YOU'RE the manager - what would you do?

Guest guinness_fiend
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I was the actual manager (Shearer), I'd be sorely tempted to give myself a squad number and play up front and show the fuckers how to do it!!!!!!! The club probably still hold his registration so why not, can't do any worse than the shower of shit we have playin there. Would make a fantastic story in years to come if he scored the winner ;D

Guest michaelfoster

4-3-3 and go for a all out win play     harper

beye    taylor    colo  edgar

nolan  guthrie  duff 

martins viduka lovenkrands

bench:

krul jonas carroll lualua ranger  ;D                                    

not want 7 subs then?

If I was the manager, I would have an agent at the Hull game on his mobile phone and I would make absolutely damn sure that not one Newcastle player leaves the dressing room at Villa Park until that cunt Phil Brown has led his players out of the dressing room.

If I was the manager, I would have an agent at the Hull game on his mobile phone and I would make absolutely damn sure that not one Newcastle player leaves the dressing room at Villa Park until that c*** Phil Brown has led his players out of the dressing room.

Why would that be?

If I was the manager, I would have an agent at the Hull game on his mobile phone and I would make absolutely damn sure that not one Newcastle player leaves the dressing room at Villa Park until that c*** Phil Brown has led his players out of the dressing room.

Why would that be?

So they don't get our final result with 5-10 minutes left to play. 

Why would that be?

So they don't get our final result with 5-10 minutes left to play. 

Ah indeed, sorry.

Put all the players' loved ones in a room and tell the team I'll execute them all if you don't win.

A Winston Churchill / this is SPARTA / Lord of the Rings final battle / Rocky - type mega inspirational team talk is required. They better start like they are playing for their lives! Go in where it hurts, fight to the death type mentality is required.

Put all the players' loved ones in a room and tell the team I'll execute them all if you don't win.

A Winston Churchill / this is SPARTA / Lord of the Rings final battle / Rocky - type mega inspirational team talk is required. They better start like they are playing for their lives! Go in where it hurts, fight to the death type mentality is required.

Yes but if you are a spent force physically as key members of our squad patently are, how is high motivation going to counter young fit athletic opponents swarming all over you?

Sensible thing is to keep it as tight as possible for as long as possible and go for the win if we need to. :)

Not sure we're capable of doing the above but that's why we're in this fucking mess in the first place.

I'd have thought a match like this is beyond tactical fiddling, and almost entirely about motivation.

Decide what you want to do, make sure it is simple, inspire the players, and get them to absolutely sweat blood to make it happen.

Shearer's pre match and half time talk are going to be absolutely fucking essential.

Watching your lot of late, the one thing that struck me was that your players don't look particularly bothered. We played Hull recently, and despiute them being wank, they at least looked like they cared. Stoke City have survived this season almost entirely based on that.

Shearer absolutely has to fire them up and instill the right spirit in them. If he doesn't do that, then the task at hand gets twice as hard as soon as they get on the pitch.

Play for the draw. We don't have the pace to chase back if we get caught with too many men going forward.

Trouble with that is what happens if we are holding on to a draw and then suddenly with 2 minutes to go things change elsewhere and we need a win?

Guest neesy111

I'd have thought a match like this is beyond tactical fiddling, and almost entirely about motivation.

Decide what you want to do, make sure it is simple, inspire the players, and get them to absolutely sweat blood to make it happen.

Shearer's pre match and half time talk are going to be absolutely fucking essential.

Watching your lot of late, the one thing that struck me was that your players don't look particularly bothered. We played Hull recently, and despiute them being wank, they at least looked like they cared. Stoke City have survived this season almost entirely based on that.

Shearer absolutely has to fire them up and instill the right spirit in them. If he doesn't do that, then the task at hand gets twice as hard as soon as they get on the pitch.

that is the biggest fear we have about our players, is that 60% of them don't give a fuck whether we stay up or go down

shearer need's to install some fear into them and make them be bothered

We only seem to care in the second half, this was particularly noticable at stoke. He needs to work on his pre-match talks.

We only seem to care in the second half, this was particularly noticable at stoke. He needs to work on his pre-match talks.

Or pick 11 players who he thinks will care enough.