RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest johnson293

It seems that 25% of people on here have got Alzheimer's if they have already forgotten what Shepherd did to this club and actually want the fucker back.

Regular European Football? One of the best grounds in Europe? Full houses? Breaking the world transfer record? Have you seen the list of clubs that have broken the WTR - Shepherd had real ambition, and delivered the goods for most of his tenure.

He was a bit of dick and f***ed up badly when he replaced SBR with Souness, but he should be judged on his achievements not just the failings of the post SBR era. 

Well I could buy the chip shop down the road and pump a whole load of money into it and make it a sweet looking gastro pub.

But 6 months later, I'd be re-mortgaging the house, the wife would have left, I'd have to declare bankrupcy, live on the street and hope skirges dog would give me some change.

The European runs, the ground and the full houses are all from Sir John Hall. Its not like he built the place from the ground up, he just had to move his stuff into the penthouse and buy some furniture.

Is this the same SJH who was the major shareholder until Ashley reared his ugly head?  You think he just let Shepherd run the show do you?

There’s a whole thread on this subject, the important issues are how much influence Shepherd would have, if he’s learnt from his mistakes and what benefits his experience might bring to the table.

Yes, the same SJH who had to take over again temporarily when his son and FFS were stung by the fake Sheik from  the NOTW... only to step aside again let them take their jobs back (though what Douglas' job was is anyones guess!) once the dust had settled.

The same SJH who happily sat and let Shepherd appoint Souness, then Roeder, then Allardyce.

Is it not alleged that it was SJH who wanted to get rid of Sir Bobby as well?

Guest fading star

It's a sad day in Newcastle's history when we're trying to justify Shepard possibly coming back.  Ugh.

It’s not about justifying anything, it’s about trying to look at the issue objectively.

We’re not in a position to be fussy and Shepherd has a wealth of relevant experience. He’s had the opportunity to learn from his mistakes - the Profitable group would be learning as they go along.

It's a sad day in Newcastle's history when we're trying to justify Shepard possibly coming back.  Ugh.

Its not about justifying anything, its about trying to look at the issue objectively.

Were not in a position to be fussy and Shepherd has a wealth of relevant experience. Hes had the opportunity to learn from his mistakes - the Profitable group would be learning as they go along.

Or Shepherd would continue making mistakes just like he was right up until he left - the Profitable Group might come in with new ideas & do really well, just like the Halls did at the outset.

There really is no way of knowing.

Its not about justifying anything, its about trying to look at the issue objectively.

Were not in a position to be fussy and Shepherd has a wealth of relevant experience. Hes had the opportunity to learn from his mistakes - the Profitable group would be learning as they go along.

Or Shepherd would continue making mistakes just like he was right up until he left - the Profitable Group might come in with new ideas & do really well, just like the Halls did at the outset.

The profitable group have no money.

MA will hold on till he can recoup player sales into his pocket. Watch and see.

Guest fading star

It seems that 25% of people on here have got Alzheimer's if they have already forgotten what Shepherd did to this club and actually want the fucker back.

Regular European Football? One of the best grounds in Europe? Full houses? Breaking the world transfer record? Have you seen the list of clubs that have broken the WTR - Shepherd had real ambition, and delivered the goods for most of his tenure.

He was a bit of dick and f***ed up badly when he replaced SBR with Souness, but he should be judged on his achievements not just the failings of the post SBR era. 

Well I could buy the chip shop down the road and pump a whole load of money into it and make it a sweet looking gastro pub.

But 6 months later, I'd be re-mortgaging the house, the wife would have left, I'd have to declare bankrupcy, live on the street and hope skirges dog would give me some change.

The European runs, the ground and the full houses are all from Sir John Hall. Its not like he built the place from the ground up, he just had to move his stuff into the penthouse and buy some furniture.

Is this the same SJH who was the major shareholder until Ashley reared his ugly head?  You think he just let Shepherd run the show do you?

There’s a whole thread on this subject, the important issues are how much influence Shepherd would have, if he’s learnt from his mistakes and what benefits his experience might bring to the table.

Yes, the same SJH who had to take over again temporarily when his son and FFS were stung by the fake Sheik from  the NOTW... only to step aside again let them take their jobs back (though what Douglas' job was is anyones guess!) once the dust had settled.

The same SJH who happily sat and let Shepherd appoint Souness, then Roeder, then Allardyce.

It’s common knowledge what Douglas did for his money, but the chances of finding a truly altruistic owner are zilch.

Of course Shepherd is innocent, when he was at the club before he was nothing more than an insignificant pawn in a far reaching and highly sophisticated game of chess    :whistle:

Guest fading star

It’s not about justifying anything, it’s about trying to look at the issue objectively.

We’re not in a position to be fussy and Shepherd has a wealth of relevant experience. He’s had the opportunity to learn from his mistakes - the Profitable group would be learning as they go along.

