Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

He was our best player for a long while.

Eh?

What? He was.

No he wasn't. He did OK by his standards.

Exactly he was alright going forward but didn't do anymore than the minimum you would expect from your left winger. Didn't offer anything defensively and had a tendency to go missing from the left hand side in the first half - although for all I know he could have been told to do so by AP.

I will concede that he was a little unlucky though - on another day he could have picked up a couple of assists - the through ball to Ba, the cross which Ba somehow managed to test Cech from and even the through ball that hit the back of Ben Arfa's heels. 

• 1 month later...

On his way out?

free to leave

Anything prompted this (other than our new signing) or just thinking out loud?

I do think someone could go as we have a surplus of mediocre forwards. Likely him as I don't see Shola going and I like Best.

Can just see him being in the same boat as Smith but Smith will stay and take his wages, think Lovelypants wants to play football and would move for that reason.

Is he still injured though ?

He'll not go in Jan with Ba and Cisse away.

:thup: And I hate to say it, but I wouldn't want him to tbh. The only player I'd be happy with us getting rid of this January is Smith. Otherwise, I'd like us to hold on to everyone until the summer at which point then we can shift out the rest of the slightly useful but upgradeable backup like Loven.

He'll see out his contract until the end of the season like Smith.

Despite them two being frequently grouped together Lovenkrands has been a far better servant for us.

Loven doesn't deserve any abuse at all, sometimes we got pissed off with him when he got games and we wanted someone else in there but it wasn't his fault. He's a good lad and better than many have made him out to be, I hope he ends his career well with a newly promoted PL team

Loven doesn't deserve any abuse at all, sometimes we got p*ssed off with him when he got games and we wanted someone else in there but it wasn't his fault. He's a good lad and better than many have made him out to be, I hope he ends his career well with a newly promoted PL team

O0

Loven's a good guy and an honest, tenacious pro. As a footballer he's one or two steps up from Alan Smith.

O0

Always gives 100% when called upon even though mostly his 100% falls below what is required on the day. But gets my thanks for the effort.

It does annoy me as he seems like the nicest guy around, its just he isnt good enough. Time will judge him as a good signing though...a premier league goals, quite a few in the championship, a few in the cups...all on a free, from Germany...

just a shame we didnt get him about 4 years younger really.

think he'll end up back in scotland with rangers. in january or the summer, im not sure.

Hopefully he gets a good club at a lower level (not passing judgement on rangers here) and sees some playing time. He deserves to play and can offer a lot to a club when he fits into their plans.

It does annoy me as he seems like the nicest guy around, its just he isnt good enough. Time will judge him as a good signing though...a premier league goals, quite a few in the championship, a few in the cups...all on a free, from Germany...

Agreed, he has done a fine job at times for us, hope we don't need to call on him again though.

He wasn't good enough then, either.

I reckon the club would rather keep him till the end of the season instead of letting him leave for peanuts now. While Ba's away with Cisse, I can imagine Pardew wants to keep his forward options open. Besides Shola, Best and Lovenkrands, I can't think of anyone fit in the first team who we can call on if desperate striker-wise.

Rather Lovenkrands on the bench during ACoN than another Shefki Kuqi style signing. Jesus.