Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He can't have had too many suspensions. None in his final 2 seasons in Spain, anyway.

I'm not too aware of his record, when he signed for us an Argentine friend of mine mentioned how early in his career he did have a reputation as a bit of a dirty player. I think it was whilst he was Alaves he received 11/12 yellows and a red in less than 30 games. Again, don't quote me on this, but I believe there was another season for Depor (I think) where he was sent off twice in about 20 games.

He is usually very calm and assured for us, but the odd red card is nothing new to him.

I can remember about 3 different occasions last season when Colo didn't get a decision, so then went back into the player and did them. Forest at home springs to mind, I might be wrong on that though.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/Suspended-Coloccini39s-red-card-apology.6634912.jp?

Suspended Coloccini's red card apology

Published Date: 22 November 2010

Miles Starforth

FABRICIO Coloccini today faced up to a three-match ban – and admitted he had let his team-mates down.

Coloccini apologised to his colleagues for his dismissal for violent conduct in Newcastle United's dismal 5-1 defeat at Bolton Wanderers on Saturday.

And the defender – who had a torrid afternoon at the Reebok Stadium – has vowed never to make the same mistake again.

The 28-year-old swung his arm at Johan Elmander's face as the pair battled for the ball.

Referee Howard Webb consulted his linesman before sending off Coloccini, who will now sit out the Chelsea, West Bromwich Albion and Liverpool games.

"It was a red card," Coloccini told the Gazette. "It wasn't with my elbow, but it was the same, because it was my arm.

"It's disappointing. I can't do anything now. The next time, I can't do it.

"I apologised to my team-mates – that's normal. It's finished, and I have to think of another game.

"It's difficult for me, but I have to learn. That's important. I can't do it again.

"There are a lot of games, and I have to continue to work and try to be better on the pitch.

"It was a mistake – it's not a drama. It's a mistake, and I have to learn. No more than that."

Hughton – who had no complaints about the dismissal – will have to decide whether Steven Taylor and Sol Campbell comes in against Chelsea at St James's Park on Sunday.

"Here, we have good players," added Coloccini. "Sol and Steven have a lot of experience, and they can do it the same or better than me."

:lol:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/Suspended-Coloccini39s-red-card-apology.6634912.jp?

Miles Starforth

FABRICIO Coloccini today faced up to a three-match ban – and admitted he had let his team-mates down.

Coloccini apologised to his colleagues for his dismissal for violent conduct in Newcastle United's dismal 5-1 defeat at Bolton Wanderers on Saturday.

And the defender – who had a torrid afternoon at the Reebok Stadium – has vowed never to make the same mistake again.

The 28-year-old swung his arm at Johan Elmander's face as the pair battled for the ball.

Referee Howard Webb consulted his linesman before sending off Coloccini, who will now sit out the Chelsea, West Bromwich Albion and Liverpool games.

"It was a red card," Coloccini told the Gazette. "It wasn't with my elbow, but it was the same, because it was my arm.

"I apologised to my team-mates – that's normal. It's finished, and I have to think of another game.

"It's difficult for me, but I have to learn. That's important. I can't do it again.

"There are a lot of games, and I have to continue to work and try to be better on the pitch.

"It was a mistake – it's not a drama. It's a mistake, and I have to learn. No more than that."

Hughton – who had no complaints about the dismissal – will have to decide whether Steven Taylor and Sol Campbell comes in against Chelsea at St James's Park on Sunday.

"Here, we have good players," added Coloccini. "Sol and Steven have a lot of experience, and they can do it the same or better than me."

I'm not sure why the smiley Dave, if you look at the replay in slowmo, his comment was spot on, he lashed out with his forearm not his elbow.

Miles Starforth

FABRICIO Coloccini today faced up to a three-match ban and admitted he had let his team-mates down.

And the defender who had a torrid afternoon at the Reebok Stadium has vowed never to make the same mistake again.

"I apologised to my team-mates that's normal. It's finished, and I have to think of another game.

"It was a mistake it's not a drama. It's a mistake, and I have to learn. No more than that."

Hughton who had no complaints about the dismissal will have to decide whether Steven Taylor and Sol Campbell comes in against Chelsea at St James's Park on Sunday.

I'm not sure why the smiley Dave, if you look at the replay in slowmo, his comment was spot on, he lashed out with his forearm not his elbow.

He missed basically. :lol:

Hes a dirty argie, what do you expect!I was fuming after it like, was just so ridiculous, but appology accepted.

"Sol and Steven have a lot of experience, and they can do it the same or better than me."

interesting comment

Central defenders should rough people up. Just not as obviously as on sat.

Agreed, but it was almost like what you get told to do in Sunday league if you're facing a team you can't handle.

There probably wasn't any instructions anyway, just a coincidence.

Funny article on the Journal site about his song. :lol:

Also a very gushing piece that Ronaldo would be proud of.

“I really appreciate it. I mean, they are offering to let me sleep with their wives, how can I not be honoured by this?

“No, no, I will not do that, I am married, but it is nice to get the offer!

A massive massive miss today. Not just defensively, but actually mainly in terms of bringing the ball out of defence and being the player in the squad (ok, apart from HBA) with arguably the most natural ability with the ball at his feet. Felt like we'd lost a key midfielder at times today I thought.

Agreed.

Campbell was the worst culprit for aimless hoofs.  Taylor did well at points bringing the ball out of defence and playing it short.

I'll be happy to see Colo-Wiliamson again but I wouldn't be opposed to Colo-Taylor

A massive massive miss today. Not just defensively, but actually mainly in terms of bringing the ball out of defence and being the player in the squad (ok, apart from HBA) with arguably the most natural ability with the ball at his feet. Felt like we'd lost a key midfielder at times today I thought.

Yep, was saying this all the way through the match.