Who is guiltily pleased that we're relegated?

S.S.R.
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fucking Kevin Keegan. Just thinking about him makes me angry, especially today.

I hate him. I absolutely hate him and hopes he never comes anywhere near football again. And I won't be bothered trying to argue why it's right or not that I feel that way. I just do.

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

Here's a question - Keegan left 3 games into the Premier League season.  Sunderland, West Ham, Tottenham and Blackburn all replaced their managers either at the same time or at later points, yet they aren't relegated... but of course it's Keegans fault.

I hate him. I absolutely hate him and hopes he never comes anywhere near football again. And I won't be bothered trying to argue why it's right or not that I feel that way. I just do.

:no:

I bet you would have arrested Larry Grayson,and labelled him the Yorkshire Ripper,if you were Chief Commisioner of Yorkshire Police in 1978.

Absolutely ridiculous thing to say. :dowie:

Got to say I agree at the moment. Yes they messed him around but the way he just quit so easily has tainted my view of him forever. Hes a quitter and hes hid ever since he left us.

I'll never welcome him anywhere near this club again. The rest of you can of course, but hes a bottler and a coward in my eyes. I'm so sick of our past, I just want this club to move in the right direction for a change.

f***ing Kevin Keegan. Just thinking about him makes me angry, especially today.

**** off, we wouldn't be in the PL in the first place if it wasn't for Keegan.

Got to say I agree at the moment. Yes they messed him around but the way he just quit so easily has tainted my view of him forever. Hes a quitter and hes hid ever since he left us.

I'll never welcome him anywhere near this club again. The rest of you can of course, but hes a bottler and a coward in my eyes. I'm so sick of our past, I just want this club to move in the right direction for a change.

Why not just blame Ashley and Wise?

What the hell's he meant to do when he's being completely undermined, not really being a manager?  Just go along with it?!  Of course not, not unless you're a loser, prepared to be walked all over and let a club fail under you when you didn't actually have the control.  He obviously told them it was unacceptable and they ignored him.  He didn't walk straight out, they were locked in discussions.

Only a fool would stay.  Even regardless of his second spell, Keegan deserves respect from all toon fans.  We'd have had nowhere to fall from if it wasn't for him, and Shearer probably would be no more linked to us than Steve Stone, Michael Carrick or Chris Armstrong.

Why not just blame Ashley and Wise?

Oh I do, I really do but even Keegan has a lot to answer for too. Anyway, I'm angry about a lot of things right now but my main gripe has always been with Ashley and Llambias. Keegan just isn't exactly a saint in my eyes anymore, lets put it that way..

I'm not going to argue either, but that post makes me think that you're probably (at best) a bit of a cunt.

I'm not going to argue either, but that post makes me think that you're probably (at best) a bit of a cunt.

Agreed.

People like him are best ignored. He's proven he knows nowt.

Made yourself look like a right dickhead there  :idiot2:

Guest westamfan

I remember when West Ham went down and it went something like this...

It's no so bad, no more stupid kick offs, good away days, we'll go straight back up...

Yeah we can keep Joe Cole, he loves the club...

We should sign <Insert half decent premiership player>

Within months it went like this...

3pm kick off and we lose to fucking Rotherham away...

Everyone decent has left us... and we're left with a mixture of crap youth, veteran free transfers and the shit that took us down

We should sign <Insert crap Championship layer who might 'do a job' short term>

The fans began having rows in the stands as EVERYONE is pissed off

More booing on the pitch

More board protests

etc

etc

It's no so bad, no more stupid kick offs, good away days, we'll go straight back up...

Everyone decent has left us... and we're left with a mixture of crap youth, veteran free transfers and the shit that took us down

More booing on the pitch

More board protests

etc

etc

How many seasons were you down there before you came back up mate?

Whilst there are others far more guilty, Keegan has to accept his share of the blame.

Keegan should be blamed for probably ruining any chance of having a successful season/finishing in the top half. Relegation certainly has nothing to do with him.

More booing on the pitch

More board protests

etc

etc

"veteran free transfers and the shit that took us down"  got me looking forward to next season already !!

Guest westamfan

3pm kick off and we lose to f***ing Rotherham away...

Everyone decent has left us... and we're left with a mixture of crap youth, veteran free transfers and the s*** that took us down

More booing on the pitch

More board protests

etc

etc

How many seasons were you down there before you came back up mate?

Two seasons in the Championship. We got lucky with the transfer window going on until March? at the time for Championship clubs. That helped us cherry pick the Championship players like Reo Coker Mullins Harewood. We got to the Play offs and lost to Palace in the first year. Without the transfer window being open that long I don't think we'd have made the top 10. The second season we signed Teddy Yidingham and with a strikefore of Rebrov, Teddy, Harewood Zamora they scored enough to get us in the play offs again where we beat Preston.

Brooking helped the club by insisting the way out was to appoint a manager who knows the league and sign some of the better players from the league.

I hope Newcastle do the same, appoint Steve Coppell and sign some good honest players.

When you do come back up you'll look back on players like Viduka/Smith/Barton and the wages they earn in absolute disgust.

Whilst there are others far more guilty, Keegan has to accept his share of the blame.

Keegan should be blamed for probably ruining any chance of having a successful season/finishing in the top half. Relegation certainly has nothing to do with him.

I think that still means he takes a share of the blame.

Probably?

Guest alijmitchell

I guess the only thing about this whole mess is that it showed to myself that I still care about football and more importantly about this club. I have gone through the last few seasons almost totally disilussioned and apathetic to modern football (i.e. big four, CL, England and the soap opera that is NUFC) but this hurts. Next season I will make the effort to go to even more games, there is no hiding now.

Guest Brummiemag

Both these posts are utter bullshit and show a complete lack of respect for and understanding of what Keegan has done for this club. 

f***ing Kevin Keegan. Just thinking about him makes me angry, especially today.

Both these posts are utter bullshit and show a complete lack of respect for and understanding of what Keegan has done for this club. 

The man wants 8 million compensation still even after we've been relegated. If he was such a great man, who loves the club, he'd show some fucking compassion for us and just leave it, it's not as if he's flat broke. That is the sign of a right greedy twat.

i felt relief after the final whistle, i admit that, its been a fucking awful few weeks and im glad we now know one way or the other.

im quite looking forward to new adventures next year, one things for sure, its going to be a busy fucking summer.