RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It has to be said that given the plight the club is in due to Ashley anyone who doesn't want to see Fred back at the helm is a nutcase.

It seems some still haven't learned a thing. What is it going to take for some people to get it? Administration?

it's like i'd rather have my leg sawn off (fred) as opposed to my head sawn off (ashley)

plenty given the choice between the two would rather have fred whilst thinking all in all it's a pretty shitty choice.

It's hard to believe that even after everything that has gone on under Ashley you and others are still coming out with idiotic tripe such as the above.

To be more accurate it's any of:

Ambition as opposed to no ambition

knowledge of the game as opposed to no knowledge of the game

someone who cares as opposed to a cockney market trader in it for all he can get

Take your pick, they're all valid.

Fred is a massive step up from the wide-boy. I just hope if it happens it happens in time, because Ashley is going to take this club down at least another division if he stays much longer, he may even totally destroy the football club.

No doubt you'll still be trying to convince yourself that regular European football is no better and that Fred is just the same...

It has to be said that given the plight the club is in due to Ashley anyone who doesn't want to see Fred back at the helm is a nutcase.

It seems some still haven't learned a thing. What is it going to take for some people to get it? Administration?

it's like i'd rather have my leg sawn off (fred) as opposed to my head sawn off (ashley)

plenty given the choice between the two would rather have fred whilst thinking all in all it's a pretty shitty choice.

It's hard to believe that even after everything that has gone on under Ashley you and others are still coming out with idiotic tripe such as the above.

someone who cares as opposed to a cockney market trader in it for all he can get

Fred is a massive step up from the wide-boy. I just hope if it happens it happens in time, because Ashley is going to take this club down at least another division if he stays much longer, he may even totally destroy the football club.

No doubt you'll still be trying to convince yourself that regular European football is no better and that Fred is just the same...

What about those who'd rather chance their arm with someone completely different?

Guest fraser

The business of running a footaball club is not like selling shirts to chavs. It is an atypical business venture more akin to buying a house. I buy a house and have a mortgage; the house gives me security and warmth; I pay a mortgage payment; to improve my house I borrow more and the mortgage payment increases. On the other hand if I spend enough and improve my house enough the house appreciates in value meaning that even though my mortgage doesn't decrease (may even increase) essentially its value increases. I may then sell it on and have the capital to buy a bigger house. I've spent plety though.

What's it going to take for some people to get that we're not going to be put into administration?

One more time:

The point of going into administration is to protect yourself from your creditors.

We have only one major creditor, his name is Mike Ashley.

Why would Mike Ashley want to protect Mike Ashley from Mike Ashley?

As far as I'm concerned the absolute duty of an administrator is to get as much back for the creditors as possible.

So what does that mean? It means selling off the whole shebang, the players, facilities, knocking the stadium down for some other development for which money may be paid, the whole lot going into the pocket of Ashley, the bloke people wanted 'cos he was better than Fred. He could hardly just go ahead and do it off his own back with the club a going concern.

no doubt you;ll remember that in freds last 10 years we finished below half way 6times. 3 times in his last 3 years if that was a guide as r=to the way we were going.

he sure had ambition but that ambition got us to the point where in my opinion the banks wouldn't have bankrolled us anymore and we needed the banks just to make ends meet.

yes ashley fucked up......doesn't mean fred was doing well for us.

What's it going to take for some people to get that we're not going to be put into administration?

One more time:

The point of going into administration is to protect yourself from your creditors.

As far as I'm concerned the absolute duty of an administrator is to get as much back for the creditors as possible.

So what does that mean? It means selling off the whole shebang, the players, facilities, knocking the stadium down for some other development for which money may be paid, the whole lot going into the pocket of Ashley, the bloke people wanted 'cos he was better than Fred. He could hardly just go ahead and do it off his own back with the club a going concern.

creditors ? guess who that is.

Despite the experience with Ashley, I'd much rather we had a single owner than a consortium or some finance company. The owners of a football club have to do it for the pleasure and the status, and you're far more likely to find that with a single owner.

Unless you own Man U, there's no way you can make money. The best you can hope for is to break even. I can't see what's in it for someone in a ten-man consortium unless they're hoping to get some return on their investment.

The obvious investment opportunity would be to make the club successful and sell it on for a profit.  Just putting us back in the Premiership would increase our value to between £200m-£250m, push on from there and they could sell for far more.

I'd query that figure, because Ashley wasn't able to get £200 million for us when we were in the Premiership, but it seems to me that the biggest problem facing football club owners is that they pretty much have to spend all the money they make, because that's what other clubs are doing and they have to compete. In fact, there's pressure to go into debt because that's what others are doing.

