Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Guest WashyGeordie

I reckon the club would rather keep him till the end of the season instead of letting him leave for peanuts now. While Ba's away with Cisse, I can imagine Pardew wants to keep his forward options open. Besides Shola, Best and Lovenkrands, I can't think of anyone fit in the first team who we can call on if desperate striker-wise.

Rather Lovenkrands on the bench during ACoN than another Shefki Kuqi style signing. Jesus.

Would rather have peanuts than no peanuts in the summer.

If we were to sell him now, and Prior's good enough, I think we should give him a contract 'til the summer atleast and let Loven go.

I'd hold him in a higher regard than Kevin Gallagher, like. Lovenkrands' scoring record is better than 1 in 2 for us and he was integral to our promotion campaign. Can understand the comparison, though - people just don't wanna like him! :razz:

I'd hold him in a higher regard than Kevin Gallagher, like. Lovenkrands' scoring record is better than 1 in 2 for us and he was integral to our promotion campaign. Can understand the comparison, though - people just don't wanna like him! :razz:

22 league goals in 71.

???

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Was a big goalscoring threat at home in the Championship and gave his all last year, even managing a few goals. Good bloke, hopefully he moves on and gets some football near the end of his career.

I have no problem seeing Loven play during this period. FFS how can anyone be less effective than Shola has been?

Loven runs, chases things down and this may force defenders into errors that we can benefit from.

If Shola plays ahead of him in the next game then Pardew needs his head looked at.

I have no problem seeing Loven play during this period. FFS how can anyone be less effective than Shola has been?

Loven runs, chases things down and this may force defenders into errors that we can benefit from.

If Shola plays ahead of him in the next game then Pardew needs his head looked at.

still rather push ben arfa on and even play raylor on the right.

He's surely a better option than Strola.

Dont think so. I will admit he is much better at getting sent off though  :D

Besides, we cannot play him and risk an injury thereby ruling him out of his dream move to QPR  :iamatwat:

He's surely a better option than Strola.

Dont think so. I will admit he is much better at getting sent off though  :D

Besides, we cannot play him and risk an injury thereby ruling him out of his dream move to QPR  :iamatwat:

Sorry, I meant Lovenkrands not Smith. :lol:

I should read the last few posts more often!

• 2 weeks later...

We've had an enquiry for him, according to the Pardosaurus:

ALAN PARDEW says he won't "go back" for Adrian Mariappa if he fails to land his defensive target today.

The Watford centre-back is believed to have been subject of a fourth bid by United.

And Pardew told Chroniclelive: "On the front of Watford, we've made a last offer to them, and we won't go back.

"We'll see where that goes

"I'm kind of 50 per cent hopeful he'll arrive.

"If he doesn't, no one else will come in, and we'll go with what we've got."

And Pardew is hoping that means none of his bigger guns departing Tyneside.

He said: "I'm hoping, with all the big players we've got, that we'll have nothing to worry about.

"There might be a couple of little ones - it depends on the phone calls."

United have had three bids for James Tavernier, Peter Lovenkrands and James Perch.

Pardew said: "There's a shout for Tav.

"There's been an enquiry about Lovenkrands, and there's also been an enquiry about Perch.

"No other bids for anybody else."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/31/pardew-staying-cool-in-final-few-hours-of-transfer-window-72703-30236927/#ixzz1l3IzApmJ

Wonder if we'll be tempted to let him go, given the imminent return of the Dembii? I'm assuming it'll be a loan with a view to a permanent contract when his expires in the summer.

Really undecided if I want him to leave. He's going to be fifth choice by the weekend but I'd really like to see him on the bench tomorrow, worried that if Shola or Best picked up a knock we'd have no strikers on the bench to replace them. Prefer him to Shola as well of course.