Tamas Kadar

Skirge

Yep, I'm happy that van Aanholt filled it well when he came but I still think we should have just played Kadar during that time.

I said that at the time, we gave that experience to a Chelsea player who was younger than Kadar and we've done the same more recently with Hall who will probably be going back to QPR at the end of the season. :idiot2:

Not forgetting that Hall is pretty useless too.

Hall has been fine when he's played. Baffling comment.

He's been average, just like the rest of his career. The game that stands out for me is against Bristol City, when he barely won a thing in the air mainly due to him not getting off the ground for some strange reason. Kadar won more in the air than he did when he came on.

Bringing in average defenders like Hall and Khizanishvili was a decent move by Hughton but they should only have been backup and not been chosen ahead of our own talent, halting their progression in the process.

Guest Heneage

The likes of Kadar, Ranger and even Soderberg should be loaned next season, we will never truly gauge how good they are till they are put in professional games.

The likes of Kadar, Ranger and even Soderberg should be loaned next season, we will never truly gauge how good they are till they are put in professional games.

Kadar and Ranger have both been given professional games and let nobody down, we know what they can do.

I could have swore I've seen them play in professional games for us.

Guest Heneage

They've played for a team that's cruised a league, give them games with teams who aren't bookies favourite every week. It will improve them as players  and be a much sterner test. I'm also quite sure most of their games have been at home, which in this league is a totally different type of game.

They've played for a team that's cruised a league, give them games with teams who aren't bookies favourite every week. It will improve them as players  and be a much sterner test. I'm also quite sure most of their games have been at home, which in this league is a totally different type of game.

You can learn as much playing for a good team as a bad one, sometimes a lot more as you have time to develop as you’re not always under pressure.

Guest Heneage

You can learn as much playing for a good team as a bad one, sometimes a lot more as you have time to develop as you’re not always under pressure.

You can also become lazy as you are never really tested.

You can also become lazy as you are never really tested.

Becoming lazy would say more about the player than the level he was playing at, I would prefer to see kids given a chance in a good team than poor one.  It's not only about them developing as players it's also about becoming familiar with the players around them and the team they play for.  Our kids would have learned as much playing here as they would anywhere else.  It’s not just about playing a good game it's about being comfortable in the team and where you play.

Some players are great for one team and then move on and fail to produce because they don’t settle or the team plays a different game to the one which they were used to.

• 2 weeks later...

Kadar waits on injury news

Newcastle United defender Tamas Kadar is hoping his hamstring injury will not force him to miss the remaining weeks of the season.

The Hungarian was starting just his sixth Championship game of the campaign in Saturday's 4-1 win over Blackpool and helped to create the opening goal for Jonas Gutierrez.

However, he was substituted before the end of the first half and has now been ruled out of Tuesday's trip to Reading, with Jose Enrique set to return at left-back.

Kadar is still waiting to learn the full extent of his injury and is determined to play his part in helping the Magpies secure the Championship title.

Hopeful

"Maybe my injury is not so serious, but the doctors still can't give the final diagnosis," Kadar told Pepsifoci.

"I was happy to be chosen in the starting line-up and the game started perfectly for me as I made an assist.

"I passed to Gutierrez and he scored a goal, but this was the moment when I injured my left hamstring. I hope it's not torn, but only strained.

"I'm very hopeful because I want to play more games this season. So far, I just have to wait for the doctors to say how much I'm allowed to train."

Source: Sky Sports

Guest firetotheworks

He sounds a bit of a c*** iyam.  Seems to be all about me, as oppose to it being all about the team.

Fucking hell man. Never has 'have a word' been more appropriate.

Guest firetotheworks

Nee bother.  I'll retract my statement in 2 years time when he's turning out for Wigan, and claiming that he wants to move to a bigger club.

Whatever you say Rainman.

Nee bother.  I'll retract my statement in 2 years time when he's turning out for Wigan, and claiming that he wants to move to a bigger club.

Whatever you say Rainman.

???

Young players in the main are very much about "I"rather than "team" they are looking for the game time to show they are worth a 3+ year deal that over its life span is worth 100's of thousands of pounds .

Also, when interviewed he will be asked about his injury and his performance in certain games... then then reporter chooses what to print.

It's not like Kadar's ringing the local press shouting 'I'm the greatest of all time, fuck Newcastle Utd'.

Guest Heneage

Any grounds for that opinion?

Sarcasm mate....

He says nothing untoward there it's just :"I'm injured, I hope it's not a bad injury."

If there was one thing that I was looking forward to this season, it was seeing the likes of Kadar, Lua Lua, Donaldson etc. There have been plenty of opportunities for Kadar to play and the fact Hughton was willing to make pointless signings like Hall and Pancrate does concern me. Pancake has done nothing, apart from that goal against Watford. Every minute he has spent on the pitch has been a waste. He has no future at the club and prevented the likes of Lua Lua from getting first team experience.

I think Kadar could have filled in in January and done just as good a job as Van Aanholt (who I would like us to go for in the summer). The same goes for Fitz Hall. OK, he's a good Championship defender, but if QPR don't want him, it speaks volumes.