Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can we expect to see him play at DM at some point this season?

we tried that before he looked a headless chicken in the position

Aye, I don't know why people go on about it tbh.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I give it three weeks (and one genuine mistake) before the chant is changed, sadly:

Oh Coloccini you're the bane of my life

Oh Coloccini go fuck off with your wife

Oh Coloccini you fucked up again...

He's an OK player, but the swing reactions to his performances are insane!

Didn't he play one game (man city?) in that position?

He apparently played it a fair bit at deportivo so it's not exactly unknown territory.

That said, he is potentially our best centre back. I just like more options to knock Smith down the pecking order.

Didn't he play one game (man city?) in that position?

He apparently played it a fair bit at deportivo so it's not exactly unknown territory.

That said, he is potentially our best centre back. I just like more options to knock Smith down the pecking order.

He spent the majority of his time at Depor playing as a DM ...

Guest JamesyJazz

Whats with the Colo witch hunt?

If the guy had been in a defence with say Manure/Chelsea/Arsenal the press and joe public would be creaming their pants over him.

He had a good start to his first season with us,adjusting well to the change of pace and style in the Premier but after all the shit that happened behind the scenes along with an ever capitulating midfield/team coupled with a section of the 'fan' base deciding that he should be the new whipping boy his confidence just went.

Last season he was one of our most steady and regular defensive players.

Has Rio 'plug'Ferdinand not had some howlers for Manure?John Terry with Chelsea?

Appreciate him whilst we have him and rejoice that he isn't a Bramble type or a J.A.B

Guest JamesyJazz

He was s**** in his 1st season lets be honest ffs. He did really well last year. The f***er is unbreakable if you look back on at his career which is a major plus point.

Not at the start of the season though.Any decent player would have looked shite with the increasingly inept displays and heap of crap that passed themselves off as midfield that year.

He's regained confidence last season and will benefit from having Sol playing alongside imo.

Just because he was good last season doesn't mean I'm going to delude myself into thinking that suddenly he is going to be strong enough, fast enough for the Premiership.  How many times in his first season here was he caught out by a simple ball over the top?

Blaming that season as a blip based on a bad midfield doesn't fly when you consider he was comfortably outperformed by Bassong, who was in the same boat.

Guest JamesyJazz

Just because he was good last season doesn't mean I'm going to delude myself into thinking that suddenly he is going to be strong enough, fast enough for the Premiership.  How many times in his first season here was he caught out by a simple ball over the top?

Blaming that season as a blip based on a bad midfield doesn't fly when you consider he was comfortably outperformed by Bassong, who was in the same boat.

So who would be the ideal CB for you then?

doesn't mean I'm going to delude myself into thinking that suddenly he is going to be strong enough, fast enough for the Premiership. 

This coming from someone with a 2007 Michael Owen in his avatar.

He was s**** in his 1st season lets be honest ffs. He did really well last year. The f***er is unbreakable if you look back on at his career which is a major plus point.

Not at the start of the season though.Any decent player would have looked s**** with the increasingly inept displays and heap of crap that passed themselves off as midfield that year.

He's regained confidence last season and will benefit from having Sol playing alongside imo.

When you say start you mean the very start i.e the Man Utd game, even Oba looked good  then.  Colo was pretty much on his arse from the Arsenal (3rd  game of that season). I am not sure what his shiteness two seasons ago has anything to do with now he has earned a clean slate for playing well last season.

It may have been posted elsewhere but here's an interview with Colo from a Depor fansite prior to this evenings match.

Q: It’s time for your comeback

A: I already visited La Coruña in many times, also the stadium, but never had the chance to play at the Riazor once again. It’s going to be a pretty experience.

Q: How is Newcastle arriving to the Teresa Herrera?

A: We spent a few weeks on the pre-season and only played a couple of friendly matches. Against Depor it’s going to be the third, and later it will be useful in order to face the Premier season. Until now we have only made some physical work, so Depor and Newcastle aren’t at the top yet.

Q: I guess Newcastle is now a more quality team as its returning to the Premier League

A: Yes, sure. What happens is that we haven’t made too many new signings, maybe the most known.name is Soul Campbell , who’s going to bring a lot of things due to his experience.

Q: And Xisco, who already knows what’s to play at the Riazor wearing another shirt.

A: He is willing to play. Xisco has that experience, because he played with Racing Santander. He told me the experience was pretty, because people were wonderful. He felt comfortable. Both of us are hoping for the Teresa Herrera in order to meet the people. We spent a lot of years in La Coruña.

Q: And people love you

A: Well, you never know. What I can tell you is that I felt wonderful at Depor, I spent great years there and when I left the team qualified for European competitions. That fact left me with a good taste in the mouth.

Q: How is Newcastle assuming its participation in the tournament?

A: Off course we know the prestige of the trophy. What happens is that during the pre-season all the teams want to be prepared for the league, but clearly we aren’t assuming the friendly game as any other match.

Q: Have you been following Depor lately, how do you see the team?

A: On these days I didn’t have the chance to follow them, but I know that Filipe Luis, Bodipo, Sergio are gone… I have been told great things of Urretaviscaya. Last year I followed the team; it had a great start, but it went down. They were close to reach the UEFA and that should be enough for the fans. This year it´s going to be more of the same: to try to achieve the permanence and let’s see if it’s possible to achieve better things.