I mean maybe, just maybe, £100 million is under-priced for a quick sale. But even then, you really want an owner who's in it for the long haul, not someone who wants a fast buck.

What about those who'd rather chance their arm with someone completely different?

Yeah, Ashely was someone completely different, wasn't he, mate.

At this point in time, with the club in a huge downward spiral, it really needs someone with experience who knows the business and who knows what they're doing. There are are still no guarantees, given the state of the club now that should be obvious, but I'd rather go with someone known to have been there before and who has brought some ambition and degree of achievement to the club than some unknown entity who may know less than you and me about the real business of running a football club.

Individual choice. If that's what you want that's upto you. I couldn't care less what others want, tbh. I had enough of the rabid types who wanted rid of the most ambitious Board in 60 years to be too much bothered what some others want now. Basically, if after all that has happened some people are still unable to appreciate what the previous Board brought to the club they are beyond any kind of rational thought on the matter.

One more time:

creditors ? guess who that is.

Well there's a bloody big clue in my post. Are you pissed, or is your head up your arse, or something?  Can't you read, man?

I worry that history is going to be rewritten with regards to the sale of the club to Ashley and it's going to be painted as some bloodless coup which angered the fans. Fact of the matter is almost everyone was happy to be rid of that chubby mess, his embarrassing soundbites and his grubby fist which seemed to be perpetually in the coffers.

Just because Fat Fred was slightly more paletable than Ashley doesn't mean we should pretend he's something which he isn't. He's did a lot of damage to this club too remember.

no doubt you;ll remember that in freds last 10 years we finished below half way 6times. 3 times in his last 3 years if that was a guide as r=to the way we were going.

he sure had ambition but that ambition got us to the point where in my opinion the banks wouldn't have bankrolled us anymore and we needed the banks just to make ends meet.

yes ashley fucked up......doesn't mean fred was doing well for us.

Change the record, ffs.  I've heard it all before, it's like you're stuck in a loop.

Ashley has no ambition and knows nowt about football. Fred is a better bet. End of.

I worry that history is going to be rewritten with regards to the sale of the club to Ashley and it's going to be painted as some bloodless coup which angered the fans. Fact of the matter is almost everyone was happy to be rid of that chubby mess, his embarrassing soundbites and his grubby fist which seemed to be perpetually in the coffers.

Just because Fat Fred was slightly more paletable than Ashley doesn't mean we should pretend he's something which he isn't. He's did a lot of damage to this club too remember.

Tripe, tbh.

Guest fading star

Bet people carping on about TPG haven't even looked at their dodgy website.

:laugh: Shocking isn’t it. If they can’t afford a proper web designer there’s no way they can afford NUFC.

One more time:

Erm, did you miss the point when he bought the club outright? He could have done that from the moment he bought the club, why would he bring an administrator in to do that when he could simply have done it himself? The fact that he hasn't done anything like that, kinda suggests that he's not going to, don't you think?

Also, I think you have "administrator" and "liquidator" mixed up. The first duty of an administrator is to rescue the company as a going concern, whereas the role of a liquidator is similar to what you describe. However, the question remains as to why Mike Ashley would do that and you've not answered that I notice.

I'd have thought that someone who's followed the club for as long as you have would know that it doesn't own the land the stadium is built upon and therefore couldn't sell it off for redevelopment even if it wanted to. But hey, don't let reality get in the way of a good rant, eh?

Yeah, Ashely was someone completely different, wasn't he, mate.

At this point in time, with the club in a huge downward spiral, it really needs someone with experience who knows the business and who knows what they're doing. There are are still no guarantees, given the state of the club now that should be obvious, but I'd rather go with someone known to have been there before and who has brought some ambition and degree of achievement to the club than some unknown entity who may know less than you and me about the real business of running a football club.

Individual choice. If that's what you want that's upto you. I couldn't care less what others want, tbh. I had enough of the rabid types who wanted rid of the most ambitious Board in 60 years to be too much bothered what some others want now. Basically, if after all that has happened some people are still unable to appreciate what the previous Board brought to the club they are beyond any kind of rational thought on the matter.

And that is the exact reason I wouldn't go for Fat Fred. I don't want every managerial appointment to be met with a groan and every press conference to be soured by a daft comment from the bloated cunt. I am sick to the back teeth of hearing about the Geordie nation. I want success and neither Freddy or Ashley can deliver that.

