RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IF the big man comes back and IF Shearer takes the job i cant see Shearer accepting the shyte Wor willy was offering up.

Been barred from operating on the isles anyway, hasn't he? 

Has he, not sure??? I remember seeing him leaving court on crutches a while back but cant remember the outcome of his case.

Say what you like about Shepherd he always backed his managers, even thouigh it was money we didn't have.

But if he is purely a figure head for a group who are minted then maybe it could work but if he has all the control himself then he can f*** off.

But running day to day and trying to get the finances for the manager i'd be ok with.

He's still a f***ing blobby c*** mind.

Did he back his managers or spend money on players he wanted (or who Willy Mckay and the rest of his crony friends told him to get)? Seem to remember quotes from managers that the players we got weren't always who they wanted (e.g. Souness wanted Boa Morte and Anelka and got Owen and Luque)

The same Souness who thought £3m was a ridiculous fee for Robbie Keane?

Say what you like about Shepherd he always backed his managers, even thouigh it was money we didn't have.

But if he is purely a figure head for a group who are minted then maybe it could work but if he has all the control himself then he can f*** off.

But running day to day and trying to get the finances for the manager i'd be ok with.

He's still a f***ing blobby c*** mind.

Did he back his managers or spend money on players he wanted (or who Willy Mckay and the rest of his crony friends told him to get)? Seem to remember quotes from managers that the players we got weren't always who they wanted (e.g. Souness wanted Boa Morte and Anelka and got Owen and Luque)

The same Souness who thought £3m was a ridiculous fee for Robbie Keane?

:facepalm:

What would peoples reactions be if Anil Ambani came back into buy the club but it was too late because someone had already offered £100 Million (say FS consortium) and Mike Ashleys selfish scheme of 'first come first serve basis' was brought into play.

:facepalm: Tbh.

How long should we wait for a richer owner?  A month? Until the new season starts? A year?

I don't especially want FFS back at the club but I'd take him over waiting some indefinite amount of time for a different billionaire to come in.  Also, this isn't exactly the first opportunity Anil Ambani or some Geordie Abramovich has had to buy the club, if they haven't expressed an interest in us yet I'd not expect them to be that interested ever.

I wond

What would peoples reactions be if Anil Ambani came back into buy the club but it was too late because someone had already offered £100 Million (say FS consortium) and Mike Ashleys selfish scheme of 'first come first serve basis' was brought into play.

:facepalm: Tbh.

if ambani wants it, he still has time. im sure he has people who'll keep him updated on developments......so if he's too late, its his own fault.

I need to have my grandmother grab his hear and make him buy it like any good Indian boy would.

Could somebody please tell me whether the 100 million (Mike Ashley) loan will be written off or whether it will be added to the sales price i.e. 100m + 100m = actual price of club 200m...

Has this been specified anywhere???

Could somebody please tell me whether the 100 million (Mike Ashley) loan will be written off or whether it will be added to the sales price i.e. 100m + 100m = actual price of club 200m...

I cant see anyone paying 200 mil for a fcked championship side.

I cant see anyone paying 200 mil for a fcked championship side.

This, they could probably buy a PL club for that amount.

But that's the thing yes it looks like it costs £200m but the fact we wouldn't have to pay the other £100m upfront may still make us a team someone would want. I just won't believe anything until it's all been done and dusted and confirmed.

But that's the thing yes it looks like it costs £200m but the fact we wouldn't have to pay the other £100m upfront may still make us a team someone would want. I just won't believe anything until it's all been done and dusted and confirmed.

Oh, dont getme wrong.  Anything can happenw ith his mad house.  In my opinion I cant see anyone wanting to splash 100 mil on us then have to deal with another 100 mil on top of that before they even start looking at the squad/playing staff etc.

I just cant see a way out at the momoment.

Oh, dont getme wrong.  Anything can happenw ith his mad house.  In my opinion I cant see anyone wanting to splash 100 mil on us then have to deal with another 100 mil on top of that before they even start looking at the squad/playing staff etc.

I just cant see a way out at the momoment.

See I was thinking that at the start then I thought, hang on he wanted £400m when everyone thought he wanted £200m so I can see a drop from the Premiership only getting him to drop the clubs value to around £100m plus taking on the debt. That was then backed up by a few papers and SNN saying it did not include the debt and now i'm even more worried about getting shot of the club to someone else.

It won't sell if it is in reality 200m instead of 100m, or you would have to take a much larger risk than Ashley's if you did buy it for that amount.

I hope he is ready to lose more than half his investment or we are down the tubes.

I know, I'll get on the blower to that Harris bloke, he might know??

The more reliable reports say the £100 million debt to him was included, that's good enough for me. He simply couldn't sell the club if he was asking £200 million.

I know there is a few million pounds worth of debt as seen in the last figures that'll probably come on top of the £100 million but anyone interested shouldn't be put off by that due to the scale of the wage problems anyway. They've got to have some income that they can pump into the club because we'll ruin someone with just the £100 million.

Guest Wally_McFool

Dont really want Shepherd back at all but Shepherd being part of a consortium seems a better option to me than Shepherd being  the outright club owner.

I will reluctantly grin and bear it if the (original) Fat Cuntroller comes back as part of a consortium.

Like when he backed Bobby with just Bowyer when we needed to push on when we had the chance, or go for his own choices like Carr over Miguel etc. Meh. Besides, what is the point of backing managers when the managers you pick are for the most part penny dreadfuls.

Sorry, not having a go, just need to vent when there is a prospect of the fat man returning. O0

Just a shame most of the managers he picked were s***.

Souness blames the fans, it was not his fault.

Just a shame most of the managers he picked were s***.

Souness blames the fans, it was not his fault.

Exactly so when we end up in huge debts like Liverpool we can all celebrate

Guest johnson293

Like when he backed Bobby with just Bowyer when we needed to push on when we had the chance, or go for his own choices like Carr over Miguel etc. Meh. Besides, what is the point of backing managers when the managers you pick are for the most part penny dreadfuls.

Sorry, not having a go, just need to vent when there is a prospect of the fat man returning. O0

Aye, just like when he backed Souness with Owen and Luque instead of Anelka and Boa Morte, who probably would have cost about £13.5m less!!.

Didn't Sir Bobby also say (in his book) that Gary Speed was sold by Shepherd without his (SBR) knowledge - and he (FFS) even denied what he had lined up when confronted about it by SBR?

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, just like when he backed Souness with Owen and Luque instead of Anelka and Boa Morte.

Didn't Sir Bobby also say (in his book) that Gary Speed was sold by Shepherd without his (SBR) knowledge - and he even denied what he had lined up when confronted about it by SBR?

Yep, and Duncan Ferguson.

...and he went for Nicky Butt who was second on SBRs list to Michael Carrick.