Tamas Kadar

Skirge

Yep, I'm happy that van Aanholt filled it well when he came but I still think we should have just played Kadar during that time.

I said that at the time, we gave that experience to a Chelsea player who was younger than Kadar and we've done the same more recently with Hall who will probably be going back to QPR at the end of the season.   :idiot2:

Not forgetting that Hall is pretty useless too.

Yep, I'm happy that van Aanholt filled it well when he came but I still think we should have just played Kadar during that time.

I said that at the time, we gave that experience to a Chelsea player who was younger than Kadar and we've done the same more recently with Hall who will probably be going back to QPR at the end of the season.   :idiot2:

This was an ideal opportunity to give Kadar some game time. This is one thing I think Hughton fucked up on. Otherwise good game, good game.

I bet the deal for van Aaholt involved him actually playing. And we had to get someone in. Zero cover otherwise if Kadar had picked up an injury.

Van Aanholt came in on loan, we could have played Kadar and brought somebody in on loan if Kadar was injured.

I bet the deal for van Aaholt involved him actually playing. And we had to get someone in. Zero cover otherwise if Kadar had picked up an injury.

Van Aanholt came in on loan, we could have played Kadar and brought somebody in on loan if Kadar was injured.

So you know the terms of the van Aanholt loan agreement?

We will lose a lot more this summer than last summer I think.  A few people (such as Kadar) are going to think to themselves "we just spent a season in the Championship where I thought I was going to get more minutes but didn't" and be looking for new pastures.

Not forgetting that Hall is pretty useless too.

Hall has been fine when he's played. Baffling comment.

No I don't and have never claimed that, read my post again, what I said was that we could have played Kadar and brought somebody in if Kadar was injured.

This was an ideal opportunity to give Kadar some game time. This is one thing I think Hughton f***ed up on. Otherwise good game, good game.

We did the same with Lua Lua when we brought Pancreas in and we've done the same in a different way to Ranger when bringing in Best, a player who will have very little use in a few weeks as he's never going to be a Premiership player from what I've seen of him.

Loan signings like Khiz & One Size have got him thinking that much is obvious. We cant just force him onto a CCC team, someone has to be interested & willing to pay some £££'s while at the same time consider who they have in there team & own youth ranks. NUFC cant pick & choose where he goes as the reasons stated previously but if I had my choice I would see if Debrecen were interested in taking for a season they are 2nd in the Hungarian league atm but due mega wedge by for getting into the CL group stages this season so will have a good team next year. They have a few Hungarian Internationale defenders who could help bring him on, I also think a year back in Hungary could do wonders for him as he left home at young age.

Debrecen is a world away from Kadar's hometown -- the other end of the country, and the only protestant bit of Hungary. Be like sending a Geordie boy "home" to Plymouth.

And anyway, the Hungarian league is really, really crap. Probably worse preparation for the PL than the Championship.

I know exactly where it is as a keen follower CL football this year :thup:

I think a stint back "home" would do him good & he would get CL/Euro football but again that is my thoughts. We cant bung players where we want it just does not work like that at all.

I think a stint back "home" would do him good & he would get CL/Euro football but again that is my thoughts. We cant bung players where we want it just does not work like that at all.

The trouble with that is that he could become home sick, he had settled in so keeping him would make more sense as long as he's getting games.

This was an ideal opportunity to give Kadar some game time. This is one thing I think Hughton f***ed up on. Otherwise good game, good game.

We did the same with Lua Lua when we brought Pancreas in and we've done the same in a different way to Ranger when bringing in Best, a player who will have very little use in a few weeks as he's never going to be a Premiership player from what I've seen of him.

We sent Lua Lua out on loan where we would get more regular games which is better for him in the long run (well if it wasn't for the injury).

Wasn't he injured for quite a while at the start of the season too?

I would have liked to have seen more of Kadar this season, problem is if we did jsut play Kadar and call someone in if he got injured I doubt Van Aanholt would have still been available and what's to say we could have gotten someone else in so easily?

