Steve Harper

James

To be honest i thought Harper was at fault for the goal yesterday.

Not for the shot itself (i don't think any keeper would have gotten that), but leading up to the goal Harper thew a shite ball out to Lovenkrands who then lost it which led to cross in the box which Harper (if he had shouted) should have caught easily, but instead Butt headed it out for a corner.

I shit you not i turned to my mate just before they took that corner and said they'll score form this now. And low and behold.....

Sorry, thanks for the loyal service etc. etc but the time has come for new blood.

Steve harper hasn't really done much wrong, it's just that Krul really did look an outstanding talent that night in Europe. It would be great if we could inject some youth and drive right through the team and GK is as good a place to start as any.

Not for the shot itself (i don't think any keeper would have gotten that), but leading up to the goal Harper thew a s**** ball out to Lovenkrands who then lost it which led to cross in the box which Harper (if he had shouted) should have caught easily, but instead Butt headed it out for a corner.

I s*** you not i turned to my mate just before they took that corner and said they'll score form this now. And low and behold.....

Sorry, thanks for the loyal service etc. etc but the time has come for new blood.

Thought exactly the same thing.

I agree it's time to move on, but this is wishful thinking. I'm 100% sure he will first choice next season, and with his injury record will play pretty much every game.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know where all of this is coming from. He hasn't been Given, but he's been solid and hasn't dropped any clangers.

Guest Heneage

I don't know where all of this is coming from. He hasn't been Given, but he's been solid and hasn't dropped any clangers.

Tottenham?

Guest firetotheworks

Tottenham?

One contentious mistake since January...nay since slipping over at Anfield?  Hardly Hooperesque.

He's been fine. He saves the shots that he's supposed to save and doesn't save the ones that he's not supposed to save. It's ok. He's an average gk and unless he's on a big wage, I think he's more than good enough for us.

Forster and Krul haven't played a competitive football match in over a year, and Krul did it in freakin' Scotland too. I'd rather sell one of the kids (like Forster or Krul, depending on who's worse) and let Harper mentor the better kid.

He is the best player yesterday FFS.  Saved several close range shots which is top-standard goalkeeping.  Can Krul really do that?

Don't start another blame game and in the end realize that we actually make a bad decision again.  That's a reason why we lost so much useful players in these few years that result in relegation. I really hate this.

He's been fine. He saves the shots that he's supposed to save and doesn't save the ones that he's not supposed to save. It's ok. He's an average gk and unless he's on a big wage, I think he's more than good enough for us.

Forster and Krul haven't played a competitive football match in over a year, and Krul did it in freakin' Scotland too. I'd rather sell one of the kids (like Forster or Krul, depending on who's worse) and let Harper mentor the better kid.

If you are reducing playing personnel shortlist on who is and isn't playing, you are going for average uninspirational cloggers who shall never be more than relegation fodder in the PL over players whom could have a good future for both themselves and the club.

The choice is, do you want to surround Nolan, Ryan Taylor and Butt with Koumas, Chopra, and Earnshaw, or with some of the brighter prospects that have come into the Premier League and shone?

Guest firetotheworks

If you are reducing playing personnel shortlist on who is and isn't playing, you are going for average uninspirational cloggers who shall never be more than relegation fodder in the PL over players whom could have a good future for both themselves and the club.

The choice is, do you want to surround Nolan, Ryan Taylor and Butt with Koumas, Chopra, and Earnshaw, or with some of the brighter prospects that have come into the Premier League and shone?

Read that a couple of times. It doesnt make sense, totally contradictory.

How so?

Young player plays for us, helps us get promoted, shines in the PL, thus forging agood career.

Has Krul or Forster shone in the Premiership? I must have missed those matches.

I'm not talking about those two, I'm talking more about players like Leighton Baines.

Guest firetotheworks

How so?

Young player plays for us, helps us get promoted, shines in the PL, thus forging agood career.

Because the first are not the second. Our players who could have a future haven't lit up the premier league.

How so?

Because the first are not the second. Our players who could have a future haven't lit up the premier league.

Because they haven't played, are youngsters and needed to spend a year on loan at a Championsip club?

Guest Heneage

Tottenham?

One contentious mistake since January...nay since slipping over at Anfield?   Hardly Hooperesque.

Not coming out for Bassong's red card. Not calling and punching for the corner yesterday.

Harper was a very good backup keeper - playing here and there was fine and he did a decent job

BUT in the last few months he has shown he isnt as good as we thought he was - he is a decent keeper at best.

Either we start playing Krul or we can look for another keeper

He is the best player yesterday FFS.  Saved several close range shots which is top-standard goalkeeping.  Can Krul really do that?

Don't start another blame game and in the end realize that we actually make a bad decision again.  That's a reason why we lost so much useful players in these few years that result in relegation. I really hate this.

I bet he had to sweat a lot.

Not for the shot itself (i don't think any keeper would have gotten that), but leading up to the goal Harper thew a shite ball out to Lovenkrands who then lost it which led to cross in the box which Harper (if he had shouted) should have caught easily, but instead Butt headed it out for a corner.

I shit you not i turned to my mate just before they took that corner and said they'll score form this now. And low and behold.....

Agree.  That throw pissed me off.

Harper is not a Premier League standard keeper.

it dosen't matter anymore, does it? :lol:  :undecided: