Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Guthrie is the only one with a chance of staying, due to his wage being the equivalent of ten Mars Bars per week. He's still got to be struggling, though, if Abeid and Vuckic continue to push-on and Cabaye/Tiote don't look like leaving come June.

Isn't Guthrie's 2013?

I thought it was those three only from the senior squad this summer - just checked and .com have him down as 2012. They're not infallible by any means, but tend to be pretty decent on this stuff.

:dontknow:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Probably right, come to think about it I've heard it mentioned- think we were "set to" offer him a new contract last year with him being out next summer. Would have thought it was a 5 year contract in the style of Colo and Jonas though.

I think the main problem with Lovenkrands is he's just not a good footballer. If he's not scoring goals he might as well not be on the pitch, and he generally only scores against Championship standard teams.

This.

Can't fault the guy for his efforts tbf. Seems like he loves playing for the club and always gives 100% when he plays (unlike another one of our strikers). But just doesn't contribute anything if he isn't scoring.

I've always found him weirdly likeable even if he's obviously not quite good enough, but not for want of trying really. Our squad is thin so really any backup is welcome for now, but once we've got some reinforcements in should be let go to some championship squad, how long is left on his contract? I don't like letting such players languish on a bench, seems a bit cruel.

• 1 month later...

Was a good servant for the club after the relegation season. But, frankly, he's no good to us anymore, especially not in the Premiership. Even as a sub or backup he doesn't offer any threat - much like Smith in respect of the fact that he's a wasted space on the bench.

I quite like him, we got him on free and he did very well for us, been a pro throughout his time and the club and actually dosn't have a bad goal-scoring record with us. good luck to him what ever he decides.

Same, he's a good pro and has contributed a decent amount, just now is the right time to move him on.

Guest Roger Kint

Dunno why we're even offering him a new contract.

We're not. That's kind of the point.

Read the article

The article doesnt say that he has been offered one though. Says Pardew would like him to sign 'but i cant wait for that' suggesting it may only be a short term deal offered at the end of the season.

Good bloke, good servant getting us back up and at times last season but we need better players. Wish him all the best, hopefully will get a decent upper Championship team or something.

I can see the logic in keeping him on for another year as backup, but I'd rather we allowed him to leave and gave a long-term contract to Sammy, as well as factoring in the apparent signing of Maiga.

Never disliked the guy as I've always thought he gives 100% whenever he plays. Just think sometimes he becomes anonymous in games and I really can't see him getting into the first team with the form Ba and Best are in, especially with HBA coming back as well.

One thing I've always liked about him though is that he always acknowledges the fans. Every away game I've been to he's always came over to the away fans and acknowledged there support. Barton used to do this all the time as well. Might just be me being petty but one of my football pet hates is when players don't acknowledge supporters after the game/when coming of :p

Good lad, actually had a dream about him scoring a few last night but time to go. As much as I love the guy we shouldn't have offered Shola a new contract so definitely not Loven. Would prefer us to sign a forward in January then give the likes of Sammy/Vuckic a chance next season when required.