No I don't and have never claimed that, read my post again, what I said was that we could have played Kadar and brought somebody in if Kadar was injured.

Well, given that we don't know that, I think my explanation for Kadar not getting played much is as likely as any other.

The trouble with that is that he could become home sick, he had settled in so keeping him would make more sense as long as he's getting games.

I think he will be more than happy if he is told he is one of the 4 CB for next season.

We sent Lua Lua out on loan where we would get more regular games which is better for him in the long run (well if it wasn't for the injury).

Wasn't he injured for quite a while at the start of the season too?

I would have liked to have seen more of Kadar this season, problem is if we did jsut play Kadar and call someone in if he got injured I doubt Van Aanholt would have still been available and what's to say we could have gotten someone else in so easily?

I know we sent Lua Lua out on loan and that he was injured earlier in the season and has been but is no longer injured at Brighton.  That wouldn't have prevented him getting more games here when almost everybody was saying that we needed Guthrie in the centre and which has since been proven to be right.

As for Van Aanholt possibly not being available later, he's not the only left back, why did it have to be him and not somebody else as cover?

Well, given that we don't know that, I think my explanation for Kadar not getting played much is as likely as any other.

You're saying that we couldn't play Kadar because he may have been injured, that doesn't make sense and could apply to any player in our team. 

I didn't say that, I said what's to say we could have gotten someone else in so easily.

I don't claim to know the loan market and who is available, maybe there are loads of good youngsters available for loan, maybe they aren't. Just saying maybe it isn't as easy as needing a left back and a good one being instantly available so we took immediate action as we knew one was available at that time.

I think he will be more than happy if he is told he is one of the 4 CB for next season.

I hope that we do that and we could because if Steve Taylor stays he'll be needed at right back more than central defence.

I didn't say that, I said what's to say we could have gotten someone else in so easily.

I don't claim to know the loan market and who is available, maybe there are loads of good youngsters available for loan, maybe they aren't. Just saying maybe it isn't as easy as needing a left back and a good one being instantly available so we took immediate action as we knew one was available at that time.

We had one in Kadar so didn't need to bring one in, we should have been giving him games.

I hope that we do that and we could because if Steve Taylor stays he'll be needed at right back more than central defence.

Definitely, unless a quality right back becomes available (and realistic) then I would go for Taylor as first choice right back next season (if he is still here).

Would like to sign someone else in the centre, Colo, Williamson, Kadar and someone else as the 4. I know it won't happen but someone experienced in the premiership and decent at that level. I don't expect anyone of real class just someone to steady the ship while Colo is getting used to league again and the other two are settling into it for the first time properly.

You're saying that we couldn't play Kadar because he may have been injured, that doesn't make sense and could apply to any player in our team. 

You obviously didn't read MY post properly. I said that we had to get someone in, in case Kadar got injured, and that the agreement for that someone may well have involved the proviso that he get games -- that's the whole point for the loanee club/player, after all.

Definitely, unless a quality right back becomes available (and realistic) then I would go for Taylor as first choice right back next season (if he is still here).

Would like to sign someone else in the centre, Colo, Williamson, Kadar and someone else as the 4. I know it won't happen but someone experienced in the premiership and decent at that level. I don't expect anyone of real class just someone to steady the ship while Colo is getting used to league again and the other two are settling into it for the first time properly.

I know I mentioned Hall before but I wouldn't mind keeping him as cover, it would make sense as he seems to have settled in well and hasn't done anything wrong when played.

You obviously didn't read MY post properly. I said that we had to get someone in, in case Kadar got injured, and that the agreement for that someone may well have involved the proviso that he get games -- that's the whole point for the loanee club/player, after all.

That doesn't make sense if it's preventing Kadar from playing for us while we have a player in on loan, Kadar was our player and in need of games, especially at this level.  If bringing in Van Aanholt meant that he had to play and that Kadar couldn't because of that then Van Aanholt shouldn't have been brought in.