Championship Players

Dan Gleebals

Why would Doyle or Hunt join us? They want out of this league desperately, theres more chance of promotion staying at Reading next year than coming here and would both cost a fortune.

Makes no sense.

You see it's this kind of stupid comment that gets me. Reading are in no shape or form a better bet for auto promotion than us, that's complete and utter garbage.

Guest WashyGeordie

Matejovsky, Commons, Scotland, Doyle, Beckford, Fryatt, off the top of my head would be good shouts.

We'll need a couple of strikers, i want Xisco to stay and have his chance. However i would never, ever want 'Big Andy' leading the line next year, he's just the type that would mean we don't get promoted, he's never really shown much tbh bar a couple of goals. Horrible player that would basically symbolise everything i don't want us to become, cloggers.

We've been to scout him on a regular basis, (Cox) touted at about £2.5mil.

"Cox finished the 2008-09 season as joint top scorer in the Football League (all 4 divisions) with 29 League goals, along with Bristol Rovers' Rickie Lambert." Wiki

Trundle is a bit of a freak show IMO

;D  Honest, not serious..

was a breath of fresh air for us at the time but wouldn't make it in our team now.

;D   Honest, not serious..

was a breath of fresh air for us at the time but wouldn't make it in our team now.

Sorry m8, just not his biggest fan.  :undecided:

Looking at some of the best players in the SPL might not be a bad idea.

Good idea in my opinion. Rangers are skint and would take a decent bid for anyone. Can't see any of the good ones coming here though after Rangers won the league. There's a few talents that could be picked up i.e andrew driver, wallace i've heard positive things about

Half of McCormack's goals were penaties.

He's still a quality player. When I've seen him play at left wing for scotland he's looked very good, quick and dangerous. He can take a decent freekick too!

Guest Taffywolf

There's a lot of good talent in that league. Joe ledley, McCormack, Doyle, Scotland, hunt, harper, routledge, st ledger, kilgannon all top players but not household names. 

There's a lot of good talent in that league. Joe ledley, McCormack, Doyle, Scotland, hunt, harper, routledge, st ledger, kilgannon all top players but not household names. 

My wifes half brother

There's some good relatively unknown young ones coming through. Aside from Naughton, Shelvey and Beevers there's the likes of Martin at Swansea, Darcy Blake at Cardiff, Adam Lallana of Southampton, Ross Jenkins of Watford, Cody McDonald at Norwich, Lloyd James at Southampton looked decent when I saw him, Owen Garvan at Ipshit as well as a fair amount of youngsters at Crystal Palace. Expect a couple of these to start making an impact next season on a decent scale.

There's some good relatively unknown young ones coming through. Aside from Naughton, Shelvey and Beevers there's the likes of Martin at Swansea, Darcy Blake at Cardiff, Adam Lallana of Southampton, Ross Jenkins of Watford, Cody McDonald at Norwich, Lloyd James at Southampton looked decent when I saw him, Owen Garvan at Ipshit as well as a fair amount of youngsters at Crystal Palace. Expect a couple of these to start making an impact next season on a decent scale.

Is Ross Jenkins offspring to the legendary Ross Jenkins that played for you in the late 70's-early '80's GG?

I wonder where our scouts are right now. IF we have a good scouting network out in europe/world we should be able to find some good players who can do a nice job for a decent price.

But i dont think we should be going for too many foreigners as they would probably need time to adapt and all that.

But one or two who maybe can give us that little extra..

Is Ross Jenkins offspring to the legendary Ross Jenkins that played for you in the late 70's-early '80's GG?

Nope, completely unrelated. How uncanny eh?

Is he a centre forward?

Is he a centre forward?

Central midfielder in the 'Carrick' mould. It's be pretty funny if he were a striker, doubt he'd be as good as the Jenkins though.

Is he a centre forward?

Central midfielder in the 'Carrick' mould. It's be pretty funny if he were a striker, doubt he'd be as good as the Jenkins though.

He was a very good player for sure..him and Luther were a great partnership.