Howard Webb

McCormick

which occured at 0-0

honestly, what a load of s****

They scored ,you klutz.They wouldn't have would they,if the penalty hadn't had been given.

and the score would have remained at 0-0

where are you getting 2-0 from?

Cos we then scored 2,hence the final score of 2-2...it really isn't rocket science.

How do you know we would have went on to score 2 goals? It probably would have been a whole different game if Beye hadn't been sent off...incidents like that totally change the way games go, to say the game would have finished 2-1 is totally unpredictable.

that bassongs a twat, letting beye take the rap for him.

talking about the Man City game mate.

which occured at 0-0

honestly, what a load of s****

They scored ,you klutz.They wouldn't have would they,if the penalty hadn't had been given.

and the score would have remained at 0-0

where are you getting 2-0 from?

Cos we then scored 2,hence the final score of 2-2...it really isn't rocket science.

How do you know we would have went on to score 2 goals? It probably would have been a whole different game if Beye hadn't been sent off...incidents like that totally change the way games go, to say the game would have finished 2-1 is totally unpredictable.

that bassongs a t***, letting beye take the rap for him.

talking about the Man City game mate.

:blush:

Having read the thread, I can't believe anyone thinks Viduka's goal should have been ruled out. Nolan can stand where the fuck he likes, if the paedophile in the green can't get to the ball, that's his problem.

Guest firetotheworks

Having read the thread, I can't believe anyone thinks Viduka's goal should have been ruled out. Nolan can stand where the f*** he likes, if the paedophile in the green can't get to the ball, that's his problem.

:lol:

Having read the thread, I can't believe anyone thinks Viduka's goal should have been ruled out. Nolan can stand where the fuck he likes, if the paedophile in the green can't get to the ball, that's his problem.

This is it. So, he was standing in front of the keeper. And..?

Disallowed goal goes in a catalog of refereeing f*** ups that have gone against us this season...having said that,we ain't good enough.

aye - and the fact we've played blinding top class football that has been the talk of Yurop has been held against us by EVERY ref we've had this season eh?

I know he's a fat smoggie twat but its worth looking at Jeff Winter's "adjusted" league table on his website. He's allocated points to correct refereeing atrocities like that from yesterday. If anything cos he hates us he'll have been stricter with us than any other team. Note where we are in the table.

It doesn't correct the fact we've been shit but the Beye red card cost us points against Citeh and also meant 5 days later when we played the mackems the same set of players were knackered. So one shit decision could be argued to have cost us 3 or maybe even 5 points.

Pointless table as it doesnt consider far to many things, especially how a team like ours falls apart after going behind.

If we lose 2-0 & the first was unfair he still records it as a 1-0 win. Which isnt something you can determine. Same with sending offs. The idea sunlun have been more unlucky than us is laughable.

Guest Phil K

Having read the thread, I can't believe anyone thinks Viduka's goal should have been ruled out. Nolan can stand where the f*** he likes, if the paedophile in the green can't get to the ball, that's his problem.

Its the usual type of Newcastle fan - they repeat what the southern/Manchester rags say and can't see the bleeding obvious - that it's written by fans of other teams who absolutely hate us, and will always take the negative against us.

Still been revolted by the number who think a goalkeeper should have a 10 feet clear circle around him - as long as he's the OPPOSITION keeper.

Its the usual type of Newcastle fan - they repeat what the southern/Manchester rags say and can't see the bleeding obvious - that it's written by fans of other teams who absolutely hate us, and will always take the negative against us.

Still been revolted by the number who think a goalkeeper should have a 10 feet clear circle around him - as long as he's the OPPOSITION keeper.

Very amusing.

Actually, I'm not in that camp so that blows your theory straight out the water.

I do reckon it's pathetic the type of protection the goalkeeper gets from referees, as I mentioned earlier in this thread. But the fact remains that those are still the rules and the goalkeeper still gets that protection, therefore making Webb's decision a right one in  how those situations are always approached.

Right or not, if you stand in the goalkeeper's way even in the pathetic little way that Nolan did, the refere is going to blow the whistle. It was a poor decision from him to try and get away from it, and he realised what he'd done when the goal was disallowed.

Guest Phil K

An interesting read about Webb on here after the mess he made of giving Man U a penalty just when they needed one, and how Graham Poll said he was after a "big call"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/apr/28/howard-webb-referee-dropped-championship

So he was after that against us - just like Shearer said he was.

Disallowed goal goes in a catalog of refereeing f*** ups that have gone against us this season...having said that,we ain't good enough.

aye - and the fact we've played blinding top class football that has been the talk of Yurop has been held against us by EVERY ref we've had this season eh?

