First out of the door

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking further down the track at the Summer transfer window, and with a sense of trepidation i can see Ranger offloaded as well.

Alot of potential there, and a cheeky bid - lets say 2m as a ballpark figure - from a mid-table/second tier outfit - ie. Fulham - should be enough to persuade Ashley/Llambarse snap up any mooted written cheque that's placed under their respective noses, especially if the player in question is making the wrong noises with regards to his own future here & personal ambition/playing goals etc.

I'd add Aston Villa to any list of potential suitors, going by their recent buying record relating to their interest in & their snapping up the highest rated talent in the U19 ranks, or thereabouts when talking about the age demographic of the talent pool. Their reported interest in Delph is one example, and the higher profile & expensive purchases of Agonlahor & Milner are others.

Ranger's immediate future here is in doubt imo.

Didn't he just sign a new improved contract here recently? Seemed pretty happy up here as well from his quotes.

and to go along with that, - and approaching what you're saying from a different angle, in terms of Ranger's worth in the transfer market - played a decent game on debut for England U19's as well.

Didn't he make an impression on the scoresheet? If so, and with respect to the various clubs/scouts who keep tabs on such games, it represents decent news for the club's/Ashley's spreadsheets - given that we are & have been selling club under the current ownership, that's before the emergence of the current & relegation induced player clear-out.

Looking further down the track at the Summer transfer window, and with a sense of trepidation i can see Ranger offloaded as well.

Alot of potential there, and a cheeky bid - lets say 2m as a ballpark figure - from a mid-table/second tier outfit - ie. Fulham - should be enough to persuade Ashley/Llambarse snap up any mooted written cheque that's placed under their respective noses, especially if the player in question is making the wrong noises with regards to his own future here & personal ambition/playing goals etc.

I'd add Aston Villa to any list of potential suitors, going by their recent buying record relating to their interest in & their snapping up the highest rated talent in the U19 ranks, or thereabouts when talking about the age demographic of the talent pool. Their reported interest in Delph is one example, and the higher profile & expensive purchases of Agonlahor & Milner are others.

He came through their youth didn't he?

Also, was it not rumoured SPurs were sniffing around Ranger in Jan? Sure I remember whisperings of £1m being mooted.

edit: without quoting your other post as well, I'm pretty sure he was a second half sub for the u19s and hit the post near the end in a 0-0. Could be wrong mind.

Also, was it not rumoured SPurs were sniffing around Ranger in Jan? Sure I remember whisperings of £1m being mooted.

He did.

edit: without quoting your other post as well, I'm pretty sure he was a second half sub for the u19s and hit the post near the end in a 0-0. Could be wrong mind.

Apologies.

I meant Reo-Coker. Point still stands with regard to the sort of player - ie. kids who have impressed at the respective u19 & u21 levels on the international stage - O'Neil has targeted since taking the Villa post.

I think next week will be the start of the various stories of players wanting to leave. They've let things settle for a week, probably under their agents advice and I'm sure we'll see the likes of Martins, Colocinni and Owen say they have no desire to play in the championship.

Apologies.

I meant Reo-Coker. Point still stands with regard to the sort of player - ie. kids who have impressed at the respective u19 & u21 levels on the international stage - O'Neil has targeted since taking the Villa post.

I'm with you. Coulc say the same for Young as well.

Pendant kicks into overdrive sometimes.

More quotes from McKay in the Guardian tonight saying Barton doesn't want to leave.

Because he's on a fucking huge wedge.

Wouldn't he stand to make more money if there's a transfer in the offing though?

Edit - you mean Barton. :blush:

Everton manager David Moyes wants to offer Newcastle striker Michael Owen a chance to extend his Premier League career.

(Full story: Daily Mail)

Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins is set to undergo groin surgery, putting on hold his proposed £7.5m move to Italian side Fiorentina.

(Full story: Daily Star)

Blackburn and Bolton interested in Barton at £2m

two other clubs interested in Smith

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/29/joey-barton-newcastle-united-alan-shearer

Joey Barton will not be forced out of Newcastle, says agent

Joey Barton's agent has warned Newcastle United that the troubled midfielder will not be pushed out of St James' Park this summer. Alan Shearer has made it clear to Mike Ashley that if he is to become the relegated club's manager full-time, Barton's presence cannot be tolerated and there will be no place for him in his squad.

