Who do you want to stay? (Not who you think will stay)

Guest firetotheworks

Guest firetotheworks

The thing that pisses me off in this is that imo we were very close to finally sorting out the defence, but at the cost of the midfield. Now we're down the catalyst of that defence (Beye, Bassong and Enrique) are likely to go.

Beye and Enrique.

Enrique will want to push on at some point for some sort of Spanish national recognition.

Beye is near his end days and won't want to be spending them with us in a lower division, for that i don't blame him. You bet he'll be at Blackburn next season!

I was just thinking to my self "Relegation, oh no, we'll lose all our top players etc" but at the end of the day is there many you'd want to stay. Bassong and Enrique have been good in spells, Beye and Guthrie has been decent when they've been fit but that's about it for me.

Is there many you'd fight tooth and nail to keep hold of?

GK: Harper, Krul, Foster,

Defence:  Beye, Bassong, Taylor, Enrique, R. Taylor

Midfield:  Guthrie, Duff, Jonas, Nolan (give him to January then flog him)

Strikers: Martins, Lovenkrands, Carroll, Smith (see nolan)

Obviously half of those players wont stick around, but thats who I'd want to stay. I shouldnt but i might even consider having Barton back too.

Harper, Krul

Taylor, Beye, Enrique (would like bassong but it seems that his departure is inevitable)

Jonas, Butt, Guthrie

Carrol, Smith (I actually think he'll be able to do a decent job in the championship and rediscover his scoring touch), Ameobi (back-up)

Harper, Krul

Taylor, Beye, Enrique (would like bassong but it seems that his departure is inevitable), Edgar

Jonas, Butt, Guthrie, Ryan Taylor

Carrol, Smith (I actually think he'll be able to do a decent job in the championship and rediscover his scoring touch), Ameobi (back-up)

Krul

Beye, S.Taylor, Bassong, Enrique.

Nolan if we can get him fit again. Guthrie, but only as backup. I would also see Joey Barton stay if we can lower his contract.

Xisco and Martins as first team players, Ameobi and Caroll as backups(sell if we get bid on either of them). I would also keep Viduka, if we could get him on pay as you play deal.

Sell Coloccini, Edgar, Cacapa, R.Taylor,  Duff(to much wages), A.Smith(same as Duff), Gutierrez, Geremi, Butt, and Edgar.

GK: Krul, Harper

Defence: Enrique, Saylor, Bassong, Beye, Colo

Midfield: Jonas, Guthrie, Duff

Strikers: Carroll, Martins, Viduka, Loven. Maybe Xisco?

Of course, less than half of those listed on there will stay.

Harper

Beye

S Taylor

Bassong

Enrique

Lovenkrands

Guthrie

Duff (on a wage cut)

Viduka (pay as you play contract)

Xisco (surely in the championship he'd finally be given a go to prove himself)

all the upcoming players such as Carroll, Ranger, Soderberg, Krul etc.

Guest Stephen927

Harper

Nolan

Guthrie

S. Taylor

R. Taylor

Xisco

Carroll

Ameobi

R. Taylor and Ameobi will save us a bit cash as we won't have to sign replacements, we still need to strengthen centre mid, even more so if Barton goes (I hope).

Not counting the youngsters like Krul, Carrol, Ranger, lua lua et al because they will stay. But of the first team squad I would like to see the following:

Beye

Bassong

S Taylor

Guthrie

Jonas

Enrique

the rest can fuck off tbh.

Guest Phil K

My initial response is bin the lot of them

But I'd say keep some of the more reliable older heads (Butt, despite misgivings being one of the main ones) and bring on our kids.

Krul, Beye, S. Taylor, Bassong, Enrique, Jonas, Guthrie, Carroll, Lovenkrands, Lua Lua, Edgar.

Wouldn't complain about any of them being kept, won't shed any tears at all over anybody else leaving who isn't on that list.