Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

He is some kind of footballing God. I want to hold him in a state of suspended animation and have him play centre back for us forever. He's the James Bond with mad hair of football.

£10m is starting to look like a bargain, imo.

He had a difficult first season, took time to settle in and probably made a few too many easy errors because he wasn't used to the pace of the game but now he's defending so spectacularly. What a turnaround for him and for us.

That was right up his alley today. Snuffing out through-balls, covering the space, just generally sweeping up with a bit of panache in his step. Everything seems to be effortless to him at the moment and some of his passing out from the back is a pleasure to see (with either foot at times).

The "partnerships" with Big Mike/Enrique in the middle/towards the left are massive for us. He's the glue in the backline at the moment, for me, and must be a delight to play with for all concerned.

Also, didn't get caught on the turn once by the quicker players in Arsenal's team, if I'm remembering right, which has to be testament to the way we approached the game from a tactical standpoint as well. Made much better viewing than some games where we've played such a high line and seen him having to bust his lungs every few minutes chasing back at hopeful balls over the top (which he's done very well at, to be fair, despite my reservations about such situations before we came back up).

His size hasn't been half the problem I had expected it to be after what we saw of him in 08/09, an' all.

Can one of the photoshop gurus not do a mock up with him, Jose and Jonas in the film poster for The Three Amigos?

Just for my own amusement.

Please?

Wonder where all the smug pundits are now after writing him off in his first season? One of the best centre backs in the premier now and virtually indestructible as a bonus.

"He makes Boumsong look like Beckenbauer"- Henry Winter.