Bassong: 'I want to leave for my career and my future'

Dave

well if he does go at least we'll make a profit on him, it's not often we can say that.

Apart from Given, Milner, N'Zogbia, Dyer & Parker as well as our money back on Rozehnal, Faye & Emre in the past two years. :lol:

well if he does go at least we'll make a profit on him, it's not often we can say that.

Apart from Given, Milner, N'Zogbia, Dyer & Parker as well as our money back on Rozehnal, Faye & Emre in the past two years. :lol:

shup.

He's not good enough for Arsenal.

Titus Bramble is a better player 75% of the time in my opinion. Abdoulaye Faye was better too.

When they were 22-23?

As an anti-Ashley, this is one of the things that I actually applauded him for - it was just unfortunate that the money that was made got spunked on the likes of Smith, Collocini, Xisco, Nolan and R Taylor, and we'll never see it again.

He's not good enough for Arsenal.

Titus Bramble is a better player 75% of the time in my opinion. Abdoulaye Faye was better too.

When they were 22-23?

Took to long for Faye to get discovered by Europe to judge that.

As for Bramble, at that age he'd play well then have 30 seconds of madness in a few games, normally high profile at the start of the season. Then he'd settle down and be a rock for us.

Because he was a lesser player in a better side we under rated Bramble, and now the opposite applies and we over-rate Bassong.

Is it just me who thinks Bassong is totally classless?

Nope. He should shut the fuck up until he's sold tbh. If he's 'not worried' why keep wittering on about it?

Think he has great potential though, and I hope we keep him somehow.

Is it just me who thinks Bassong is totally classless?

That's what I've been saying all along but according to some, I was talking rubbish. His attitude is disgraceful, especially considering we gave him a chance here.

Guest Heneage

I've said before, Mr Bassong needs to remember, he was set to play Ligue 2 football with FC Metz on lesser wages, he's been offered a nice new contract and spent one season here, he's in his early 20's and far from the finished product, he needs to learn where his bread is buttered and shut up.

I've never understood this about players, you're at a club, a team comes in why go telling the world? If he stays here now he will have a section of fans giving him shit for openly saying "Aye I want to be off." Beye hasn't done that and he's 31, even Colocinni has kept his gob shut. You are not the be all and end all of NUFC Sebastian, so I'd shut up as Arsenal haven't even agreed a fee with us yet, let alone offered you 15 grand a week and a free Renault Clio.

I've said before, Mr Bassong needs to remember, he was set to play Ligue 2 football with FC Metz on lesser wages, he's been offered a nice new contract and spent one season here, he's in his early 20's and far from the finished product, he needs to learn where his bread is buttered and shut up.

I've never understood this about players, you're at a club, a team comes in why go telling the world? If he stays here now he will have a section of fans giving him shit for openly saying "Aye I want to be off." Beye hasn't done that and he's 31, even Colocinni has kept his gob shut. You are not the be all and end all of NUFC Sebastian, so I'd shut up as Arsenal haven't even agreed a fee with us yet, let alone offered you 15 grand a week and a free Renault Clio.

You fail to realize he's probably quite stupid.

Guest toonlass

Bassong is better than Championship football. He is about the only player we had last year that showed he had the fight, the spirit and the determination to play for us, and that was at Hartlepool where no fucker knew who he was and was shouting his shirt number. If he gets a better gig then sod him, he worked damn hard for it, unlike Coloccini and co who were shite last year.

Guest Heneage

He also was sent off 2-3 times and has a bad habit for grabbing shirts and pulling. It's great having heart and desire, but to show such a distinct lack of loyalty, when a club showed faith in you, makes his contract worth less than the shirt he doesn't seem to want to put on.

Would he really do an interview like that whilst away on a moral building training camp? stupid are that he is, or is it his agent? it has quotes but I have came to learn that means fk all.

I want to say "well fuck off then you cunt", but the fact is that he was our best player last season and is one that we really should be looking at keeping. Selling him wouldn't even soften our wage bill :undecided:

He also was sent off 2-3 times and has a bad habit for grabbing shirts and pulling. It's great having heart and desire, but to show such a distinct lack of loyalty, when a club showed faith in you, makes his contract worth less than the shirt he doesn't seem to want to put on.

Loyalty.. he has only been here a year.  We will make good profit on him, don't really recall him moaning and bitching about the way the club is being run, acted pretty professionally up until now.  Besides that,  the lad owes us f*** all tbh.  We put tremendous pressure on him to perform straight away and he stood up to the task, and was our best performer.

We shoved faith in him - aye, but so did the French club who were relegated, he is well within his right to not want to play Championship football - he is far better than that.

As far as them quotes go, i interpreted the 'not worried' as if he doesn't get the transfer then happy to stay.

Bassong is better than Championship football. He is about the only player we had last year that showed he had the fight, the spirit and the determination to play for us, and that was at Hartlepool where no fucker knew who he was and was shouting his shirt number. If he gets a better gig then sod him, he worked damn hard for it, unlike Coloccini and co who were s**** last year.

If he were to leave us without kicking up a fuss as if he's bigger than the club then that would be fair enough, but the way he's gone about things has left a sour taste in some people's mouths tbh. He was the first one to say he wanted to leave when others were saying they wanted to stay and help the club.

Bassong is better than Championship football. He is about the only player we had last year that showed he had the fight, the spirit and the determination to play for us, and that was at Hartlepool where no fucker knew who he was and was shouting his shirt number. If he gets a better gig then sod him, he worked damn hard for it, unlike Coloccini and co who were s**** last year.

If he were to leave us without kicking up a fuss as if he's bigger than the club then that would be fair enough, but the way he's gone about things has left a sour taste in some people's mouths tbh. He was the first one to say he wanted to leave when others were saying they wanted to stay and help the club.

Some of the big earners said they would stay.  In contrast to those players - other clubs will offer him a more lucrative contract then the one he is on now.

Yes they're big earners, but at the same time I'm sure they'd rather play Premiership football as well. They could easily go back up a league because the majority of clubs in the lower half of the table would probably be prepared to take the risk with them.