Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fingers crossed he'll be alreet, as i think i said in the match thread it looked precautionary rather than serious. Fingers crossed he'll be back for Wigan as he is on top form this season, Pleat was waxing lyrical about him on Sunday.

Before we got relegated, he was terrible in my opinion. I think his worst performance ever in a Newcastle shirt was the game at home against Porstmouth where we got thrashed. But his performance got better last season, and from what Ive seen this season, he is playing pretty well alongside Mike Williamson which is great because we still have Campbell and Taylor to fall back on if we need to.

The 1-4?  Coloccini wasn't even playing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7065165.stm

Hm. I think i got the wrong guy. Thanks for pointing that out. But again, my previous sentence where I said he was terrible before we got relegated remains the same.

You do know who Coloccini is. Don't you?  :colo:

Easy mistake to make tbf - Cacapa and Coloccini are both Latin Americans....

Sites like physioroom are always stupidly specific. Anyone who has ever actually had a sports injury and gone through rehab knows that there are many, many factors will influence recovery time. It's impossible to accurately forecast for serious injuries.

They get their info from the clubs IIRC.

Sites like physioroom are always stupidly specific. Anyone who has ever actually had a sports injury and gone through rehab knows that there are many, many factors will influence recovery time. It's impossible to accurately forecast for serious injuries.

They get their info from the clubs IIRC.

How do you know that? Imo they have been wrong to many times so it dont looks like they got their info from the clubs.

What I am saying is that even the clubs do not know. It is impossible to know. All you can do is look at how long other players took to recover and make a guess based off of this information. You cannot pinpoint the human body even with new medical science. That's why most people give this info in weeks or months out instead of unnecessarily specific dates.

Newcastle United 7

F Coloccini Groin Strain no return date

H Ben Arfa Broken Leg no return date

S Harper Broken Collar Bone Dec 10

D Guthrie Knee Injury no return date

D Gosling ACL Knee Injury Jan 11

L Best Ankle/Foot Injury 13th Oct 10

S Taylor Shoulder Injury 31st Oct 10

A little help to answer your questions about when he's back

According to that we don't know when Guthrie will be back, he played yesterday for the reserves.

Guest Loven11

Coloccini returned to training yesterday after injuring his groin in the 2-1 defeat at Manchester City, but with Sol Campbell having impressed as a first-half substitute at Eastlands, Hughton admits he faces a difficult decision ahead of Saturday’s home game with Wigan.

“Fabricio will be back in contention for Wigan providing there are no further problems,”

said the Magpies manager.

“That is a big positive for us.

“But there is a decision for me to make there. Sol came in and did well and Mike (Williamson) has been excellent too.

“Sol is just a good player, so it doesn’t surprise me he’s come in and looked good. Part of the reason why we brought him in was because of that quality and experience that he showed last weekend.”

Surely Hughton can't seriously be thinking of dropping Colo.

He's the least likely of all 3 to be dropped as he's completely different to the rest. And considerably better, but i've no need to convey that to anyone, again.

I can see Williamson getting benched until Sol's kneecap falls off. Fuck knows what'll happen when Saylor comes back. I still think he might be sold.