Howard Webb

McCormick

Also, are you telling me now that every single club will change their set-piece tactics and have nobody in and around the goalkeeper? Not a chance.

That's not what I said at all.

But it was bound to be highlighted following our match against Boro.

Also, why was no-one complaining about Howard Webb when he gave us that really dodgy penalty against Sunderland at home?

Guest Mantis

There was nothing in it and no foul would have been given in 99.9% of cases.  I dont give a shit about letter of the law crap either, as foul and abusive language is a straight red according to the laws but refs choose to ignore this law every match.  Lets see if every ref blows from now on when a players has the audacity to stand next to a goalie.  Webb is still a c***.

Also, are you telling me now that every single club will change their set-piece tactics and have nobody in and around the goalkeeper? Not a chance.

Also, why was no-one complaining about Howard Webb when he gave us that really dodgy penalty against Sunderland at home?

I think everyone at the time admitted Taylor had done the referee then.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The sad thing is that game was one of the first times we've looked better than a championship side this season.

The cunt has had a hand in deciding who wins the title and who goes down.

That pen for Man U against Tottenham and yesterdays decision have no defence.

The twat should be sacked plain and simple.

So from now on every player who stands beside a goalkeeper will be penalised?- I remember somebody fouling Given earlier on in the season and the goal stood, Vidic does it all the time, Bolton, Stoke do it all the time. Nolan did it all the time at Bolton and got away with it. They either penalise everybody or nobody. How anyone on here can say it's a foul, well I just shake my head in disbelief. Christ, not one pundit on any footballing programme has agreed with Webb, how can anyone on here?

As for saying Nolan was obviously guilty because of his reaction, that's stupid as well, he was as gobsmacked as everyone else.

2wrongs have never made a right..

I agree with the comment about his reaction, not sure how you can tell he was guilty from the way he reacted?!

Anyway it cannot possibly have been a guilty reaction as surely you can only react guiltily when you have done something wrong? By the time the ball got played over he was behind Schwarzer (who wasn't coming to get the ball anyway in my opinion) and it was the Fulham defender who got in his way. We cannot Howard Webb for our demise, however, to me it sums up our season in terms of a complete lack of luck. Beye getting sent off against City, Barton injuring his foot kicking a ball in january and by Clattermole in november, conceding late equalisers at home to Stoke and Wigan courtesy of Faye and Bramble, Martins missing that penalty against arsenal, Owen's 'goal' against Chelsea...the list goes on.

However, Howard Webb = CUNT

Guest Phil K

Even the laughing Sunderland fans at work today thought it a disgraceful decsion - and they couldn't believe it when I said there were some on here who actually said it was a CORRECT decision ! One actually said what I had been thinking - been reading the southern papers or listening to the BBC have they ?

Absolutely awful decision to disallow the goal. 

Some of the comments in here (wishing him death and that) are embarrassing though. 

probably been said already in this thread, cant be arsed reading it because most of the comments are embarrasing, hideously so, but if we go down, its because of the 38 games where we have deserved it, not that one (admittedly wrong) decision.

No, they didn't.

But its swings and roundabouts, we didn't deserve anything from teh Sunderland game until Taylor went for the big dive and conned Webb into giving a penalty. So take the point off us there and award us the point against Fulham eh? That'll help.

By they way, I'm not saying we've had more for us than against us this season, because we haven't, but poor refereeing decisions are not the reason we're going down.

Some of the comments in here (wishing him death and that) are embarrassing though. 

As a referee yourself,Paul,the fact that there is little chance he saw Nolan,1:because he didn't do anything,and 2:there is no way,on this planet,he could see him because of the bodies in the way,can he disallow that "goal".

As a qualified ref,I'd love to know what you think Webb was playing at?

No, they didn't.

But its swings and roundabouts, we didn't deserve anything from teh Sunderland game until Taylor went for the big dive and conned Webb into giving a penalty. So take the point off us there and award us the point against Fulham eh? That'll help.

By they way, I'm not saying we've had more for us than against us this season, because we haven't, but poor refereeing decisions are not the reason we're going down.

More swings than roundabouts imo.Ridiculously more.And it's the reason why sooner or later,we'll find out about corruption in the game..i'm certain of it.

As a referee yourself,Paul,the fact that there is little chance he saw Nolan,1:because he didn't do anything,and 2:there is no way,on this planet,he could see him because of the bodies in the way,can he disallow that "goal".

He could probably see him, there were 3 defenders infront of Nolan but he would still have had some kind of view. 

As for what he was playing at, I can only assume he was thinking what Jonny Hall has been saying, that goalkeepers must not be breathed upon at a corner.  But Nolan did nothing wrong whatsoever and it's just the latest decision to go against us this season.  When you think of bad key decisions this season, it must be about 10:3 against us.

He could probably see him, there were 3 defenders infront of Nolan but he would still have had some kind of view. 

As for what he was playing at, I can only assume he was thinking what Jonny Hall has been saying, that goalkeepers must not be breathed upon at a corner.  But Nolan did nothing wrong whatsoever and it's just the latest decision to go against us this season.  When you think of bad key decisions this season, it must be about 10:3 against us.

I agree,though,when i watched it yesterday,Webb was stood on the corner of the area from where the corner came,so with all the comnmotion at the near post,he managed to bypass that,and witness a supposed obstruction.

At the time,i felt it was a pre meditated decision,and i still do.Despicable.

Im gonna be bitter now.

But the handball wich WAS a bloody penalty against Bolton can be pretty deciding in what could be our relegation.

And we have had too many of those against us this year.

I still cant belive how a ref can go out and defend that call for being right when we have been punished for the same thing earlier in the season.

Match that handball with Martins' supposed deliberate handball at Spurs,and you'll see I totally agree with you.

Its easy to complain about bad ref calls, and especially when we are in the position we are in and its not the way to go really when you think about it.

But when you look back on fouls given against us, and then never with us this year you suddenly get grey hair, and i noticed myself getting pissed playing in the arcade when i started thinking about this.

I looked at a website today that showed where we would be today if all the right decisions were made by the refs this year and we were way above were we are today in a safe zone.

With that being said, we are also were we are because we have been utter shit this year.

Put those to factors together with some injurys/manager problems and you get a relegation team.

First and foremost,we are where we are because we are shit..,i guess we're only remembering the points lost to us because of referees,is because points are so scarce...but fuck..yesterdays fuck up by Webb beggared belief,as did Styles' sending off of Habib and penalty against Man. City.

The thing is, bad refereeing decisions cost us more than other teams because we're only capable of creating one or two clear cut chances a match.

If that decisions goes against Man Utd (hahahahaha) or another team that's in the top four, it's not really going to matter because they'll create another 10 or so opportunities and go on to score 2/3 goals anyway.

Has it been mentioned anywhere about their goal being offside though? Thought it immediately after it went in but no replay was shown (not the first ball to Nevland, but the second ball from Nevland to Kamara)

Guest Taff

Fucking cunt, blatently offside (when the ball was 'squired') and their was nothing wrong with the goal. Prick!  :knuppel2:

Its schwarzer's reaction that does it for me, was watching the replays again earlier. Nolans standing infront of him, moves behind while barely touching him & he flings his arms out as if to give up on even trying to save the shot because of how badly hed been fouled.

Ref clearly sees that and falls for it.

I have heard a couple of interviews with Schwarzer where he has insisted Nolan fouled him and had his arms all around him but the TV evidence doesn't show this.  When the interviewer said this, he just said it was before then but I have not heard one person able to say why the goal was disallowed other than Webb expected Nolan to impede the player and so blew in anticipation of a foul that actually did not happen.