Howard Webb

McCormick

Guest Heneage

If you want to blame Howard, you might as well blame every ref that gave us a bad decision, mind you there's been a fair few game changing ones this year.

I just hate the fact that he would have allowed the goal to stand if it wasn't for Taylor's goal being highlighted the week before. SSN showed it again and there really was nothing wrong with it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest firetotheworks

What about Hull? What about Sunderland? You think they didn't get decisions go against them?

...and what of the decisions that went our way? Stephen Taylor winning a penalty got us a point against Sunderland, when it was never a pen.

Its not worth dwelling on, the decision was wrong, but not as wrong as how shit we've been.

What about Hull? What about Sunderland? You think they didn't get decisions go against them?

...and what of the decisions that went our way? Stephen Taylor winning a penalty got us a point against Sunderland, when it was never a pen.

Its not worth dwelling on, the decision was wrong, but not as wrong as how shit we've been.

Yes we've been shit, but pick out another decison that's gone our way.

Guest firetotheworks

Its not worth dwelling on, the decision was wrong, but not as wrong as how s*** we've been.

Yes we've been s***, but pick out another decison that's gone our way.

Why do I need to, when this is the only goal based one thats gone against us?

OK then, Nolan barging a player out of the way of Taylor the previous week

Guest hughsie

Your hypocrisy and selective memory knows no bounds.

Tell me if this is the same Howard Webb who got you a point against Sunderland when that idiot did his ridiculous dive in the box.

I seem to remember he was the best ref in the country then.

Liverpool Vs Us when all that Kuyt was intent on doing when was blocking the keeper and led to a goal that hasn't been called by the referee since apart from against us.

Vs Nolan imepding the keeper when the ref thought it happend when he couldn't actually see what happened through a crowd of players and took a guess. 

Guest firetotheworks

Liverpool Vs Us when all that Kuyt was intent on doing when was blocking the keeper and led to a goal that hasn't been called by the referee since apart from against us.

Vs Nolan imepding the keeper when the ref thought it happend when he couldn't actually see what happened through a crowd of players and took a guess. 

'Give over' has never felt more appropriate.

Guest Heneage

'Give over' has never felt more appropriate.

I see both sides, but when you compare Kuyt's and Nolan's block against Boro ours was made out like he clothes lined Bates when in fact he did the same as Kuyt. Hansen said it was just poor defending when Kuyt did it.

I remember at the time thinking "why are people making such a big deal about this"? When Liverpool do it it's a well worked training ground move that Newcastle need to "wise up" to. When it's us there's uproar in the media and calls for it to be stamped out of the game.

Even Tony Gale on SSN there, saying that despite the constant change in management, poor performances, etc. that moment was the defining one in our relegation.

He's wrong.  It's pathetic and makes me ashamed to be a fan of the Toon when people are crying about this rather than realising the true reasons we went down this season.

This fat picked on schoolkid turned professional referee muscleman was responsible for just one of the many appalling decisions which went against Newcastle this season, but his actually seemed pre-meditated rather than just incompetence.

I hope he is paid back in full.

While we would probably have found another way to relegate ourselves if it hadn't happened, that disallowed goal in the Fulham game seems to have taken on even greater significance following evens on Sunday!