Can Ashley afford this?

Decky

Hes already skint, there are the obvious loses that come with relegation. We have to completely change our squad, im just wondering if Ashley can actually afford whats coming :kinnear: Will he try to bolt over the next few weeks?

the loss will be gigantic next year, i think the only way to try and stem that is income from transfer fees, as well as getting rid of high earners.

we're basically going to have to rebuild from a very weak starting point and it will in all probability take more than one season to do that (further impacting income etc). going to take some real vision, strong decisions and a bit of investment to get out of this. ashley has put us in a tailspin.

Since we're Newcastle, he'll cut losses and sell us back to Fat Fred.

Hmmm...making a loss of a 100million for a billionare hardly is a disaster! Especially for a billionare who is a Spurs fan

Probably isn't one anymore. I'm willing to bet that we'd be worth a sizeable portion of his fortune had he sold us as a Premier league club.

Hmmm...making a loss of a 100million for a billionare hardly is a disaster! Especially for a billionare who is a Spurs fan

He isnt a billionaire, lost it all in the recession I think?

Right now I would love that, we would get the financial backing to take us back up and help us stay up. If Ashley goes, it isnt worth thinking about him being replaced with another tight cunt.

Right now I would love that, we would get the financial backing to take us back up and help us stay up. If Ashley goes, it isnt worth thinking about him being replaced with another tight cunt.

Did Fat Fred ever put his own money in the club?

The best way for him to protect his investment, save his money, a remain a rich man would be to put a large, up front investment in terms of a transfer kitty.  If he decides to release 4m or something he will keep losing cash.

hell be desperate to go now surely

he cannot take being the owner of a club, hes had nothing but crap experiences.

He must feel hes out of his depth at this point.

I reckon he'll run a mile away & icant wait. Hope he does it soon though.

He's not that skint, he's worth a lot less than he was but a lot of that was a paper worth anyhow.  Sports Direct isn't doing too badly even with the recession but the share price has dropped a load, same as almost every company.

He hasn't really got much of a choice either, he can't really put the club into administration without losing a huge amount of money.  If he wasn't the sole shareholder it might make sense but everything in the club, including the debt belongs to him.

He might be willing to sell the club for a lesser value, but if he does I really hope that it's done in private because a transfer window full of ownership uncertainty would only mean that players will leave and no one will replace them.

He isnt a billionaire, lost it all in the recession I think?

He's still worth £700 million at present, down from £1.4 billion basically due to losses in various share values.