beautiful moment of your career in general?

There are so many, scoring important goals for my team, making my debut, signing for Newcastle...good times that I always dreamed about....

24. And the worst?

The worst were probably at Newcastle. The lack of confidence, not playing, relegation...they have been my worst memories.

39. Do you see your future at Deportivo?

At the moment, my future says I have two years left on my Newcastle contract. That's what's real at the moment. What I am convinced of, is that one day I will return to Deportivo. When? I do not know. But I hope and pray that if it's not now, then within a few years I can come back to play.

I hope he goes to deportivo too. But jesus wept, we'll fail to score again on saturday and he would have been another option at least.

Don't worry we've got Shefqi ready and waiting.

Guest Chubby Jason

Really? I don't mean anything too "out there" just maybe a little nibble on the ear or a back rub?

I hope he goes to deportivo too. But jesus wept, we'll fail to score again on saturday and he would have been another option at least.

don't think he would have got a chance anyway unfortunately......whether it's down to that "x number of games played" alleged clause or not.