Newcastle's owner is in full agreement and hopes Barton's £64,000-a-week wages will shortly be removed from the payroll, but Willie McKay suggested that Barton is in no hurry to be moved on and may dig his heels in. "Joey has three years left on his contract at Newcastle," said McKay. "He doesn't want to leave."

Barton spent the latter stages of the season serving an indefinite suspension from the club following a verbal attack on Shearer in the dressing room after his sending off in a defeat against Liverpool.

Ashley is believed to have taken legal advice on the possibilities of sacking a player whose Tyneside tenure has been scarred by, among other things, a stint in prison, but instead opted to quietly move the player on this summer.

Although Barton – who knows he would not be welcomed back with open arms and could be isolated were he to report for pre-season training on 1 July – would prefer to play Premier League football, he does not want to take a pay cut.

Despite his chequered past, several managers remain enamoured of his undeniable talent and Bolton's Gary ­Megson and Blackburn's Sam Allardyce, who brought him to Newcastle from Manchester City for £5.8m two years ago, are believed to be weighing up offers. Bolton had a £2m bid for Barton rebuffed by Joe Kinnear in January, but Newcastle would happily accept the same sum now to be rid of him and his costly remuneration.

Megson and Allardyce could, however, face competition from Harry Redknapp. It is understood Tottenham have made an inquiry about Barton. Yet, asked about his client possibly transferring to Bolton, Blackburn or Spurs, Mckay said: "No, no, no, there's nothing doing – Joey has a three-year contract left at Newcastle."

What a spongeing scumbag. Burned his bridges with Shearer but hanging on like a limpet for the money. This is everything that is wrong with our club, hopefully some other club will be stupid enough to offer him the sort of money which will persuade him to shift his greedy fat arse out of Newcastle.

Guest toonlass

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/29/joey-barton-newcastle-united-alan-shearer

Joey Barton will not be forced out of Newcastle, says agent

Joey Barton's agent has warned Newcastle United that the troubled midfielder will not be pushed out of St James' Park this summer. Alan Shearer has made it clear to Mike Ashley that if he is to become the relegated club's manager full-time, Barton's presence cannot be tolerated and there will be no place for him in his squad.

Newcastle's owner is in full agreement and hopes Barton's £64,000-a-week wages will shortly be removed from the payroll, but Willie McKay suggested that Barton is in no hurry to be moved on and may dig his heels in. "Joey has three years left on his contract at Newcastle," said McKay. "He doesn't want to leave."

Barton spent the latter stages of the season serving an indefinite suspension from the club following a verbal attack on Shearer in the dressing room after his sending off in a defeat against Liverpool.

Ashley is believed to have taken legal advice on the possibilities of sacking a player whose Tyneside tenure has been scarred by, among other things, a stint in prison, but instead opted to quietly move the player on this summer.

Although Barton – who knows he would not be welcomed back with open arms and could be isolated were he to report for pre-season training on 1 July – would prefer to play Premier League football, he does not want to take a pay cut.

Despite his chequered past, several managers remain enamoured of his undeniable talent and Bolton's Gary ­Megson and Blackburn's Sam Allardyce, who brought him to Newcastle from Manchester City for £5.8m two years ago, are believed to be weighing up offers. Bolton had a £2m bid for Barton rebuffed by Joe Kinnear in January, but Newcastle would happily accept the same sum now to be rid of him and his costly remuneration.

Megson and Allardyce could, however, face competition from Harry Redknapp. It is understood Tottenham have made an inquiry about Barton. Yet, asked about his client possibly transferring to Bolton, Blackburn or Spurs, Mckay said: "No, no, no, there's nothing doing – Joey has a three-year contract left at Newcastle."

What a spongeing scumbag. Burned his bridges with Shearer but hanging on like a limpet for the money. This is everything that is wrong with our club, hopefully some other club will be stupid enough to offer him the sort of money which will persuade him to shift his greedy fat arse out of Newcastle.

Don't believe anything Willie McKay says man. Barton will be at Blackburn come August.