Will we come straight back up??

Steggy

Guest Phil K

I'd like to think that we'd give most Championship teams an anal raping.

Discuss.

I dare say Leeds fans thought the exact same thing

And look whats happened to THEM

No, we would NOT come straight back up

We would get the rats leaving the sinking ship, and a booting out of those no use anymore

Then having to bring on kids to replace them

I'm VERY worried actually.

Are there any clubs that have stayed in the prem for more than 3 seasons and come straight back up ?

West Ham? Or did they take two seasons to come back up?

Them and Man City are the only ones I can think of who've gone from being established in the prem, gone down, returned and are now 're-established'. It's pretty rare.

Took them two & city went down to division two...

I think the longer you're in the prem the harder its going to be to adapt to championship level. Much harder.

Seems proven.

Took them two & city went down to division two...

I think the longer you're in the prem the harder its going to be to adapt to championship level. Much harder.

Seems proven.

Probably because the majority of clubs that go down can keep most of their squad together, whereas the ones who have a load of 'stars' get decimated.

Think we would struggle to tbh. I think West Brom and Boro will be better equipped in that the majority of their players will stay and they won't have as much of a turn around as us. I would also expect the Welsh team to be up there. I also think we should hope for Sheffield United to win the playoffs as I would expect them to be stronger next season than Burnley.

I hope our crowd don't get frustrated if we're struggling in around midtable early season. We will need to adapt and then hope to push on when we are used to the level and have settled as a team. Then push for the playoffs. Obviously if we go down and start winning straight away, ignore the above, but at the moment I can't see it.

I don't think the crowd will be so impatient if we go down. Most of the major whingers won't even be there.

I agree. Most of the people in the crowd who don't read these boards or similar, and don't get involved in the debating of the whole politics/finance/ownership side of the club will just go under the logic that "it's good to see us win some games for a change".

Guest Stephen927

The Championship is quite an unpredictable league, I think we'd struggle but that depends on what happens in the summer. If Shearer stayed and managed to somehow bring in an entire new team to replace the masses fleeing the sinking ship then I would feel a lot more confident. If somehow Kinnear found his way back to the club to try and get the club back into the Premiership I could see how us lurking in the bottom half of the Championship.

The Championship is quite an unpredictable league, I think we'd struggle but that depends on what happens in the summer. If Shearer stayed and managed to somehow bring in an entire new team to replace the masses fleeing the sinking ship then I would feel a lot more confident. If somehow Kinnear found his way back to the club to try and get the club back into the Premiership I could see how us lurking in the bottom half of the Championship.

Yes I agree totally!. I hope to god we never see Kinnear again.

Championship football is good, I'd just prefer it wasn't us down there.

I'd like to say on our own patch we're capable of beating anyone in that league but who knows what the starting eleven will look like if we go down.

Anyone the league is full of teams capable of beating bottom half Premier League sides on their own patch. Normally you see relatively large crowds and half decent atmospheres. Providing we buy right in the summer they'd be no one I'd fear in that league. For me Boro aren't well equipped enough to come straight back up. The yo-yo teams such as West Brom, Sheffield United, and Reading will be the biggest threat while some of the less well know sides who have been building over the years could push from promotion ala Cardiff and Preston. There's usually a couple of suprise packages too such as Swansea this year and Bristol City the year before. I'd be looking at Derby with the newly appointed Clough or a real outide shout is Forest with Billy Davies in charge. It will also be interesting to see how Peterborough fair after two consecutive promotions.

Edit: Forgot about Ipswich too, Keane had an instant impact as Sunderland manager but he'll have limited resources and a much, much tighter budget, curious times.

Guest Phil K

Think we would struggle to tbh. I think West Brom and Boro will be better equipped in that the majority of their players will stay and they won't have as much of a turn around as us.

My thoughts exactly.

Added to which our dismal coach and director set up - it's like Shearer was given a spoon and told to use it to make the next Tyne Tunnel

we are not down yet

Not officially no - but good as

Fergie's Man U juniors will help with that at Hull, and our goal-desert players will just draw a line under the fact at Villa

And to make things a thousand times worse - the main cause of our distress - ASHLEY - could then bring back the Keystone Kop of management, KINNEAR to finish off his revenge against a small portion of "cockney mafia" peabrains amongst our crowd, and finish the Leeds-esque job on NUFC

how about this for a championship team?

Foster

R.Taylor  Tozer  Edgar  Kadar

LuaLua  Geremi  Butt  Donaldson

Ameobi  Carroll  

so to answer your question, no.

Fixed, Kadar can play LB, Tozer is just a CB

ah ok. Can Donaldson play LW?