MA will hold on till he can recoup player sales into his pocket. Watch and see.

TV Revenue. Gate Receipts. Sponsorship. He’ll squeeze every penny he can out of the club as quickly as he can…. and then liquidate it.

It’s only a matter of time before he sells the naming rights to SJP?

Source

TV Revenue. Gate Receipts. Sponsorship. He’ll squeeze every penny he can out of the club as quickly as he can…. and then liquidate it.

It’s only a matter of time before he sells the naming rights to SJP?

:lol:

I assume you're joking..

Guest MrSundlofer

I want this club to be sold fast now.

I don't think Freddy Shepherd is the right man to buy Newcastle United  :thdn:  well, he probably loves the club, will spend money and appoint Shearer but he will also do and say things just to sell season tickets and get money in to his pocket. He made a bid on Wayne Rooney at Everton, money we didn't had.. And promised "big players want to sign for Newcastle"... He's almost like Mike Ashley.

I want the Profitable Group if they have the money. With this group we can get some organisation at the club. Steve McMahon and Kenny Dalglish can offer expertise in the background and Alan Shearer will be the manager.  :thup:

And the quotes:

"The plan we have in mind is to get the club on a sound financial footing first and foremost.

"Then we aim to turn the club into a trust.

"It will be very similar to the Barcelona model where fans have a major say on what happens at the club.

"Without any question we see Alan Shearer as the man to manage the team.

"Yes, we have Steve McMahon on board but he is not looking into management.

"He is though a football man and understands the game inside out.

"There is also scope to look at increasing the capacity to 60,000 which is being explored.

"We will look to give Alan money to spend and funds to build his squad"

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

The South Africans  :thup:  we have read the maybe have a lot of money. And that's what we need to rebuild the team.

Guest MrSundlofer

So basically you believe the people you've never even heard of? Weird.

Yes. I believe they may be a good option for this club if they have the money. Nothing weird about that.

Despite the experience with Ashley, I'd much rather we had a single owner than a consortium or some finance company. The owners of a football club have to do it for the pleasure and the status, and you're far more likely to find that with a single owner.

Unless you own Man U, there's no way you can make money. The best you can hope for is to break even. I can't see what's in it for someone in a ten-man consortium unless they're hoping to get some return on their investment.

Despite the experience with Ashley, I'd much rather we had a single owner than a consortium or some finance company. The owners of a football club have to do it for the pleasure and the status, and you're far more likely to find that with a single owner.

Unless you own Man U, there's no way you can make money. The best you can hope for is to break even. I can't see what's in it for someone in a ten-man consortium unless they're hoping to get some return on their investment.

The obvious investment opportunity would be to make the club successful and sell it on for a profit.  Just putting us back in the Premiership would increase our value to between £200m-£250m, push on from there and they could sell for far more.

Guest MrSundlofer

So basically you believe the people you've never even heard of? Weird.

Yes. I believe they may be a good option for this club if they have the money. Nothing weird about that.

Fat Mike had the money..

Really? I didn't see them...

What I meant by 'spot on' was appointing the right man and at the right time, something he'd never done previously

If Fat Sam was the right man at the right time why was he such an unmitigated disaster?

the change of owner played a massive part, obviously

Not really. He still managed to pick up the majority of his first choice transfer targets and arguably had the biggest backing of any of Ashley's managers. The performances and results simply weren't good enough and i've no doubt they'd have been the same under Shepherd.

I would not be surprised if part of Shepherds consortium was Alan Beansall. Head fella at Collingwood Insurance who were major sponsors at NUFC. He is also well in with TCS (<<good eh?) and pretty much had the run of SJP until Ashley rained him in.

It has to be said that given the plight the club is in due to Ashley anyone who doesn't want to see Fred back at the helm is a nutcase.

It seems some still haven't learned a thing. What is it going to take for some people to get it? Administration?

It has to be said that given the plight the club is in due to Ashley anyone who doesn't want to see Fred back at the helm is a nutcase.

It seems some still haven't learned a thing. What is it going to take for some people to get it? Administration?

it's like i'd rather have my leg sawn off (fred) as opposed to my head sawn off (ashley)

plenty given the choice between the two would rather have fred whilst thinking all in all it's a pretty shitty choice.

What's it going to take for some people to get that we're not going to be put into administration?

One more time:

The point of going into administration is to protect yourself from your creditors.

We have only one major creditor, his name is Mike Ashley.

Why would Mike Ashley want to protect Mike Ashley from Mike Ashley?

Bet people carping on about TPG haven't even looked at their dodgy website.

What's it going to take for some people to get that we're not going to be put into administration?

One more time:

The point of going into administration is to protect yourself from your creditors.

We have only one major creditor, his name is Mike Ashley.

Why would Mike Ashley want to protect Mike Ashley from Mike Ashley?

Tbf he does need protecting from himself.