There has got to be very few people out their as unprofessional as those two bumbaclots. Shepherd used us as a cash cow and Ashley ran us into the ground due to gross negligance.

If I have a choice between Freddy, Ashley and the mystery box i'm going for the mystery box. Every. Fucking. Time.

Tripe, tbh.

Can you say 'dividends'? I know Freddy could.

He could also say stuff like...

“I didn't want to be known as the man who shot Bambi.”

“Newcastle girls are all dogs. England is full of them.”

“You should only say good things when somebody leaves. Robert has gone - good!”

“When we have got 52,000 fans at each home game, the last thing we are worried about is clubs in the third division."

Tripe, tbh.

I didn't want to be known as the man who shot Bambi.

Newcastle girls are all dogs. England is full of them.

You should only say good things when somebody leaves. Robert has gone - good!

When we have got 52,000 fans at each home game, the last thing we are worried about is clubs in the third division."

Yep all of that and he is still FAR better than Mike Ashley.

Tripe, tbh.

I didn't want to be known as the man who shot Bambi.

Newcastle girls are all dogs. England is full of them.

You should only say good things when somebody leaves. Robert has gone - good!

When we have got 52,000 fans at each home game, the last thing we are worried about is clubs in the third division."

Yep all of that and he is still slightly better than Mike Ashley.

FYP

yes ashley f***ed up......doesn't mean fred was doing well for us.

Change the record, ffs.  I've heard it all before, it's like you're stuck in a loop.

Ashley has no ambition and knows nowt about football. Fred is a better bet. End of.

That is undeniably true.

It would be great to feel that someone was in charge of our club who CARED about it, again.

It is like being at the mercy of someone (who you know) hates you - having that uncaring (hate-filled) incompetent fool 'from far away', Ashley, in charge.

ANYTHING could happen with him, because he does not care - in fact he acts like he was 'hired by' another club to make a mess of our club - he really comes across like that.

It seems that 25% of people on here have got Alzheimer's if they have already forgotten what Shepherd did to this club and actually want the fucker back.

Regular European Football? One of the best grounds in Europe? Full houses? Breaking the world transfer record? Have you seen the list of clubs that have broken the WTR - Shepherd had real ambition, and delivered the goods for most of his tenure.

He was a bit of dick and f***ed up badly when he replaced SBR with Souness, but he should be judged on his achievements not just the failings of the post SBR era. 

Well I could buy the chip shop down the road and pump a whole load of money into it and make it a sweet looking gastro pub.

But 6 months later, I'd be re-mortgaging the house, the wife would have left, I'd have to declare bankrupcy, live on the street and hope skirges dog would give me some change.

The European runs, the ground and the full houses are all from Sir John Hall. Its not like he built the place from the ground up, he just had to move his stuff into the penthouse and buy some furniture.

Is this the same SJH who was the major shareholder until Ashley reared his ugly head?  You think he just let Shepherd run the show do you?

Theres a whole thread on this subject, the important issues are how much influence Shepherd would have, if hes learnt from his mistakes and what benefits his experience might bring to the table.

I dont really understand your argument to be honest? I never said Sir John Hall was blameless, nor do I think that.

So your agreeing with me? After praising Shepherd and his achievments and sticking up for him, your now saying he didnt actually do any of those things it was Sir John Hall?

................................................................................

Whilst I cant believe anyone could do a worse job than Ashley, the fat bastard makes the other bald fat bastard look like Steve Gibson. Many people thought similar that we couldnt get worse than Shepherd before, regardless right now Shepherd sits as very much a case of Better The Devil you know.

It very much depends on who he has backing him, he will get us closer to the right track if the money is in place.

However..he left for a reason last year, if he is here for anything more than a short term to get us back on track, it wouldnt be a suprise to see things end in tears again.

Its like dating two abusive girls in a row and then when the second girl dumps you, you refuse to see anyone new in fear that no-one else will be different and beg the first girl to take you back, because things were good for a while, before she started beating you.

I can't understand people being upset at views demanding better than Shepherd, although as days pass we are hardly in a position to be picky.

All anyone wants right now is some stability, even if its in the short term so we have a manager and squad for next season to try and take us back up. Again as the days pass I dont think alot of people care who takes over as long as things are sorted soon, certainly Ashley just wants who ever has the cash, in both cases, maybe Shepherd is the best of bad bunch..

Guest firetotheworks

Shepherd is the lesser of two evils. If he is genuinely the only other option to Ashley, then he is the better choice.

I dont see how there is anything more to the discussion on it than that.