You'll find when a team gets one decision after another going against them with astonishing regularity, that also impacts on player belief and performance.

We have been atrociously bad this season though.

Very amusing.

Actually, I'm not in that camp so that blows your theory straight out the water.

I do reckon it's pathetic the type of protection the goalkeeper gets from referees, as I mentioned earlier in this thread. But the fact remains that those are still the rules and the goalkeeper still gets that protection, therefore making Webb's decision a right one in  how those situations are always approached.

Right or not, if you stand in the goalkeeper's way even in the pathetic little way that Nolan did, the refere is going to blow the whistle. It was a poor decision from him to try and get away from it, and he realised what he'd done when the goal was disallowed.

That's total rubbish!

MOTD highlighted a far worse block on the goalkeeper committed by Nolan when playing for Bolton that didn't result in the subsequent goal being disallowed.

The problem here is the consistency, and the fact that Webb was influenced by the incident last Monday night when he was 4th official. He obviously had Nolan under the microscope and was just waiting for the merest of touches that would give him his chance to punish us. 99.9% of referees would not have disallowed that goal.

Ridiculous decision, sure its all about the whole season, but at that moment in time if that goal had been rightfully awarded we would most likely be in a far, far superior position, as it is now we're 50/50 for avoiding relegation at best. IF we go down he'll be one of the key people i'll blame.

But there's debate. There's debate about two footed challenges because it's down to what the ref sees and his interpretation of the rules as you say.

Bassong either brought the player down or he didn't. If he did, sending off. If he didn't, then it's not even a foul. He clearly brought him down therefore it's a clear red card. Bassong was the last outfield player between him and the goal. He's denying him an opportunity to score.

There's no way that you can compare a two-footed challenge to denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

I used the two footed tackle as the rules on these are written in stone but the ref who was standing with a clear view decided to interpret the rules differently for some reason. 

Yesterday Webb decided to stick to the letter of the law and sent off a player.

Earlier in the game he had decied that he was going to use clairvoyance and guess that a player had comitted a foul.  Not in the rules of the game as a referee is not supposed to guess that something had happened.

Then, he decides that he is no longer going to use the letter of the law RE simulation as the player that has dived has had a previous yellow card in the match and he would have to send him off and decides to interpret the laws this time round.

As I have previously said in this thread, Webb has previous from this fixture form the 4-1 defeat when he wouldn't give us the steam from his piss which resulted in at least two of thier goals that match.  He is one of the breed of referees that come up here and give us fuck all or make things up, to prove to they're a 'good and tough' ref who will stand up to the Geordies, but will turn around and let ManU fuck him up the arse at every given opportunity.

He had be warned about it, and he had his arm out.

Look at Nolan's reaction when the whistle goes, he knows exactly what it's for.

Chris Kamara has just went through it with a fine tooth comb and he, Liam Lawrence & James Beattie all thought there was nothing wrong, and it was in fact Schwarzer conning the ref.

Howard Webb sent us down today.

No he didn't.

We're going down because we're not good enough.

Can't blame us going down on one refereeing decision.

Agree with that - BUT the refereeing decisions against us yesterday cost us a very precious point that could have kept us up.

We have been shit all season, but we have had some total stinker referees costing us matches - Man City at home, Stoke at home for example.  We have been on the recieving end of some terrible decisions but are told that they'll even themselves out over the season - I'm still waiting to be evened out from three seasons back.

Chris Kamara has just went through it with a fine tooth comb and he, Liam Lawrence & James Beattie all thought there was nothing wrong, and it was in fact Schwarzer conning the ref.

It was a very dubious/soft decision, but Webb clearly went over there to have a word with Nolan before the corner was taken. What do you think about?

It's obvious it was the only thing he was going to be watching, and Nolan really didn't need to be anywhere near Schwarzer, because he wouldn't have got there.

Those decisions have been going against us all season though, and after getting some good ones against Boro it wasn't going to continue. It's not the reason we're going down.

It was a very dubious/soft decision, but Webb clearly went over there to have a word with Nolan before the corner was taken. What do you think about?

It's obvious it was the only thing he was going to be watching, and Nolan really didn't need to be anywhere near Schwarzer, because he wouldn't have got there.

Those decisions have been going against us all season though, and after getting some good ones against Boro it wasn't going to continue. It's not the reason we're going down.

Yeah, he told Nolan not to foul the goalkeeper I'd imagine. He didn't foul him, so I don't see what Nolan's done wrong? They showed the angle from behind the goal, Nolan was standing arms down doing nothing, Schwarzer hooked his arm under Nolan's to help nudge him out of the way, and the ball went in.

If there was any foul at all, it was Schwarzer on Nolan.