Damien Duff Pledges future to Newcastle - BBC

Guest michaelfoster

Guest saintscoobz

im sure he pledges his future to the toon who else in their right mind is going to offer him the megabucks he's on here? 

See how loyal he is and demand he takes a pay cut

I would love to keep him just do not see it happening.. put him in a team with pacey passionat players you will see much more from him, players who will run to get up and support him give him an option.

1st season loads of effort no goals only a few assists but how mnay times did he get stuck in at the back and clear the ball? if all of them had worked as hard as him we would not have been relegated.

Our problem is we can't replace everyone, we really need to sort our Cm's and strikers out along with probably a defender or two, so if he's willing to take a pay cut and stay then I'll be ok with him staying for one more season as long as he can do a job against championship opposition.

Worst news of the day!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think Duff deserves respect.  He may have not shown great ability but he's always worked his arse off, cared and I think for a player like him, who despite his poor seasons could get a move based on reputation, means alot.

We surely can get hard working players for much much better value for money!

I think Duff deserves respect.  He may have not shown great ability but he's always worked his arse off, cared and I think for a player like him, who despite his poor seasons could get a move based on reputation, means alot.

My arse. He's hidden in almost every game he's played since he arrived. Scared to demand the ball, scared to attempt to cross, scared to try to beat his opponent, scared to have a shot.

My arse. He's hidden in almost every game he's played since he arrived. Scared to demand the ball, scared to attempt to cross, scared to try to beat his opponent, scared to have a shot.

I sense a theme in this post.  :aww:

I sense a theme in this post.  :aww:

It's true though, he is one of those players that goes missing, although he's pulled his finger out since going to LB.

I disagree with hidden.  He doesn't pull the trigger enough true, he's certainly been flawed in several areas, but he's never hidden, and never been scared to demand the ball.

I think he was happy to coast along not being blamed in a mid-table side, as soon as relegation became a really big possibility he tried to take responsibility. Got to do a lot more than that to win me over and I don't really care if he stays or not

If he'll take a wage cut we should keep him; we're unlikely to attract better. If he wants to keep his current wage he'll be told to go and find another club - Sunderland we're after him if I remember.

More than happy for him to stay, if he takes the pay cut, think he could be huge for us next season.

Although, talking the talk about staying is one thing I'm sure we will see plenty of others doing the same before jumping on the first offer that comes under their greedy noses.

wouldnt mind he left....we could do better with a younger and cheaper player......should we win promotion after next season we will need to replace him anyway! Think there are better options available!

The guy is utter fucking toss and i will be so fucking annoyed if he is still in our first team next season. At the close of the last three transfer windows, i've been sincerely pissed off seeing him in our starting 11... a fourth one, at a time where we're in the Championship... that would just take the fucking biscuit. It's the fact that we didn't replace total wasters like Duff for why we're down. If we're pinpointing individual squad members for our relegation, then Duff is right up there.

Why would he take a pay cut? He has a contract, no way he will voluntarily take a pay cut. I think he'll be sold to get the wage bill down, along with the rest of the high earners, whatever he says today he'll be away (if an offer comes in).

And for those saying he'd be 'good in the Championship'..... going down a tier doesn't all of a sudden upgrade a player's particular attributes. He still won't be able to cross, beat a man, or shoot. And for a winger that can't cross - for the money we've spent on him - he can just get stuffed tbh. And yeah, i know, Jonas can't cross either.