Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At least it'll be to a Champions League club who is not in the same league. A genuine, upwards step.

They aren't in the CL.

Aye, they're not are they. Fuck knows why I thought that. Either way, it's a good move for him.

recent history suggests that if a bid has been made then he'll be gone at some point in the not too distant...

can't see them missing the opportunity to get another high earner off the books and a pile of transfer cash in the back pocket.

money first, football second.

Quotes in the Spanish Press don't necessarily mean someone said them though :lol:

They don't just make up quotes though man. :lol:

Quotes in the Spanish Press don't necessarily mean someone said them though :lol:

They don't just make up quotes though man. :lol:

It's also not about a Barça player/official/whatever and it's not in Marca so might be slightly more objective.

This would tie in with the "reducing cost base" stuff about Pardew.

However, we could still reduce costs by flogging some of the actually shit players on mega money like Smith and trying to offer Coloccini a new deal on lower money, however still keeping him as one of the top earners. He's actually worth the money, easily.

We need at least one proven centre back in over the summer, and maybe one extra as deeper cover.  I'm just worried that Pardew has fallen for the 'Local Hero' delusion of Steven Taylor and thinks he has a ready made replacement for Coloccini in defense and Kevin Nolan as club captain.

Guest north shields lad

Im just desperate for us to keep him. But if he is going to go, its better he leaves now than the day before the window shuts.

Guest dogbeak

STOP READING THE SUN, ffs

also

WAIT UNTIL SOMETHING ACTUALLY HAPPENS BEFORE GOING ALL "the sky is falling! the sky is falling!"

Unfortunately Colo has probably always been a prime target for the wages cull which appears to be going on.

I think they'll definitely sell if they get a decent offer. It won't be a footballing decision.

Yeah i reckon the wages are gnawing at the higher ups and they recognise that he wont want to take both a wage cut and a 3 year deal.

80k is a serious wage imo and is way over the wage cap for a lower/mid table team.

So they are being financiallly clever but 10m has to me the minimum fee surely.

Yeah i reckon the wages are gnawing at the higher ups and they recognise that he wont want to take both a wage cut and a 3 year deal.

80k is a serious wage imo and is way over the wage cap for a lower/mid table team.

So they are being financiallly clever but 10m has to me the minimum fee surely.

10mil at least if they're intent on selling. I doubt £7mil would even get Roger Johnson ffs!

Selling Colo would be akin to shooting ourselves well and truly in the face. Neither Willi nor Taylor are good enough if we've aspirations to break top 10 on a consistent basis.