Q: Now, in a personal sense, how was your adaptation to England?

A: The truth is that it was perfect. At the beginning you are scared, because people tell you a lot of things: the weather, that’s a sad city… truly the weather isn’t the best, but I have found a pretty city, with a lot of movement, because it´s a University City. I am more than happy.

Q: And your level of English?

A: Well, more or less. I didn’t know too much English when I arrived. What happens is that I don’t talk too much and for that reason is more difficult to me. At least I talk less than Xisco, who is always saying something.

Q: I guess your worst experience was the relegation

A: Yes, it was tough. You never want that; because the club was trying to fight for bigger things. We had a pretty team, but there was disorganization, changes of coaches… So when you miss to do the right things it’s later seen in the results. In the following year things were normal again and now we are back at the Premier League. The relegation was another experience. I assumed it like that, I always was at the elite and you can notice how strong the English second division is.

Q: What about the World Cup?

A: I was happy with the World Cup, because Spain won it, remember that I spent nine years in Spain and I left many friends there. When Argentina was eliminated clearly I wanted Spain to win the tournament. And with Argentina we felt disappointed, because we didn’t expect this failure. For the quality of the squad and the aspirations that we had before the event, clearly we were disappointed as we thought the team would at least reach the semifinals stage. Of course I work hard in order to return to the national team. You never forget that. Since the pre-season you think of it, because I want to return to the national team.

It may have been posted elsewhere but here's an interview with Colo from a Depor fansite prior to this evenings match.

Q: It’s time for your comeback

A: I already visited La Coruña in many times, also the stadium, but never had the chance to play at the Riazor once again. It’s going to be a pretty experience.

Q: How is Newcastle arriving to the Teresa Herrera?

A: We spent a few weeks on the pre-season and only played a couple of friendly matches. Against Depor it’s going to be the third, and later it will be useful in order to face the Premier season. Until now we have only made some physical work, so Depor and Newcastle aren’t at the top yet.

Q: I guess Newcastle is now a more quality team as its returning to the Premier League

A: Yes, sure. What happens is that we haven’t made too many new signings, maybe the most known.name is Soul Campbell , who’s going to bring a lot of things due to his experience.

Q: And Xisco, who already knows what’s to play at the Riazor wearing another shirt.

A: He is willing to play. Xisco has that experience, because he played with Racing Santander. He told me the experience was pretty, because people were wonderful. He felt comfortable. Both of us are hoping for the Teresa Herrera in order to meet the people. We spent a lot of years in La Coruña.

Q: And people love you

A: Well, you never know. What I can tell you is that I felt wonderful at Depor, I spent great years there and when I left the team qualified for European competitions. That fact left me with a good taste in the mouth.

Q: How is Newcastle assuming its participation in the tournament?

A: Off course we know the prestige of the trophy. What happens is that during the pre-season all the teams want to be prepared for the league, but clearly we aren’t assuming the friendly game as any other match.

Q: Have you been following Depor lately, how do you see the team?

A: On these days I didn’t have the chance to follow them, but I know that Filipe Luis, Bodipo, Sergio are gone… I have been told great things of Urretaviscaya. Last year I followed the team; it had a great start, but it went down. They were close to reach the UEFA and that should be enough for the fans. This year it´s going to be more of the same: to try to achieve the permanence and let’s see if it’s possible to achieve better things.

Q: Now, in a personal sense, how was your adaptation to England?

A: The truth is that it was perfect. At the beginning you are scared, because people tell you a lot of things: the weather, that’s a sad city… truly the weather isn’t the best, but I have found a pretty city, with a lot of movement, because it´s a University City. I am more than happy.

Q: And your level of English?

A: Well, more or less. I didn’t know too much English when I arrived. What happens is that I don’t talk too much and for that reason is more difficult to me. At least I talk less than Xisco, who is always saying something.

Q: I guess your worst experience was the relegation

A: Yes, it was tough. You never want that; because the club was trying to fight for bigger things. We had a pretty team, but there was disorganization, changes of coaches… So when you miss to do the right things it’s later seen in the results. In the following year things were normal again and now we are back at the Premier League. The relegation was another experience. I assumed it like that, I always was at the elite and you can notice how strong the English second division is.

Q: What about the World Cup?

A: I was happy with the World Cup, because Spain won it, remember that I spent nine years in Spain and I left many friends there. When Argentina was eliminated clearly I wanted Spain to win the tournament. And with Argentina we felt disappointed, because we didn’t expect this failure. For the quality of the squad and the aspirations that we had before the event, clearly we were disappointed as we thought the team would at least reach the semifinals stage. Of course I work hard in order to return to the national team. You never forget that. Since the pre-season you think of it, because I want to return to the national team.

:smitten:

Love you Colo.

Guest deporik

It's from the International forum www.deportivo-la-coruna.com. Thought it looked familiar ;)

Have to say that I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch tonight, from either team.

It's from the International forum www.deportivo-la.coruna.com. Thought it looked familiar ;)

Have to say that I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch tonight, from either team.

It will look familiar to you, it's in Spanish.