Howard Webb

McCormick

If we go down it should be on the teams performance, not due to the performance of the referee.

If we go down by a point (i.e. the point we would have got from this game) I will absolutely blame Webb.

At the end of the day you cannot blame Webb. At 0-0 our defence has pushed up and went missing and we end up giving away a soft goal. Who ever is in charge next season needs to short out the defence and bring in defenders who can defend. It  does not matter who plays  in midfield or up front went you consistently give away soft goals like we do you end up going down.

I'd better not contribute anymore - getting angrier and angrier - with either the "it didn't happen to my team ergo it was a good decision" crap or the self flagelation pillocks of our own fans "It was a good decision and I'll lick Mr Webb's arse and suck his miniscule dick if he wants" tripe

Bollocks....sorry. Snapping out at random.

I feel hugely betrayed by players of whom will be getting double what I get in a year - in a WEEK

The disallowed goal was a shocking decision....there was no way he could even see Nolan for starters.

Even if he could there simply was not enough contact to warrant a goal being disallowed. We should sue the ref imo :p

Guest firetotheworks

In summary.

Goal disallowed:  :thdn:

Bassong set off:  :thup:

Howard Webb a scapegoat:  :thup:

Warranted:  :thup:

Are we shit?:  :thup:

Do we deserve to go down anyway?:  :thup:

If we go down it should be on the teams performance, not due to the performance of the referee.

If we go down by a point (i.e. the point we would have got from this game) I will absolutely blame Webb.

Think of the Man City 2-2 at home and Beye's dismissal and subsequent penalty...Carroll's disallowed goal at Man City.Fulhams winning pen at Craven Cottage.Heskeys dive for a pen at Wigan.All of these refereeing fuck ups cost us points..not forgetting Martins' disallowed goal at Spurs.

Guest firetotheworks

It wasn't the wrong decision. That really has to be indisputable surely? You're not allowed to block a player, especially the goalkeeper, like that.

The dispute is the inconsistency of the referees in that those decisions are rarely ever given (See: Taylor on Monday).

What block?

It wasn't the wrong decision. That really has to be indisputable surely? You're not allowed to block a player, especially the goalkeeper, like that.

The dispute is the inconsistency of the referees in that those decisions are rarely ever given (See: Taylor on Monday).

What block?

The Nolan one. He was stood in front of the keeper!

What block?

Webb couldn't see it anyway..that's my point,he can't disallow a goal for something he MIGHT have thought happened.

What block?

Webb couldn't see it anyway..that's my point,he can't disallow a goal for something he MIGHT have thought happened.

Did anyone seriously think Nolan would get away with it two weeks running?

What block?

How are you to know he didn't see it? After Monday he was clearly going to be looking out for Nolan to do it again.

If we were going to do it, we could have at least got someone f***ing else to.

Surely a player's allowed to compete with the keeper for the ball? In any case, Nolan did not obstruct the keeper - Schwarzer slipped past him like he wasn't even there.

Liverpool did the same thing re: blocking runners in corners, and Kuyt benefitted as a result. Why didn't anyone even bat an eye at them?

Guest firetotheworks

What block?

The keeper was stood still. That's not blocking, that's standing where you want to stand. Another week that goal is given, without doubt.

Fucker knew he was guilty. Look at his reaction. I still don't get what this argument's about. These are called '50-50' for a reason. If the ref sees it, he's going to blow. As a professional footballer, you should know this. As fans, it gives us plenty to talk about and blame our miserable existence on. Get the fuck away from it and look at the bigger picture.

Ashley needs to be gutted and hung in a public square.

What block?

How are you to know he didn't see it? After Monday he was clearly going to be looking out for Nolan to do it again.

Because from the view from Nolan to the ref,there were at least 10 bodies directly in his way.

What block?

The keeper was stood still. That's not blocking, that's standing where you want to stand. Another week that goal is given, without doubt.

Aye, I know. It was, last week. And it was duly highlighted by pundits and referees there and then. We're stupid to think we'd have gotten away with it 6 fucking days later with the same player.

He was clearly looking out for it, doesn't make it a wrong decision.

What block?

Because from the view from Nolan to the ref,there were at least 10 bodies directly in his way.

I'd swear that Webb made up his mind to blow on that corner the moment he saw Nolan within 3 feet of Schwarzer.

What block?

I'd swear that Webb made up his mind to blow on that corner the moment he saw Nolan within 3 feet of Schwarzer.

You are probably right,but that reinforces my point JH.He's disallowed it because he thoght Nolan might obstruct Schwarzer.That is fundamentally wrong.You wait till you see a replay.Webb has absolutely no view of the area where Nolan is at all.

Guest firetotheworks

What block?

Aye, I know. It was, last week. And it was duly highlighted by pundits and referees there and then. We're stupid to think we'd have gotten away with it 6 f***ing days later with the same player.

He was clearly looking out for it, doesn't make it a wrong decision.

I disagree about it being the wrong decision. FWIW I dont think Im deluded, and the one against boro was obvious. But if there was any blocking then its not only incredibly soft, but its soft enough to be overlooked as nothing out of the ordinary. A 50/50 would have resulted in a freekick to Fulham, but its not even that, its just a non-event. Schwarzers body language looks like he's resigned to it being a goal as soon as the ball goes in.

But hey ho, its happened. Any other player than Nolan and perhaps its given, who knows. Frankly, who cares.  :undecided:

As a separate point, the protection goalkeepers get is unreal really. As if being able to use your hands isn't advantage enough, they have to be awarded free kicks if they're tickled by the wind.

As a separate point, the protection goalkeepers get is unreal really. As if being able to use your hands isn't advantage enough, they have to be awarded free kicks if they're tickled by the wind.

I agree completely with that, have done for a while. It's pathetic the space and benefit they're given from officials. As if they're not fucking footballers too.